Find a Doctor
Cancer Focus: Breast Cancer
Dr. Ataya received her MD degree at the Northeastern Ohio Medical University. She completed a Diagnostic Radiology Residency at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation, where she also served as Chief Resident. Dr. Ataya also completed a Breast Imaging Fellowship at the Cleveland Clinic, and subsequently served as a Clinical Assistant Professor and Associate Staff member in the Section of Breast Imaging at the Cleveland Clinic. Dr. Ataya’s clinical focus is in breast cancer detection and diagnosis. Her clinical practice involves interpreting mammograms, ultrasounds, breast MRI, and performing image-guided breast biopsies and procedures. Dr. Ataya’s interests include medical education and the use of abbreviated breast MRI as a supplemental screening tool.
Education & Training
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Schwarz GS, Knackstedt R, Gatherwright J, Ataya D, Duraes EFR. Reply to 'Fat Grafting and the Palpable Breast Mass in Implant-Based Breast Reconstruction: Incidence and Implications'. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2020 Jan. Pubmedid: 31939759.
- Schwarz GS, Gatherwright J, Duraes EFR, Ataya D, Knackstedt R. Reply: Fat Grafting and the Palpable Breast Mass in Implant-Based Breast Reconstruction: Incidence and Implications. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2020 Apr.145(4):869e-870e. Pubmedid: 32221246.
- Knackstedt RW, Gatherwright J, Ataya D, Duraes E, Schwarz GS. Fat Grafting and the Palpable Breast Mass in Implant Based Breast Reconstruction: Incidence and Implications. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2019 May. Pubmedid: 31206473.
- Ataya D, Niell BL. Complicated Cysts: Should Management Depend Upon Age?. Acad Radiol. 2019 Jul.26(7):907-908. Pubmedid: 30987873.
- Knackstedt RW, Gatherwright J, Ataya D, Duraes EFR, Schwarz GS. Fat Grafting and the Palpable Breast Mass in Implant-Based Breast Reconstruction: Incidence and Implications. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2019 Aug.144(2):265-275. Pubmedid: 31348325.
- Zhang G, Ataya D, L Lebda P, Calhoun BC. Mucocele-like lesions diagnosed on breast core biopsy: Low risk of upgrade and subsequent carcinoma. Breast J. 2018 May;24(3):314-318. Pubmedid: 29024198.
- Mosier A, Gupta E, Ataya D, Bhatt K, Rim A. Low Compliance in a Health-Conscience Spending Era Likely Helps Obviates the Need for 6 month BI-RADS 3 Breast MRI Follow-up After 1 year. Breast J. 2017 Sep;23(5):504-508. Pubmedid: 28248009.
- Sturgis CD, Ataya D, Calhoun BC, Velcheti V, Mukhopadhyay S. Breast Mass in a Woman with Recurrent Thymoma. Ann Am Thorac Soc. 2016 11;13(11):2097-2098. Pubmedid: 27831813.
- Ataya D, Chowdhry AA, Mohammed TL. Epipericardial fat pad necrosis: computed tomography findings and literature review. J Thorac Imaging. 2011 Nov;26(4):W140-W142. Pubmedid: 21135710.