Find a Doctor
Cancer Focus: Breast Cancer
Dr. Avan Armaghani is an Assistant Member in the Department of Breast Oncology. Dr. Armaghani received her MD degree from the University of Florida College of Medicine. She completed a Medical Oncology Residency and a Hematology and Oncology Fellowship at Shands Hospital at the University of Florida. Dr. Armaghani treats women and men with breast cancer and is committed to providing excellent patient care. Dr. Armaghani has participated in various research projects, most recently investigating the effects of neoadjuvant chemotherapy on stromal tumor infiltrating lymphocytes (sTIL) in breast cancer.
Education & Training
- Shands Hospital at the University of Florida - Hematology & Oncology
- Shands Hospital at the University of Florida -
- University of Florida College of Medicine - MD
- Armaghani AJ, Han HS. Alpelisib in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: A Short Review on the Emerging Clinical Data. Breast Cancer (Dove Med Press). 2020 Nov.12:251-258. Pubmedid: 33239910. Pmcid: PMC7680678.
- Figura NB, Rizk VT, Armaghani AJ, Arrington JA, Etame AB, Han HS, Czerniecki BJ, Forsyth PA, Ahmed KA. Breast leptomeningeal disease: a review of current practices and updates on management. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2019 Sep.177(2):277-294. Pubmedid: 31209686.
- Armaghani A, Hernandez Gonzalo D, Daily K. Hepatoid adenocarcinoma of the colon. BMJ Case Rep. 2015 Apr.2015. Pubmedid: 25883249. Pmcid: PMC4401922.
- Crucian GP, Armaghani S, Armaghani A, Foster PS, Burks DW, Skoblar B, Drago V, Heilman KM. Dopamine does not appear to affect mental rotation in Parkinson's disease. J Mov Disord. 2014 Oct.7(2):77-83. Pubmedid: 25360231. Pmcid: PMC4213535.
- Iqbal S, Armaghani A, Aiyer R, Kazory A. Methotrexate nephrotoxicity: Novel treatment, new approach. J Oncol Pharm Pract. 2013 Dec.19(4):373-376. Pubmedid: 24255083.
- Crucian GP, Armaghani S, Armaghani A, Foster PS, Burks DW, Skoblar B, Drago V, Heilman KM. Visual-spatial disembedding in Parkinson's disease. J Clin Exp Neuropsychol. 2010 Feb.32(2):190-200. Pubmedid: 19484649.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.