Moffitt Cancer Center is offering Virtual Care visits for new and established patients in Florida. Individuals who would like to speak "face-to-face" with a Moffitt oncologist, surgeon, genetic counselor or another professional can do so in the comfort and safety of their own home by scheduling a Virtual Care appointment. This telemedicine service may be used to discuss a new cancer diagnosis, individual risk factors, treatment options or second opinions.
Key facts About Virtual Care
Virtual Care is conducted via a smartphone, computer or tablet and allows a patient in Florida to receive the individualized and progressive care our nationally renowned cancer center is known for providing without having to travel to one of our locations. Here are a few key facts about Moffitt Virtual Care that prospective patients in Florida should know:
- After their appointment is confirmed, patients must register online through the Moffitt Patient Portal and fill out the First Appointment To-Do List 48-72 hours before their virtual visit.
- An internet connection is required to participate in Virtual Care. Patients who will be using a computer will need to have a webcam and select Google Chrome as their browser
- Many insurance plans cover telemedicine services. Patients should check with their health insurance provider before their appointment.
- Video translation services are available.
- Moffitt is here to walk patients through any technical challenges that may arise - for assistance with Virtual Care, call 813-745-8111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Moffitt at 1-888-663-3488 or complete a new patient registration form online to schedule a virtual care visit. Shortly after you submit your information, one of our clinical team members will inform you if Virtual Care visits is appropriate for your situation. In the event that an in-person visit is recommended, you can be assured that Moffitt has taken every precaution necessary to ensure a safe environment for our patients.