Moffitt Notice of Blackbaud Data Incident. Learn More
Find a Doctor
Education & Training
- Infectious Disease
- University of South Florida - Infectious Diseases
- San Juan City Hospital - Internal Medicine
- Orlando Regional Center - Intern Medicine
- CES University - MD
- Hicks JK, Quilitz RE, Komrokji RS, Kubal TE, Lancet JE, Pasikhova Y, Qin D, So W, Caceres G, Kelly K, Salchert YS, Shahbazian K, Abbas-Aghababazadeh F, Fridley BL, Velez AP, McLeod HL, Greene JN. Prospective CYP2C19-Guided Voriconazole Prophylaxis in Patients With Neutropenic Acute Myeloid Leukemia Reduces the Incidence of Subtherapeutic Antifungal Plasma Concentrations. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2020 Mar.107(3):563-570. Pubmedid: 31549389. Pmcid: PMC7018540.
- Rihana N, Nanjappa S, Sullivan C, Velez AP, Tienchai N, Greene JN. Malignancy Trends in HIV-Infected Patients Over the Past 10 Years in a Single-Center Retrospective Observational Study in the United States. Cancer Control. 2018 Jan.25(1). Pubmedid: 30185062. Pmcid: PMC6128080.
- Sánchez-Vargas FM, Gaviria-Lopez AF, Nanjappa S, Velez AP, Greene J. Breast Wound Infections with Rapidly Growing Mycobacteria Following Cancer Surgery. Infect Dis Clin Prac. 2017 May.25(3):126-130.
- Melo F, Bernardes A, Velez A, Campos de Melo C, de Oliveira FJ. Parathyroid Hormone as a Predictor of Post-Thyroidectomy Hipocalcemia: A Prospective Evaluation of 100 Patients. Acta Med Port. 2017 Aug.28(3):322-328. Pubmedid: 26421784.
- Echavarria MF, Cheng A, Velez F, Ng E, Toloza E, Fontaine JP, Moodie C, Garrett J. P1.15: Comparison of Pulmonary Function After Robotic-Assisted Video-Thoracoscopic Lobectomies vs Segmentectomies: Track: Early Stage NSCLC (Stage I - III). J Thorac Oncol. 2016 Oct.11(10S):S189-S190. Pubmedid: 27676501.
- Stutzman T, Sánchez-Vargas FM, Nanjappa S, Velez AP, Greene J. Achromobacter Bacteremia in Patients With Cancer. Infect Dis Clin Prac. 2016 Nov.24(6):339-342.
- Vélez AM, Vellichirammal NN, Jurat-Fuentes JL, Siegfried BD. Cry1F resistance among lepidopteran pests: a model for improved resistance management?. Curr Opin Insect Sci. 2016 Jun.15:116-124. Pubmedid: 27436741.
- Rihana NA, Kandula M, Velez A, Dahal K, O'Neill EB. Histoplasmosis presenting as granulomatous hepatitis: case report and review of the literature. Case Rep Med. 2014 Jul.2014:879535. Pubmedid: 25013413. Pmcid: PMC4070324.
- Velez AP, Greene JN, Vincent AL, Elko-Simms LM. Impact and etiology of periungual toe infections in neutropenic patients. Infect Dis Clin Prac. 2012 Nov.20(6):e31-e34.
- Cheema A, Highsmith J, McCardle T, Castillo E, Sandin RL, Velez AP, Toney JF, Greene JN. Cutaneous manifestations of HTLV-1 infection: a case report. Infect Dis Clin Prac. 2012 Nov.20(6):435-437.
- Cheema A, Katta J, Velez AP, Medveczky M, Medveczky P, Quilitz R, Blue BJ, Vincent AL, Sandin RL, Greene JN. Encephalitis and inherited HHV-6: encephalitis case report. Infect Dis Clin Prac. 2012 Nov.20(6):419-421.
- Highsmith J, Cheema A, Castillo E, Sandin RL, Velez AP, Greene JN. Detection of cryptococcus infection from a contaminated autologous stem cell harvest. Infect Dis Clin Prac. 2012 Jan.20(1):71-74.
- Velez AP, Menezes L, Crespo A. Kawasaki-like syndrome possibly associated with immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome in an HIV-positive patient. Aids Read. 2006 Sep.16(9):464-466. Pubmedid: 17024765.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.