Find a Doctor
Hany Elmariah, MD, MS
Program: Blood and Marrow Transplant and Cellular Immunotherapy
Locations: Moffitt Cancer Center
Cancer Types Treated: Leukemia , MDS, Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS)
Dr. Hany Elmariah is an Assistant Member in the Department of Blood and Marrow Transplant and Cellular Immunotherapy. Dr. Elmariah earned his MD and his MS in Biomedical Engineering at the University of Florida. He completed an Internal Medicine Residency at Duke University. Dr. Elmariah recently completed a Hematology and Oncology Fellowship at Johns Hopkins University, where he also served as Chief Fellow. Dr. Elmariah’s clinical interests focus on transplantation as a curative therapy for hematologic malignancies, particularly leukemias, myelodysplastic syndromes, and myeloproliferative neoplasms (myelofibrosis, chronic myelomonocytic leukemia, chronic myelogenous leukemia). Dr. Elmariah’s research is primarily focused on haploidentical donor blood and marrow transplantation as a strategy to increase donor availability for patients in need of blood or marrow transplantation. He also has an interest in novel cellular therapies as potential cures for myeloid malignancies.
Education & Training
- Johns Hopkins Hospital - Hematology and Oncology
- Duke University Medical Center - Internal Medicine
- University of Florida College of Medicine - MD
CLINICAL TRIAL 19800
A Phase 2, Randomized, Multicenter Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of KD025 in Subjects with Chronic Graft Versus Host Disease (cGVHD) After At Least 2 Prior Lines of Systemic Therapy (The ROCKstar Study)
Condition: Malignant Hematology
- Elmariah H, Kasamon YL, Zahurak M, Macfarlane KW, Tucker N, Rosner GL, Bolaños-Meade J, Fuchs EJ, Wagner-Johnston N, Swinnen LJ, Huff CA, Matsui WH, Gladstone DE, McCurdy SR, Borrello I, Gocke CB, Shanbhag S, Cooke KR, Ali SA, Brodsky RA, DeZern AE, Luznik L, Jones RJ, Ambinder RF. Haploidentical Bone Marrow Transplantation with Post-Transplant Cyclophosphamide Using Non-First-Degree Related Donors. Biol Blood Marrow Tr. 2018 May;24(5):1099-1102. Pubmedid: 29452245. Pmcid: PMC6439277.
- Elmariah H, Thomas S, Boggan JC, Zaas A, Bae J. The Burden of Burnout. Am J Med Qual. 2017 Mar;32(2):156-162. Pubmedid: 26917807.
- Elmariah H, Pratz KW. Role of Alternative Donor Allogeneic Transplants in the Therapy of Acute Myeloid Leukemia. J Natl Compr Canc Ne. 2017 Jul;15(7):959-966. Pubmedid: 28687582.
- Elmariah H, Garrett ME, De Castro LM, Jonassaint JC, Ataga KI, Eckman JR, Ashley-Koch AE, Telen MJ. Factors associated with survival in a contemporary adult sickle cell disease cohort. Am J Hematol. 2014 May;89(5):530-535. Pubmedid: 24478166. Pmcid: PMC3988218.
- Rajasekhar A, Elmariah H, Lottenberg L, Beyth R, Lottenberg R, Ang D. Inferior vena cava filters in trauma patients: a national practice patterns survey of U.S. Trauma centers. Am Surg. 2014 Dec;80(12):1237-1244. Pubmedid: 25513923.
- Welch DE, Elmariah H, Peden MC, Adams SG, Ratnakaram R, Kaushal S. Short-term response of macular oedema to intravitreal bevacizumab. Br J Ophthalmol. 2009 Aug;93(8):1033-1036. Pubmedid: 19403519.