The Molecular Genomics Core provides high quality services in genomics in support of basic and clinical science research to identify molecular components and signatures associated with cancer biology and response to therapy. The core staff is highly trained and provides expertise in a variety of instrumentation platforms as well as guidance in study design and grant preparation. The core staff develops and provides cutting edge technology with a focus on facilitating precision medicine benefits to the clinical research enterprise. The Molecular Genomics Core works closely with other cores to provide seamless integration of sample preparation and isolation into molecular workflows and coordination of downstream analysis by the Cancer Informatics core.
- Affymetrix Arrays: Human & Mouse 3’ IVT and WT Arrays, miRNA Array, CytoScan and OncoScan CNV arrays
- Illumina BeadArray: 450K Methylation, Human & Mouse Expression, Genotyping Arrays
- Agilent: Expression, SNP, CGH Arrays
- Exiqon: miRCURY LNA microRNA Arrays
- NanoString nCounter: Gene Expression and microRNA Analysis
- Targeted Next-Gen Sequencing: Amplicon and Hybridization-based
- Large-scale Next-Gen Sequencing: ChIP-Seq, RNA-Seq, Meythl-Seq, Whole-Exome Sequencing
- Sanger Sequencing: PCR Product and Vector Sequencing
Quantitative Real-Time PCR
- Applied Biosystems 7900HT (Two Systems)
- Fluidigm BioMark HD with Juno IFC Controller
- Cell Line Authentication
- Microsatellite Instability (MSI) Analysis
- STR Analysis
Please contact the Core by phone or email for more details on current services and pricing.
The Molecular Genomics Core is located in the Moffitt Research Center (MRC) on the 1st floor, Room 1301.
The Molecular Genomics core uses a Laboratory Information Management Suite (LIMS) located on the Moffittnet for billing and usage tracking.
All publications based on work conducted in the Molecular Genomics Core should acknowledge the facility. A suggested statement is as follows:
This work has been supported in part by the Molecular Genomics Core at the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute, a comprehensive cancer center designated by the National Cancer Institute.
If a Core Staff member(s) significantly contributes or participates in a project, investigators are encouraged to consider including the individual(s) in the list of authors.
Alvaro Monteiro, PhD - firstname.lastname@example.org
Core Facility Manager
Sean Yoder, MS - email@example.com