Find a Doctor
Yehuda Deutsch, MD
Program: Malignant Hematology and Cellular Therapy at Memorial Healthcare System
Locations: Moffitt Malignant Hematology & Cellular Therapy at Memorial Healthcare System
Cancer Focus: Hodgkin Lymphoma , Leukemia , MDS, Multiple Myeloma-Plasma Cell Tumor , Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS) , Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
Dr. Yehuda Deutsch is an assistant member of Moffitt Malignant Hematology and Cellular Therapy at Memorial Healthcare System in Pembroke Pines. He is a board-certified hematologist-oncologist dedicated to improving care of patients with cancer. He grew up in South Florida and earned his medical degree from the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, where he was elected into the national Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. He completed his residency and fellowship at Jackson Memorial Hospital and the University of Miami, where he was the recipient of the Peter A. Cassileth award for outstanding clinical judgment, enthusiasm for learning and compassionate care. Dr. Deutsch has a special focus in hematologic malignancies, including leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. He is dedicated to improving patient care through teaching and clinical research. Dr. Deutsch was selected to participate in the International Methods in Clinical Cancer Research Workshop, where he advanced his interest in experimental therapeutics of leukemia. He continues to serve as clinical investigator in numerous clinical trials. He has numerous publications and has given presentations at both local and international meetings.
Education & Training
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology
- Jackson Memorial Hospital - Hematology/Oncology
- Jackson Memorial Hospital - Internal Medicine
- University of Miami Miller School of Medicine(MD, - MD)
- Stover AM, Urick BY, Deal AM, Teal R, Vu MB, Carda-Auten J, Jansen J, Chung AE, Bennett AV, Chiang A, Cleeland C, Deutsch Y, Tai E, Zylla D, Williams LA, Pitzen C, Snyder C, Reeve B, Smith T, McNiff K, Cella D, Neuss MN, Miller R, Atkinson TM, Spears PA, Smith ML, Geoghegan C, Basch EM. Performance Measures Based on How Adults With Cancer Feel and Function: Stakeholder Recommendations and Feasibility Testing in Six Cancer Centers. JCO Oncol Pract. 2020 Mar.16(3):e234-e250. Pubmedid: 32074014. Pmcid: PMC7069703.
- Sandoval-Sus JD, Brahim A, Khan A, Deutsch Y, Raphael B, Ansari-Lari A, Fernandez HF, Raez LE. Complete Response of Primary Refractory ALK-Positive Large B-Cell Lymphoma Treated With Single-Agent Nivolumab. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2019 Sep.20(3):e113-e117. Pubmedid: 32033930.
- Swords RT, Azzam D, Al-Ali H, Lohse I, Volmar CH, Watts JM, Perez A, Rodriguez A, Vargas F, Elias R, Vega F, Zelent A, Brothers SP, Abbasi T, Trent J, Rangwala S, Deutsch Y, Conneally E, Drusbosky L, Cogle CR, Wahlestedt C. Ex-vivo sensitivity profiling to guide clinical decision making in acute myeloid leukemia: A pilot study. Leuk Res. 2018 Jan.64:34-41. Pubmedid: 29175379. Pmcid: PMC5756519.
- Berebichez-Fridman R, Deutsch YE, Joyal TM, Olvera PM, Benedetto PW, Rosenberg AE, Kett DH. Stewart-Treves Syndrome: A Case Report and Review of the Literature. Case Rep Oncol. 2016 Apr;9(1):205-211. Pubmedid: 27099606. Pmcid: PMC4836142.
- Deutsch YE, Tadmor T, Podack ER, Rosenblatt JD. CD30: an important new target in hematologic malignancies. Leuk Lymphoma. 2011 Sep;52(9):1641-1654. Pubmedid: 21619423.