Find a Doctor
Hany Elmariah, MD, MS
Program: Blood and Marrow Transplant and Cellular Immunotherapy
Locations: Moffitt Cancer Center
Cancer Types Treated: MDS, Leukemia , Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS)
Dr. Hany Elmariah is an Assistant Member in the Department of Blood and Marrow Transplant and Cellular Immunotherapy. Dr. Elmariah earned his MD and his MS in Biomedical Engineering at the University of Florida. He completed an Internal Medicine Residency at Duke University. Dr. Elmariah recently completed a Hematology and Oncology Fellowship at Johns Hopkins University, where he also served as Chief Fellow. Dr. Elmariah’s clinical interests focus on transplantation as a curative therapy for hematologic malignancies, particularly leukemias, myelodysplastic syndromes, and myeloproliferative neoplasms (myelofibrosis, chronic myelomonocytic leukemia, chronic myelogenous leukemia). Dr. Elmariah’s research is primarily focused on haploidentical donor blood and marrow transplantation as a strategy to increase donor availability for patients in need of blood or marrow transplantation. He also has an interest in novel cellular therapies as potential cures for myeloid malignancies.
Education & Training
- Johns Hopkins Hospital - Hematology and Oncology
- Duke University Medical Center - Internal Medicine
- University of Florida College of Medicine - MD
CLINICAL TRIAL 19800
A Phase 2, Randomized, Multicenter Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of KD025 in Subjects with Chronic Graft Versus Host Disease (cGVHD) After At Least 2 Prior Lines of Systemic Therapy (The ROCKstar Study)
Condition: Malignant Hematology
CLINICAL TRIAL 19962
A Phase 1 Study Evaluating the Safety and Efficacy of HPV16 E7 T Cell Receptor Engineered T Cells (KITE-439) in HLA-A*02:01+Subjects with Relapsed/Refractory HPV16+ Cancers
Condition: Head & Neck
Intervention: KITE-439; cyclophosphamide; cytoxan (cyclophosphamide); fludarabine (Fludarabine phosphate)
CLINICAL TRIAL 19961
A Phase 1B/2 Study To Evaluate The Safety, Tolerability, Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacodynamics, And Clinical Activity Of Eq001 In Subjects With Newly Diagnosed Acute Graft Versus Host Disease
Condition: Malignant Hematology
Intervention: EQ001; Placebo
- Elmariah H, DeZern AE. Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia: 2018 Update to Prognosis and Treatment. Curr Hematol Malig Rep. 2019 Jun;14(3):154-163. Pubmedid: 31093889.
- Elmariah H, Kasamon YL, Zahurak M, Macfarlane KW, Tucker N, Rosner GL, Bolaños-Meade J, Fuchs EJ, Wagner-Johnston N, Swinnen LJ, Huff CA, Matsui WH, Gladstone DE, McCurdy SR, Borrello I, Gocke CB, Shanbhag S, Cooke KR, Ali SA, Brodsky RA, DeZern AE, Luznik L, Jones RJ, Ambinder RF. Haploidentical Bone Marrow Transplantation with Post-Transplant Cyclophosphamide Using Non-First-Degree Related Donors. Biol Blood Marrow Tr. 2018 May;24(5):1099-1102. Pubmedid: 29452245. Pmcid: PMC6439277.
- Elmariah H, Thomas S, Boggan JC, Zaas A, Bae J. The Burden of Burnout. Am J Med Qual. 2017 Mar;32(2):156-162. Pubmedid: 26917807.
- Elmariah H, Pratz KW. Role of Alternative Donor Allogeneic Transplants in the Therapy of Acute Myeloid Leukemia. J Natl Compr Canc Ne. 2017 Jul;15(7):959-966. Pubmedid: 28687582.
- Elmariah H, Garrett ME, De Castro LM, Jonassaint JC, Ataga KI, Eckman JR, Ashley-Koch AE, Telen MJ. Factors associated with survival in a contemporary adult sickle cell disease cohort. Am J Hematol. 2014 May;89(5):530-535. Pubmedid: 24478166. Pmcid: PMC3988218.
- Rajasekhar A, Elmariah H, Lottenberg L, Beyth R, Lottenberg R, Ang D. Inferior vena cava filters in trauma patients: a national practice patterns survey of U.S. Trauma centers. Am Surg. 2014 Dec;80(12):1237-1244. Pubmedid: 25513923.
- Welch DE, Elmariah H, Peden MC, Adams SG, Ratnakaram R, Kaushal S. Short-term response of macular oedema to intravitreal bevacizumab. Br J Ophthalmol. 2009 Aug;93(8):1033-1036. Pubmedid: 19403519.