OVERALL PATIENT SATISFACTION RATING
At Moffitt Cancer Center, we are committed to holding ourselves to the highest standards, especially in the area of patient satisfaction. We believe in the power of patient choice and want to provide the information a patient needs to make a thoughtful choice when selecting a provider. To help make this information publicly available, we proudly partner with Press Ganey and Binary Fountain to provide ratings and comments of our providers.
As a strategic business partner to more than 26,000 health care organizations, Press Ganey has lead the industry in helping clients transform the patient experience for more than 30 years. Press Ganey provides various surveys to Moffitt patients in which they can survey and provide feedback about various aspects of care.
Electronic surveys are sent to Moffitt patients within a few days of their appointment. The surveys cover many aspects of care from their Outpatient Clinic, Urgent Care and Virtual Health (Telemedicine) visits, and the feedback is used to make improvements across all domains. Each year we hear from over 45,000 patients who receive care with us.
Star ratings and comments are derived from patient responses to two specific questions on each of the surveys about care from their provider.
The questions used from our outpatient clinic visits are:
- Likelihood of recommending this healthcare provider to others with similar healthcare needs.
- Your trust in the skill of the care provider.
The questions used from our Urgent Care visits are:
- Doctor’s concern for your comfort while treating you.
- How well the care provider listened to you.
The questions used from our Virtual Health visits are:
- Likelihood of your recommending this care provider to others.
- Your confidence in this care provider.
For each provider, ratings from their patients are averaged together to form a single star rating. Responses are measured on a scale of 0 to 5, with 5 being the best score.
We do post both positive and negative comments from the surveys; however, we do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate, or may risk the privacy of our patients.
Comments are edited to protect patient health information (PHI) and to exclude information not related to patient care. A “[…]” in the comments indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider.
Comments related to the following guidelines will be automatically removed or edited:
- PHI that could identify the patient
- Derogatory/inflammatory language or profanity
- Comments about provider’s physical attributes (race, appearance, disability, personal info, ESL, etc.)
- References to other providers/staff members by name or other identifying statements
- Claims of malpractice, criminal activity, pending litigations, or misconduct
- Also libelous claims (I will sue, I will file a report, I have an attorney, etc.)
- Comments not related to provider care (“N/A,” insurance issues, survey instruments, billing department, etc.)
If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.
In addition to publishing comments and ratings online to help patients make empowered choices for their care, we continually use surveys responses to identify ways to improve patient care.
Online comments collected from the Press Ganey Surveys are anonymous and therefore we will not be able to respond. However if a patient has noted on their survey that we can contact them, our Patient Experience Team will reach out to them personally.