Find a Doctor
Cancer Focus: Hodgkin Lymphoma , Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
Dr. Saeed earned his MD at the University of Baghdad, College of Medicine, Iraq. He completed a post-doctoral fellowship at the University of Kentucky, College of Pharmacy, in Dr. Abeer Al-Ghananeem’s Lab. Dr. Saeed completed an Internal Medicine Residency and Hematology and Medical Oncology Fellowship, and he served as Chief Fellow at the University of Kentucky. Dr. Saeed joins us from the University of Kentucky, where he was appointed as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology and Blood and Marrow Transplantation, College of Medicine. Dr. Saeed specializes in treating blood cancers. His primary clinical focus includes the management of Non-Hodgkin’s and Hodgkin’s lymphomas. Dr. Saeed’s primary research expertise focuses on early phase clinical trials using novel chemotherapy combinations. He is also interested in understanding blood cancer characteristics and outcomes through population-based studies.
Education & Training
- Myint ZW, Shrestha R, Siddiqui S, Slone S, Huang B, Ramlal R, Monohan GP, Hildebrandt GC, Saeed H. Ten-year survival outcomes for patients with early stage classical Hodgkin lymphoma: An analysis from Kentucky Cancer Registry. Hematol Oncol Stem Cell Ther. 2019 Oct. Pubmedid: 31629724.
- Myint ZW, Oo TH, Thein KZ, Tun AM, Saeed H. Copper deficiency anemia: review article. Ann Hematol. 2018 Sep.97(9):1527-1534. Pubmedid: 29959467.
- Saeed H, Yalamanchi S, Liu M, Van Meter E, Gul Z, Monohan G, Howard D, Hildebrandt GC, Herzig R. Age adjusted hematopoietic stem cell transplant comorbidity index predicts survival in a T-cell depleted cohort. Hematol Oncol Stem Cell Ther. 2018 Jun.11(2):90-95. Pubmedid: 29398592.
- Shah D, Shrestha R, Ramlal R, Hatton J, Saeed H. Pembrolizumab associated hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis. Ann Oncol. 2017 Jun.28(6):1403. Pubmedid: 28368439.
- Saeed H, Hnoosh D, Huang B, Durbin EB, McGrath PC, Desimone P, Maynard E, Anthony LB, Dineen SP, Hosein PJ, Tzeng CW. Defining the optimal timing of adjuvant therapy for resected pancreatic adenocarcinoma: A statewide cancer registry analysis. J Surg Oncol. 2016 Sep;114(4):451-455. Pubmedid: 27238300.
- Saeed H, Woods RR, Lester J, Herzig R, Gul Z, Monohan G. Evaluating the optimal serum ferritin level to identify hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis in the critical care setting. Int J Hematol. 2015 Aug.102(2):195-199. Pubmedid: 25997871.
- Saeed H, Awasthi M, Al-Qaisi A, Massarweh S. Blastic plasmacytoid dendritic cell neoplasm with extensive cutaneous and central nervous system involvement. Rare Tumors. 2014 Oct.6(4):5474. Pubmedid: 25568744. Pmcid: PMC4274438.
- Chen L, Romond E, Chokshi S, Saeed H, Hodskins J, Stevens M, Pasley G, Weiss H, Massarweh S. A prognostic model of early breast cancer relapse after standard adjuvant therapy and comparison with metastatic disease on initial presentation. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2012 Nov.136(2):565-572. Pubmedid: 23053651.
- Saeed H, Massarweh S. Images in clinical medicine. Hypertrophic pulmonary osteoarthropathy and tripe palms. N Engl J Med. 2012 Jan.366(4):360. Pubmedid: 22276825.
- Al-Ghananeem AM, Saeed H, Florence R, Yokel RA, Malkawi AH. Intranasal drug delivery of didanosine-loaded chitosan nanoparticles for brain targeting; an attractive route against infections caused by AIDS viruses. J Drug Target. 2010 Jun.18(5):381-388. Pubmedid: 20001275.