Find a Doctor
Yehuda Deutsch, MD
Program: Malignant Hematology and Cellular Therapy at Memorial Healthcare System
Locations: Moffitt Malignant Hematology & Cellular Therapy at Memorial Healthcare System
Cancer Focus: Hodgkin Lymphoma , Leukemia , MDS, Multiple Myeloma-Plasma Cell Tumor , Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS) , Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
Dr. Yehuda Deutsch is an assistant member of Moffitt Malignant Hematology and Cellular Therapy at Memorial Healthcare System in Pembroke Pines. He is a board-certified hematologist-oncologist dedicated to improving care of patients with cancer. He grew up in South Florida and earned his medical degree from the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, where he was elected into the national Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. He completed his residency and fellowship at Jackson Memorial Hospital and the University of Miami, where he was the recipient of the Peter A. Cassileth award for outstanding clinical judgment, enthusiasm for learning and compassionate care. Dr. Deutsch has a special focus in hematologic malignancies, including leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. He is dedicated to improving patient care through teaching and clinical research. Dr. Deutsch was selected to participate in the International Methods in Clinical Cancer Research Workshop, where he advanced his interest in experimental therapeutics of leukemia. He continues to serve as clinical investigator in numerous clinical trials. He has numerous publications and has given presentations at both local and international meetings.
Education & Training
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology
- Jackson Memorial Hospital - Hematology/Oncology
- Jackson Memorial Hospital - Internal Medicine
- University of Miami Miller School of Medicine(MD, - MD)
- Stover AM, Urick BY, Deal AM, Teal R, Vu MB, Carda-Auten J, Jansen J, Chung AE, Bennett AV, Chiang A, Cleeland C, Deutsch Y, Tai E, Zylla D, Williams LA, Pitzen C, Snyder C, Reeve B, Smith T, McNiff K, Cella D, Neuss MN, Miller R, Atkinson TM, Spears PA, Smith ML, Geoghegan C, Basch EM. Performance Measures Based on How Adults With Cancer Feel and Function: Stakeholder Recommendations and Feasibility Testing in Six Cancer Centers. JCO Oncol Pract. 2020 Mar.16(3):e234-e250. Pubmedid: 32074014. Pmcid: PMC7069703.
- Sandoval-Sus JD, Brahim A, Khan A, Deutsch Y, Raphael B, Ansari-Lari A, Fernandez HF, Raez LE. Complete Response of Primary Refractory ALK-Positive Large B-Cell Lymphoma Treated With Single-Agent Nivolumab. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2019 Sep.20(3):e113-e117. Pubmedid: 32033930.
- Swords RT, Azzam D, Al-Ali H, Lohse I, Volmar CH, Watts JM, Perez A, Rodriguez A, Vargas F, Elias R, Vega F, Zelent A, Brothers SP, Abbasi T, Trent J, Rangwala S, Deutsch Y, Conneally E, Drusbosky L, Cogle CR, Wahlestedt C. Ex-vivo sensitivity profiling to guide clinical decision making in acute myeloid leukemia: A pilot study. Leuk Res. 2018 Jan.64:34-41. Pubmedid: 29175379. Pmcid: PMC5756519.
- Berebichez-Fridman R, Deutsch YE, Joyal TM, Olvera PM, Benedetto PW, Rosenberg AE, Kett DH. Stewart-Treves Syndrome: A Case Report and Review of the Literature. Case Rep Oncol. 2016 Apr;9(1):205-211. Pubmedid: 27099606. Pmcid: PMC4836142.
- Deutsch YE, Tadmor T, Podack ER, Rosenblatt JD. CD30: an important new target in hematologic malignancies. Leuk Lymphoma. 2011 Sep;52(9):1641-1654. Pubmedid: 21619423.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.