Make sure Moffitt and cancer care are part of your Medicare plan. Medicare Open Enrollment Period (aka Annual Enrollment Period) is Oct. 15, 2021 to Dec. 7, 2021. This is when you can sign up for a plan, switch plans, or leave a plan. A list of Medicare participating providers is below.
Moffitt Cancer Center and Moffitt Medical Group accept Original Medicare and accept Medicare assignments. All Medicare supplements, also known as "Medigap" policies, are accepted by Moffitt Cancer Center and Moffitt Medical Group except for Medicare "Select" supplements. Medicare Select supplements require the beneficiary to receive services from a contracted, in-network provider for the supplement to pay its supplemental portion. Moffitt Cancer Center is only contracted with one Medicare Select supplement (Ameri-Plus Preferred Care).
Moffitt is also a participating provider for a number of Medicare Advantage, also known as Medicare Replacement, plans. Make sure that Moffitt and our physicians are part of your Medicare Advantage plan during Medicare’s open enrollment period.
View the complete Medicare Advantage Plan (also known as Medicare replacement plans) list for 2021 below.
IMPORTANT MESSAGE: The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) announced that Medicare will cover low-dose CT lung cancer screenings for high-risk beneficiaries between the ages of 55-74. It was scientifically proven in 2010 that screening can reduce overall death from lung cancer, which is currently the No. 1 cancer killer in the U.S. by at least 20%. Learn more about our Lung Cancer Screening and Surveillance Program.
View our Glossary of Terms
- Aetna - Moffitt Cancer Center and Moffitt Medical Group are contracted, participating providers for Aetna's Medicare HMO and PPO plans.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida (Florida Blue)
- The Moffitt Cancer Center and Moffitt Medical Group are contracted, participating providers for Florida Blue's Medicare HMO and PPO plans. Moffitt is not in-network with Blue Cross Blue Shield's Medicare Preferred HMO plan.
- Moffitt Cancer Center is not contracted or participating with "Advantage 65", which is a Medicare Select supplement. Patients with Advantage 65 can come to Moffitt with their Original Medicare primary insurance but their Advantage 65 supplement will not pay its supplemental portion. Patients can call BCBS to switch to a traditional Medicare supplement (BCBS uses the name CompCoverage).
- Health First - Moffitt Cancer Center and Moffitt Medical Group are contracted participating providers for Health First's Medicare HMO and PPO plans.
- Moffitt Cancer Center and Moffitt Medical Group are contracted, participating providers for Humana's Medicare HMO plan (Humana uses the name “Gold Plus”). However, this HMO plan requires that all services be authorized by the patient's Primary Care Physician. Many Humana Gold Plus patients have had an extremely difficult time getting their Primary Care Physician to authorize services at Moffitt.
- Moffitt Cancer Center and Moffitt Medical Group are contracted, participating providers for Humana's Medicare PPO plan (Humana uses the name “ChoicePPO”).
- Moffitt and MMG will accept all patients with Humana's Medicare PFFS plan (Humana uses the name "Gold Choice").
- Molina Medicare Advantage HMO/PPO - Moffitt Cancer Center and Moffitt Medical Group are contracted participating providers for Molina Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO plans.
To better prepare yourself when talking with your insurance company, click here for questions to help you enroll in a Medicare plan.
For more information, call 813-745-7300 or email FCUinsuranceNavigator@Moffitt.org. For general Medicare information, call the government’s helpline at 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227).