Notice to Our Patients Regarding a Stolen Briefcase. Learn More
Moffitt Medical Group (MMG)
The Moffitt Medical Group (MMG) is Florida’s largest multi-disciplinary medical group practice that is dedicated to cancer care. The MMG, based at Moffitt Cancer Center, also provides services at other hospitals and clinics throughout the state of Florida and beyond.
The MMG consists of 377 oncology specialists, including 221 board-certified physicians and 156 advanced practice professionals, as well as other staff who specialize in nearly 30 cancer programs and services. Our specialty-trained physicians are exclusively focused on cancer diagnosis, treatment and prevention.
The MMG physician team includes cancer surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, radiologists, pathologists and more, along with experts in cancer genomics and cardio-oncology.
Using a patient-centered, multi-specialty, team-based approach, MMG physicians blend clinical excellence with compassion to ensure that patients and their families feel connected to the team. MMG’s superior standing is underscored by the following distinctions:
- The development of clinical care Pathways, a unique approach to defining standards of cancer care, ensures that every patient receives the highest possible quality of care.
- MMG physicians participate in the National Comprehensive Care Network’s (NCCN’s) development of guidelines.
- Our National Cancer Institute (NCI) designation as a Comprehensive Cancer Center reflects the MMG commitment to clinical and academic excellence.
- MMG experts train the most promising future oncology physicians and advanced practice professionals.
- Many MMG physicians are leaders in their field who perform innovative, sometimes ground-breaking, research and clinical trials, which often exist exclusively at Moffitt Cancer Center; clinical trials provide unique opportunities for patients to receive the most advanced treatments with the potential to improve the national standard of cancer care.
The academic nature of the practice, coupled with the determination to treat every patient in accordance with the best available medical evidence, translates into superior quality and better outcomes, offering the best chance for beating cancer.