Medical Education at Moffitt Cancer Center
The Office of Graduate Medical Education is responsible for assisting and managing clinical educational experiences for medical students, residents and fellows interested in advancing the prevention and cure of cancer. Moffitt hosts over 1,000 individual medical students, residents and fellows each year, with the majority of these learners coming to us from the University of South Florida. We also host learners from other affiliated institutions who wish to train at the top cancer center in the Southeast.
Moffitt’s Office of Graduate Medical Education provides:
- Clinical rotations and clinical research experiences for medical students
- Clinical rotations for 24 non-cancer specialty residency and fellowship programs through our affiliation with University of South Florida Graduate Medical Education
- Residency training for residents enrolled in the USF/Moffitt Radiation Oncology program
- Fellowship training for fellows enrolled in the USF/Moffitt Cytopathology, Dermatopathology, Hematology/Oncology, Gynecologic Oncology, Hematopathology, Musculoskeletal Oncology and Surgical Oncology programs
- Fellowship training in Advanced Gastroenterology, Advanced Radiation Oncology, Blood & Marrow Transplant, Brachytherapy, Breast Imaging, Breast Surgical Oncology, Breast Surgical Pathology, Gastrointestinal Surgical Pathology, Head & Neck Surgical Pathology, Interventional Radiation Oncology, Medical Neuro Oncology, Neurosurgical Oncology, Surgical Pathology, Molecular Pathology, Surgical Oncology Research, Thoracic Surgical Oncology and Urologic Oncology