Moffitt Notice of Blackbaud Data Incident. Learn More
Families First is a special program at Moffitt Cancer Center designed to help parents and their children adjust to the changes that occur within the family when a parent has cancer. Education, preparation and support enable families to cope successfully in the face of a serious illness.
How does Families First help?
- Providing parents guidance in talking about cancer with their children
- Creating opportunities for health expression and validation of feelings
- Promoting parent’s understanding of childhood growth and development
- Counseling children who experience difficulties adjusting to a parent’s illness
- Offering peer support and lasting connections for parents and children
- Encouraging family communication and fun at weekend programs
To speak to someone about this program, call 813-745-8407.