Find a Doctor
Seongseok Yun, MD, PhD
Program: Malignant Hematology
Locations: Moffitt Cancer Center
Cancer Focus: Leukemia
Dr. Yun recently completed a Hematology and Medical Oncology Fellowship at Moffitt Cancer Center. Dr. Yun’s clinical interests include management of patients with hematologic malignancies with a focus on Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) and Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL). As a physician-scientist with clinical and basic research expertise in hematologic malignancies, his scientific career is dedicated to understanding and targeting molecular circuits that contribute to the development, maintenance, drug-induced cytotoxicity and resistance of Acute Leukemia.
Education & Training
- Calleja A, Yun S, Moreilhon C, Karsenti JM, Gastaud L, Mannone L, Komrokji R, Ali NA, Dadone-Montaudie B, Robert G, Auberger P, Raynaud S, Sallman DA, Cluzeau T. Clonal selection in therapy-related myelodysplastic syndromes and acute myeloid leukemia under azacitidine treatment. Eur J Haematol. 2020 Jan.104(5):488-498. Pubmedid: 31990086.
- Yun S, Sharma R, Chan O, Vincelette ND, Sallman DA, Sweet K, Padron E, Komrokji R, Lancet JE, Abraham I, Moscinski LC, Cleveland JL, List AF, Zhang L. Prognostic significance of MYC oncoprotein expression on survival outcome in patients with acute myeloid leukemia with myelodysplasia related changes (AML-MRC). Leuk Res. 2019 Sep.84:106194. Pubmedid: 31357093.
- Oh M, McBride A, Yun S, Bhattacharjee S, Slack M, Martin JR, Jeter J, Abraham I. Response to Katona et al. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2019 May.111(5):524-525. Pubmedid: 30715401.
- Acharya UH, Dhawale T, Yun S, Jacobson CA, Chavez JC, Ramos JD, Appelbaum J, Maloney DG. Management of cytokine release syndrome and neurotoxicity in chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T cell therapy. Expert Rev Hematol. 2019 Mar.12(3):195-205. Pubmedid: 30793644.
- Mirza AS, Yun S, Ali NA, Shin H, O'Neil JL, Elharake M, Schwartz D, Robinson K, Nowell E, Engle G, Badat I, Brimer T, Kuc A, Sequeira A, Mirza S, Sikaria D, Vera JD, Hackney N, Abusrur S, Jesurajan J, Kuang J, Patel S, Khalil S, Bhaskar S, Beard A, Abuelenen T, Ratnasamy K, Visweshwar N, Komrokji R, Jaglal M. Validation of the Khorana score in acute myeloid leukemia patients: a single-institution experience. Thromb J. 2019 Jul.17:13. Pubmedid: 31303864. Pmcid: PMC6604148.
- Oh M, McBride A, Yun S, Bhattacharjee S, Slack M, Martin JR, Jeter J, Abraham I. Response to Yang, Shi, Wang et al. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2019 Aug.112(4):428. Pubmedid: 31424546. Pmcid: PMC7156932.
- Yun S, Sokol L, Zhang L. Disseminated Cutaneous Lesions in a Patient With a Medical History of Myelodysplastic Syndrome. JAMA Oncol. 2018 Sep;4(9):1281-1282. Pubmedid: 29800978.
- Yun S, Vincelette ND. Ivosidenib in IDH1-Mutated Acute Myeloid Leukemia. N Engl J Med. 2018 Sep;379(12):1186. Pubmedid: 30260155.
- Oh M, McBride A, Yun S, Bhattacharjee S, Slack M, Martin JR, Jeter J, Abraham I. BRCA1 and BRCA2 Gene Mutations and Colorectal Cancer Risk: Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2018 Nov;110(11):1178-1189. Pubmedid: 30380096.
- Yun S, Zhang L, Patel MR, Knepper TC, Chavez JC, Pinilla-Ibarz J. Transformation of chronic lymphocytic leukemia into B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Blood. 2018 Mar.131(11):1258-1261. Pubmedid: 29437555.
- Acharya UH, Halpern AB, Wu QV, Voutsinas JM, Walter RB, Yun S, Kanaan M, Estey EH. Impact of region of diagnosis, ethnicity, age, and gender on survival in acute myeloid leukemia (AML). J Drug Assess. 2018 Jul.7(1):51-53. Pubmedid: 30034924. Pmcid: PMC6052412.
- Tenneti P, Zahid U, Iftikhar A, Yun S, Sohail A, Warraich Z, Anwer F. Role of High-Dose Chemotherapy and Autologous Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation for Children and Young Adults with Relapsed Ewing's Sarcoma: A Systematic Review. Sarcoma. 2018.2018:2640674. Pubmedid: 29973774. Pmcid: PMC6008812.
- Yun S, Johnson AC, Okolo ON, Arnold SJ, McBride A, Zhang L, Baz RC, Anwer F. Waldenström Macroglobulinemia: Review of Pathogenesis and Management. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2017 May.17(5):252-262. Pubmedid: 28366781. Pmcid: PMC5413391.
- Abraham I, Yami MA, Yun S, Kim HJ, Vincelette ND, McBride A, MacDonald K. Survival outcomes in iron chelated and non-chelated patients with lower-risk myelodysplastic syndromes: Review and pooled analysis of observational studies. Leuk Res. 2017 Jun;57:104-108. Pubmedid: 28343141.
- Yun S, Vincelette ND, Acharya U, Abraham I. Risk of Atrial Fibrillation and Bleeding Diathesis Associated With Ibrutinib Treatment: A Systematic Review and Pooled Analysis of Four Randomized Controlled Trials. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2017 Jan;17(1):31-37.e13. Pubmedid: 27780690.
- Berger GK, McBride A, Lawson S, Royball K, Yun S, Gee K, Bin Riaz I, Saleh AA, Puvvada S, Anwer F. Brentuximab vedotin for treatment of non-Hodgkin lymphomas: A systematic review. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2017 Jan.109:42-50. Pubmedid: 28010897. Pmcid: PMC5218629.
- Yun S, Khoubyari R, Abraham I. Potential Benefit of Low-Dose Candesartan in Trastuzumab-Induced Cardiotoxic Effects. JAMA Oncol. 2016 Oct.3(2):279. Pubmedid: 27787557.
- Yun S, Acharya U. Waxing and Waning Pruritic Cutaneous Lesions Refractory to Antibiotic Treatment. JAMA Oncol. 2016 Nov.2(11):1501-1502. Pubmedid: 27467706.
- Yun S, Vincelette ND, Abraham I, Robertson KD, Fernandez-Zapico ME, Patnaik MM. Targeting epigenetic pathways in acute myeloid leukemia and myelodysplastic syndrome: a systematic review of hypomethylating agents trials. Clin Epigenetics. 2016 Jun;8:68. Pubmedid: 27307795. Pmcid: PMC4908810.
- Yun S, Vincelette ND, Segar JM, Dong Y, Shen Y, Kim DW, Abraham I. Comparative Effectiveness of Newer Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors Versus Imatinib in the First-Line Treatment of Chronic-Phase Chronic Myeloid Leukemia Across Risk Groups: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Eight Randomized Trials. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2016 Jun;16(6):e85-e94. Pubmedid: 27101984.
- Yun S, Vincelette ND, Knorr KL, Almada LL, Schneider PA, Peterson KL, Flatten KS, Dai H, Pratz KW, Hess AD, Smith BD, Karp JE, Hendrickson AE, Fernandez-Zapico ME, Kaufmann SH. 4EBP1/c-MYC/PUMA and NF-κB/EGR1/BIM pathways underlie cytotoxicity of mTOR dual inhibitors in malignant lymphoid cells. Blood. 2016 Jun.127(22):2711-2722. Pubmedid: 26917778. Pmcid: PMC4891953.
- Yun S, Vincelette ND, Abraham I. Multiple Causes of Cardiotoxic Effects in Patients With Chronic Myeloid Leukemia. JAMA Oncol. 2016 Jun.2(6):828-829. Pubmedid: 27281623.
- Yun S, Vincelette ND, Green MR, Wahner Hendrickson AE, Abraham I. Targeting immune checkpoints in unresectable metastatic cutaneous melanoma: a systematic review and meta-analysis of anti-CTLA-4 and anti-PD-1 agents trials. Cancer Med. 2016 Jul.5(7):1481-1491. Pubmedid: 27167347. Pmcid: PMC4867662.
- Alcharakh M, Yun S, Dong Y, Vincelette ND, Daud M, Manzoor S, Riaz IB, Anwer F. Blinatumomab-induced donor T-cell activation for post-stem cell transplant-relapsed acute CD19-positive biphenotypic leukemia. Immunotherapy. 2016 Jul.8(8):847-852. Pubmedid: 27381683.
- Yun S, Vincelette ND. Skin Lesions and Recurrent Fever in Acute Myeloid Leukemia Patient Treated With Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplant. JAMA Oncol. 2016 Dec;2(12):1649-1650. Pubmedid: 27583691.
- Aljabri A, Huckleberry Y, Karnes JH, Gharaibeh M, Kutbi HI, Raz Y, Yun S, Abraham I, Erstad B. Cost-effectiveness of anticoagulants for suspected heparin-induced thrombocytopenia in the United States. Blood. 2016 Dec.128(26):3043-3051. Pubmedid: 27793877. Pmcid: PMC6863170.
- Yun S, Vincelette ND, Abraham I, Puvvada S, Anwer F. Outcome Comparison of Allogeneic versus Autologous Stem Cell Transplantation in Transformed Low-Grade Lymphoid Malignancies: A Systematic Review and Pooled Analysis of Comparative Studies. Acta Haematol. 2016 Dec;136(4):244-255. Pubmedid: 27802434.
- Shen Y, Dong YM, Lu Q, Xu J, Wu YT, Yun SS, Ren ML. Phenolic environmental estrogens in urine and blood plasma from women with uterine leiomyoma: Epidemiological survey. J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2016 Apr.42(4):440-445. Pubmedid: 26842765.
- Yun S, Vincelette ND, Abraham I. Cardioprotective role of β-blockers and angiotensin antagonists in early-onset anthracyclines-induced cardiotoxicity in adult patients: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Postgrad Med J. 2015 Nov.91(1081):627-633. Pubmedid: 26399268.
- Yun S, Vincelette ND. Update on iron metabolism and molecular perspective of common genetic and acquired disorder, hemochromatosis. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2015 Jul.95(1):12-25. Pubmedid: 25737209.
- Ding H, McDonald JS, Yun S, Schneider PA, Peterson KL, Flatten KS, Loegering DA, Oberg AL, Riska SM, Huang S, Sinicrope FA, Adjei AA, Karp JE, Meng XW, Kaufmann SH. Farnesyltransferase inhibitor tipifarnib inhibits Rheb prenylation and stabilizes Bax in acute myelogenous leukemia cells. Haematologica. 2014 Jan.99(1):60-69. Pubmedid: 23996484. Pmcid: PMC4007940.
- Gupta M, Hendrickson AE, Yun SS, Han JJ, Schneider PA, Koh BD, Stenson MJ, Wellik LE, Shing JC, Peterson KL, Flatten KS, Hess AD, Smith BD, Karp JE, Barr S, Witzig TE, Kaufmann SH. Dual mTORC1/mTORC2 inhibition diminishes Akt activation and induces Puma-dependent apoptosis in lymphoid malignancies. Blood. 2012 Jan.119(2):476-487. Pubmedid: 22080480. Pmcid: PMC3257013.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.