Find a Doctor
Cancer Focus: Breast Cancer
Dr. Avan Armaghani is an Assistant Member in the Department of Breast Oncology. Dr. Armaghani received her MD degree from the University of Florida College of Medicine. She completed a Medical Oncology Residency and a Hematology and Oncology Fellowship at Shands Hospital at the University of Florida. Dr. Armaghani treats women and men with breast cancer and is committed to providing excellent patient care. Dr. Armaghani has participated in various research projects, most recently investigating the effects of neoadjuvant chemotherapy on stromal tumor infiltrating lymphocytes (sTIL) in breast cancer.
Education & Training
- Shands Hospital at the University of Florida - Hematology & Oncology
- Shands Hospital at the University of Florida -
- University of Florida College of Medicine(MD, - MD)
- Figura NB, Rizk VT, Armaghani AJ, Arrington JA, Etame AB, Han HS, Czerniecki BJ, Forsyth PA, Ahmed KA. Breast leptomeningeal disease: a review of current practices and updates on management. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2019 Sep.177(2):277-294. Pubmedid: 31209686.
- Armaghani A, Hernandez Gonzalo D, Daily K. Hepatoid adenocarcinoma of the colon. BMJ Case Rep. 2015 Apr;2015. Pubmedid: 25883249. Pmcid: PMC4401922.
- Crucian GP, Armaghani S, Armaghani A, Foster PS, Burks DW, Skoblar B, Drago V, Heilman KM. Dopamine does not appear to affect mental rotation in Parkinson's disease. J Mov Disord. 2014 Oct;7(2):77-83. Pubmedid: 25360231. Pmcid: PMC4213535.
- Iqbal S, Armaghani A, Aiyer R, Kazory A. Methotrexate nephrotoxicity: Novel treatment, new approach. J Oncol Pharm Pract. 2013 Dec;19(4):373-376. Pubmedid: 24255083.
- Crucian GP, Armaghani S, Armaghani A, Foster PS, Burks DW, Skoblar B, Drago V, Heilman KM. Visual-spatial disembedding in Parkinson's disease. J Clin Exp Neuropsychol. 2010 Feb.32(2):190-200. Pubmedid: 19484649.