Find a Doctor
Dr. Blue earned his MD at Meharry Medical College, Nashville, Tennessee. Dr. Blue completed an Internal Medicine Residency in the Department of Medicine at Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri, and d a Hematology/Oncology Fellowship in the Department of Medicine at Saint Louis University School of Medicine. Dr. Blue recently completed a Blood and Marrow Transplant and Cellular Immunotherapy Fellowship at Moffitt Cancer Center. Dr. Blue’s clinical interests include treatment of plasma cell disorders and evaluation of patients pre and post bone marrow transplant. His research interests include reducing health disparities and improving health outcomes for plasma cell dyscrasias.
Education & Training
- Moffitt Cancer Center - Blood and Marrow Transplant and Cellular Immunotherapy
- Saint Louis University School of Medicine - Hematology/Oncology
- Washington University School of Medicine - Internal Medicine
- Meharry Medical College - MD
- Blue B, Vegunta R, Rodin M, Patolia S, Poddar N. Impact of an Inpatient Palliative Care Consultation in Terminally Ill Cancer Patients. Cureus. 2018 Jul;10(7):e3016. Pubmedid: 30254805. Pmcid: PMC6150761.
- Blue BJ, Luo S, Sanfilippo KM, Ganti A, Gumbel J, O'Brian K, Carson KR. Race-based differences in routine cytogenetic profiles of patients with multiple myeloma. Brit J Haematol. 2017 Jan;176(2):322-324. Pubmedid: 26887893.
- Sanfilippo KM, Keller J, Gage BF, Luo S, Wang TF, Moskowitz G, Gumbel J, Blue B, O'Brian K, Carson KR. Statins Are Associated With Reduced Mortality in Multiple Myeloma. J Clin Oncol. 2016 Nov;34(33):4008-4014. Pubmedid: 27646948. Pmcid: PMC5477827.