Moffitt Cancer Center's highly specialized Endocrine Oncology Program provides individualized treatment and supportive care to patients with cancers of the thyroid, pituitary and adrenal glands, and other endocrine organs. We have one of the only comprehensive endocrine disease programs in the Southeast, and we are a leading destination for physician referrals – not only for patients with confirmed cancers, but also patients with suspected cancers who require further testing.
Through our advanced program, we offer rapid diagnostic services, numerous treatments and clinical trials – not to mention supportive services to enhance each patient's quality of life during treatment. Moffitt is a trusted name in head and neck and endocrine oncology.
Physicians entrust their patients' well-being to Moffitt for a number of reasons. Most notably:
- As a high-volume cancer center, Moffitt has extensive experience diagnosing and treating some of the most challenging endocrine malignancies, such as poorly differentiated and anaplastic thyroid cancers, as well as adrenal cancer.
- Each patient’s treatment plan is assembled by a team of experienced endocrinologists, surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, pathologists and geneticists. These highly specialized medical professionals collaborate on each patient's treatment, providing the benefit of multiple expert opinions in a single location.
- Our tumor board meets weekly to discuss challenging cases in order to review clinical data and determine the management with a multidisciplinary approach. We use pathway-driven guidelines to ensure that each patient is receiving the best possible treatment for his or her specific situation.
- We utilize some of the newest and most innovative options available, from molecular marker testing of thyroid nodules and dynamic hormonal testing, to organ preservation therapy and microvascular reconstructive techniques.
- Patients who have expressed interest in clinical trials can benefit from our robust research program, with active protocols for numerous thyroid, adrenal and other endocrine cancers. To learn more about the clinical trials currently available at Moffitt, contact us at 813-745-6100 or 1-800-679-0775 (toll-free) or submit a clinical trials inquiry form.
Additionally, to ensure the shortest possible referral times, we are committed to streamlining the referral process and eliminating unnecessary formalities.