Find a Doctor
Leidy Isenalumhe, MD, MS
Program: Malignant Hematology
Locations: Moffitt Cancer Center
Cancer Focus: Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma , Hodgkin Lymphoma , Leukemia
Dr. Leidy Isenalumhe is an Assistant Member in the Department of Malignant Hematology. Dr. Isenalumhe earned her MD from Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education, CUNY Medical College, City College of New York (BA/MD program) /Albany Medical College, New York and her MS degree in Clinical and Biomedical Investigation from the University of Southern California, Los Angeles. She completed a combined Internal Medicine and Pediatric Residency at NJMS-Rutgers (formerly: University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, where she also served as Internal Medicine-Pediatrics Chief Resident. She completed a Pediatric Hematology–Oncology Fellowship at Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles, University of Southern California, where she also served as Chief Fellow. She recently completed an Adult Hematology and Medical Oncology Fellowship at the University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine and Moffitt Cancer Center. Dr. Isenalumhe is uniquely trained in both Pediatric and Adult Hematology-Oncology. Her clinical focus is in malignant hematology, more specifically leukemia and lymphoma in the Adolescent and Young Adult (AYA) population. Dr. Isenalumhe’s research focus is on disparities experienced among Adolescent and Young Adult (AYA) oncology patients, particularly treatment toxicities and their effect on this unique cohort’s overall outcome.
Education & Training
- Internal Medicine
- Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
- Internal Medicine
- University of Southern California - Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
- University of South Florida/H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute - Hematology Oncology
- NJMS Rutgers - Internal Medicine & Pediatrics
- Albany Medical College - MD
- Rose A, Isenalumhe L, Van den Bergh M, Sokol L. Clonal T-cell Large Granular Lymphocytic Disorders Manifesting in Patients with HIV-1 Infection: Case Series and Review of the Literature. Mediterr J Hematol Infect Dis. 2018 Jun.10(1):e2018036. Pubmedid: 30002792. Pmcid: PMC6039084.
- Moskalewicz RL, Isenalumhe LL, Luu C, Wee CP, Nager AL. Bacteremia in nonneutropenic pediatric oncology patients with central venous catheters in the ED. Am J Emerg Med. 2017 Jan;35(1):20-24. Pubmedid: 27765482.
- Isenalumhe LL, Fridgen O, Beaupin LK, Quinn GP, Reed DR. Disparities in Adolescents and Young Adults With Cancer. Cancer Control. 2016 Oct;23(4):424-433. Pubmedid: 27842332.
- Bliss SA, Sinha G, Sandiford OA, Williams LM, Engelberth DJ, Guiro K, Isenalumhe LL, Greco SJ, Ayer S, Bryan M, Kumar R, Ponzio NM, Rameshwar P. Mesenchymal Stem Cell-Derived Exosomes Stimulate Cycling Quiescence and Early Breast Cancer Dormancy in Bone Marrow. Cancer Res. 2016 Oct;76(19):5832-5844. Pubmedid: 27569215.