The latest advances in cancer treatment are available to patients from Miami, Florida, at Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa. A global leader in treatment and clinical research, Moffitt serves patients with all types of cancer. Our experts take an individualized approach to treatment that focuses on addressing each patient’s unique needs and health care preferences. By merging individualized attention with advanced treatment methods, Moffitt is able to provide more positive outcomes and an improved quality of life for our patients.
Of course, Miami, FL, has no shortage of cancer treatment providers, but many patients across the state and throughout the country choose to travel to Moffitt for their treatment and care. Here are a few reasons why:
- Moffitt features multispecialty treatment teams of surgeons, oncologists, pathologists, radiologists and many other experts, who all focus solely on their area of specialty. For example, if you require breast cancer treatment, you will be seen by specialists who focus exclusively on breast cancer.
- Moffitt is a high-volume cancer center, which means our physicians have a unique level of experience treating complex and uncommon malignancies. We routinely treat cancers that many other specialists see only a few times throughout their careers.
- Moffitt is the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center that is based in Florida. This distinction can be attributed to our ambitious research initiatives and robust clinical trial program, which allow eligible patients to receive the latest cancer treatment breakthroughs before they are made widely available.
Frequently asked questions
Where can I stay while receiving treatment at Moffitt?
At Moffitt, we understand that traveling to receive cancer treatment presents a few logistical challenges. To help our out-of-town patients focus on their recovery, we offer reduced rates at our partner hotels. These hotels are located near our cancer center and meet our stringent hygiene requirements. They also offer many amenities, including:
- In-room WiFi
- Shuttle service to and from Moffitt
- Complimentary on-site parking
- On-site laundry
- Complimentary breakfast
What supportive care services does Moffitt offer?
Cancer treatment comes with a wide array of physical, emotional, spiritual and social challenges. That’s why we offer our Supportive Care Medicine program that works alongside our medical doctors and specialists to relieve the pain, distress and other symptoms that a cancer patient may be experiencing. Our supportive care team members are here to help maximize a patient’s comfort during treatment, assist patients and their families in making informed health decisions and more. Some of the different supportive services we offer include:
- Mindfulness and meditation techniques
- Massage therapy
- Therapy and counseling to help manage anxiety, depression, sleep problems and more
- Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment (OMT) to relieve pain and improve muscle and bone function
Does Moffitt offer follow-up visits virtually?
Our oncologists, surgeons, advanced practice professionals (APP), nurses, genetic counselors and dieticians offer Virtual Care appointments for our patients. Of course, if you want to visit in person, you are welcome to do so—Moffitt follows the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines to maximize our patients’ health and safety during the COVID-19 pandemic. However, if you do not require imaging scans, testing or treatment, you can easily schedule a follow-up Virtual Visit with your provider.
Call 1-888-663-3488 or submit a new patient registration form online if you would like to explore your cancer treatment options with a Moffitt specialist. We welcome patients from Miami, FL, with or without referrals.