Moffitt Notice of Blackbaud Data Incident. Learn More
Find a Doctor
Leidy Isenalumhe, MD, MS
Locations: Moffitt Cancer Center
Cancer Focus: Hodgkin Lymphoma , Leukemia , Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
Dr. Isenalumehe earned her MD from Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education, CUNY Medical College, City College of New York (BA/MD Program) / Albany Medical College, New York and her MS degree in Clinical and Biomedical Investigation from the University of Southern California, Los Angeles. She completed a combined Internal Medicine and Pediatric Residency at NJMS-Rutgers (former: University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, where she also served as Internal Medicine-Pediatrics Chief Resident. She completed a Pediatric Hematology-Oncology Fellowship at Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles, University of Southern California, where she also served as Chief Fellow. She recently completed an Adult Hematology and Medical Oncology Fellowship at the University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine and Moffitt Cancer Center. Dr. Isenalumhe is uniquely trained in both Pediatric and Adult Hematology-Oncology. Her clinical focus is in malignant hematology, more specifically leukemia and lymphoma in the Adolescent and Young Adult (AYA) population. Dr. Isenalumhe’s research focus is on disparities experienced among Adolescent and Young Adult (AYA) oncology patients, particularly treatment toxicities and their effect on this unique cohort’s overall outcome.
Education & Training
- Internal Medicine
- Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
- Internal Medicine
- University of Southern California - Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
- University of South Florida/H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute - Hematology Oncology
- NJMS Rutgers - Internal Medicine & Pediatrics
- Albany Medical College - MD
- Chan O, Talati C, Isenalumhe L, Shams S, Nodzon L, Fradley M, Sweet K, Pinilla-Ibarz J. Side-effects profile and outcomes of ponatinib in the treatment of chronic myeloid leukemia. Blood Adv. 2020 Feb.4(3):530-538. Pubmedid: 32045474. Pmcid: PMC7013263.
- Rose A, Grajales-Cruz A, Lim A, Todd A, Bello C, Shah B, Chavez J, Pinilla-Ibartz J, Saeed H, Sandoval-Sus J, Isenalumhe L, Sokol L. Classical Hodgkin Lymphoma: Clinicopathologic Features, Prognostic Factors, and Outcomes From a 28-Year Single Institutional Experience. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2020 Aug. Pubmedid: 32950461.
- Rose A, Isenalumhe L, Van den Bergh M, Sokol L. Clonal T-cell Large Granular Lymphocytic Disorders Manifesting in Patients with HIV-1 Infection: Case Series and Review of the Literature. Mediterr J Hematol Infect Dis. 2018 Jun.10(1):e2018036. Pubmedid: 30002792. Pmcid: PMC6039084.
- Moskalewicz RL, Isenalumhe LL, Luu C, Wee CP, Nager AL. Bacteremia in nonneutropenic pediatric oncology patients with central venous catheters in the ED. Am J Emerg Med. 2017 Jan.35(1):20-24. Pubmedid: 27765482.
- Isenalumhe LL, Fridgen O, Beaupin LK, Quinn GP, Reed DR. Disparities in Adolescents and Young Adults With Cancer. Cancer Control. 2016 Oct.23(4):424-433. Pubmedid: 27842332.
- Bliss SA, Sinha G, Sandiford OA, Williams LM, Engelberth DJ, Guiro K, Isenalumhe LL, Greco SJ, Ayer S, Bryan M, Kumar R, Ponzio NM, Rameshwar P. Mesenchymal Stem Cell-Derived Exosomes Stimulate Cycling Quiescence and Early Breast Cancer Dormancy in Bone Marrow. Cancer Res. 2016 Oct.76(19):5832-5844. Pubmedid: 27569215.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.