Find a Doctor
Daniel Nahrwold, MD
Locations: Moffitt Cancer Center
Dr. Daniel Nahrwold is an Assistant Member in the Moffitt Cancer Center Department of Anesthesiology. Dr. Nahrwold earned his MD at the Indiana University School of Medicine. He then completed an Anesthesiology Residency at Vanderbilt University Medical Center followed by a Critical Care Medicine Fellowship at the University of California, San Francisco. After his fellowship, Dr. Nahrwold was an Anesthesiologist and Intensivist at Kaiser Permanente in San Francisco and Oakland, California. Additionally, he was an Assistant Clinical Professor of Anesthesiology at Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center. Dr. Nahrwold’s clinical interests are in acute pain management, ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia, biomedical informatics, and critical care medicine. His research interests are in advancing technology and anesthetic techniques to improve perioperative quality outcomes.
Education & Training
- Critical Care Medicine
- University of California, San Francisco - Critical Care
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center - Anesthesiology
- Indiana University School of Medicine - MD
- Liu J, Nahrwold DA, Serdiuk AA, Koontz DB, Fontaine JP. Intraoperative Goal-Directed Anesthetic Management of the Patient with Severe Pulmonary Hypertension. Am J Case Rep. 2019 Jul.20:998-1001. Pubmedid: 31292431. Pmcid: PMC6640173.
- Saxena S, Krombach JW, Nahrwold DA, Pirracchio R. Anaesthesia-specific checklists: A systematic review of impact. Anaesth Crit Care Pain Med. 2019 Jul. Pubmedid: 31374366.
- Saxena S, Aminian A, Nahrwold DA, Daper A. LMA Gastro Airway Seen Through the Eyes of a Cardiac Anesthesiologist. J Cardiovasc Pharm. 2019 Aug.33(8):2365-2366. Pubmedid: 31101507.
- Saxena S, Gonsette K, Terram W, Huybrechts I, Nahrwold DA, Cappello M, Barvais L, Engelman E. Gradual withdrawal of remifentanil delays initial post-operative analgesic demand after thyroid surgery; double-blinded, randomized controlled trial. BMC Anesthesiol. 2019 Apr.19(1):60. Pubmedid: 31027480. Pmcid: PMC6485117.
- Boncyk C, Nahrwold DA, Hughes CG. Targeting light versus deep sedation for patients receiving mechanical ventilation. J Emerg Crit Care Med. 2018 Oct.2. Pubmedid: 30443646. Pmcid: PMC6233900.
- Umhau JC, Dauphinais KM, Patel SH, Nahrwold DA, Hibbeln JR, Rawlings RR, George DT. The relationship between folate and docosahexaenoic acid in men. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2006 Mar;60(3):352-357. Pubmedid: 16278690.