Moffitt Notice of Blackbaud Data Incident. Learn More
Find a Doctor
Dr. Chan received her MD degree from the University of Arizona College of Medicine, Phoenix. She completed an Internal Medicine Residency at the University of Arizona College of Medicine in Tucson, followed by a Hematology/Oncology Fellowship at Moffitt Cancer Center/University of South Florida. Dr. Chan’s clinical interests include myeloid malignancies, specifically myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) and acute myeloid leukemia (AML). Her research interests include clinical trials and outcome studies inspired by molecular targets that focus on myeloid neoplasms.
Education & Training
- Internal Medicine
- University of Arizona, Banner University Medical Center - Internal Medicine
- Moffitt Cancer Center, University of South Florida - Hematology/Oncology
- University of Arizona College of Medicine - MD
- Talati C, Goldberg AD, Przespolewski A, Chan O, Ali NA, Kim J, Famulare C, Sallman D, Padron E, Kuykendall A, Lancet JE, Wang E, Tallman MS, Komrokji R, Sweet K. Comparison of induction strategies and responses for acute myeloid leukemia patients after resistance to hypomethylating agents for antecedent myeloid malignancy. Leuk Res. 2020 Jun.93:106367. Pubmedid: 32408060.
- Chan O, Padron E. Moving towards a uniform risk stratification system in CMML - How far are we?. Best Pract Res Clin Haematol. 2020 Jun.33(2):101131. Pubmedid: 32460982.
- Yun S, Chan O, Kerr D, Vincelette ND, Idrees A, Mo Q, Sweet K, Lancet JE, Kharfan-Dabaja MA, Zhang L, Sokol L. Survival outcomes in blastic plasmacytoid dendritic cell neoplasm by first-line treatment and stem cell transplant. Blood Adv. 2020 Jul.4(14):3435-3442. Pubmedid: 32722779. Pmcid: PMC7391135.
- Chan O, Talati C, Isenalumhe L, Shams S, Nodzon L, Fradley M, Sweet K, Pinilla-Ibarz J. Side-effects profile and outcomes of ponatinib in the treatment of chronic myeloid leukemia. Blood Adv. 2020 Feb.4(3):530-538. Pubmedid: 32045474. Pmcid: PMC7013263.
- Schwabkey ZI, Al Ali N, Chan O, Sallman DA, Padron E, Kuykendall AT, Talati C, Sweet K, Lancet JE, Komrokji RS. Fluorescence in Situ Hybridization (FISH) Utility for Risk Score Assessment in Patients With MDS With Normal Metaphase Karyotype. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2020 Aug. Pubmedid: 33093008.
- Yun S, Sharma R, Chan O, Vincelette ND, Sallman DA, Sweet K, Padron E, Komrokji R, Lancet JE, Abraham I, Moscinski LC, Cleveland JL, List AF, Zhang L. Prognostic significance of MYC oncoprotein expression on survival outcome in patients with acute myeloid leukemia with myelodysplasia related changes (AML-MRC). Leuk Res. 2019 Sep.84:106194. Pubmedid: 31357093. Pmcid: PMC7375354.
- Pavlovsky C, Chan O, Talati C, Pinilla-Ibarz J. Ponatinib in the treatment of chronic myeloid leukemia and philadelphia chromosome positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Future Oncol. 2019 Jan.15(3):257-269. Pubmedid: 30251548.
- Chan O, Talati C, Sweet K, Pinilla-Ibarz J. Can increased immunogenicity in chronic myeloid leukemia improve outcomes?. Expert Rev Hematol. 2019 Apr.12(4):225-233. Pubmedid: 30855193.
- Majeed A, Chan O, Okolo O, Shponka V, Georgescu A, Persky D. Hodgkin Lymphoma Mimicking Osteomyelitis. Case Rep Oncol. 2017 Jun.10(2):542-547. Pubmedid: 28690530. Pmcid: PMC5498972.
- Zahid U, Akbar F, Amaraneni A, Husnain M, Chan O, Riaz IB, McBride A, Iftikhar A, Anwer F. A Review of Autologous Stem Cell Transplantation in Lymphoma. Curr Hematol Malig Rep. 2017 Jun.12(3):217-226. Pubmedid: 28478586. Pmcid: PMC5607634.
- Chan O, Jamil AR, Millius R, Kaur R, Anwer F. Mixed phenotype acute leukemia with t(9;22): success with nonacute myeloid leukemia-type intensive induction therapy and stem cell transplantation. Clin Case Rep. 2017 Feb.5(4):435-439. Pubmedid: 28396764. Pmcid: PMC5378833.
- Sokolova A, Chan O, Ullah W, Hamdani AA, Anwer F. Delayed rhabdomyolysis with paclitaxel, ifosfamide, carboplatin, and etoposide regimen: a case report. J Med Case Rep. 2017 Apr.11(1):100. Pubmedid: 28395668. Pmcid: PMC5387351.
- Chan O, Low SW, Urcis R, Mahmoud N, Yumul IK, Po JL, Zangeneh TT. Coccidioidomycosis with Pericardial Involvement: Case Report and Literature Review. Am J Med. 2016 Mar.129(3):e21-e25. Pubmedid: 26642905.
- Chan O, Chen H, Krishnadasan R, Anwer F. Case of relentless chronic phase of chronic myeloid leukaemia. BMJ Case Rep. 2016 Jun.2016. Pubmedid: 27335363. Pmcid: PMC4932415.
- Chan O, Igwe M, Breburda CS, Amar S. Burkitt Lymphoma Presenting as an Intracardiac Mass: Case Report and Review of Literature. Am J Case Rep. 2016 Aug.17:553-558. Pubmedid: 27484990. Pmcid: PMC4973801.
- Cypess AM, Chen YC, Sze C, Wang K, English J, Chan O, Holman AR, Tal I, Palmer MR, Kolodny GM, Kahn CR. Cold but not sympathomimetics activates human brown adipose tissue in vivo. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012 Jun.109(25):10001-10005. Pubmedid: 22665804. Pmcid: PMC3382513.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.