Find a Doctor
Sepideh Mokhtari, MD
Locations: Moffitt Cancer Center
Cancer Focus: Meningioma , Neurofibromatosis , Brain Cancer , Glioblastoma
Dr. Sepideh Mokhtari is an Assistant Member in the Department of Neuro-Oncology at Moffitt Cancer Center. Dr. Mokhtari received her medical degree from Texas A&M College of Medicine in Temple, TX. She completed a Neurology Residency at Houston Methodist Hospital, where she also served as Chief Resident. She most recently completed a Neuro-Oncology Fellowship at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. Dr. Mokhtari’s clinical interests are primarily in brain tumors and neurologic complications of cancer. Her research focus is neurologic complications of immunotherapy and paraneoplastic syndromes. In addition, her research interests include patients with neurofibromatosis with plexiform neurofibromas, meningiomas, acoustic neuromas and ependymomas. She is the director of Tuberous Sclerosis clinic and co-director of Neurofibromatosis clinic at Moffitt Cancer Center.
Education & Training
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center - Neuro-Oncology
- Houston Methodist Hospital - Neurology
- Texas A&M - MD
CLINICAL TRIAL 20247
A Phase 2b Trial of the MEK 1/2 Inhibitor (MEKi) PD-0325901 in Adult and Pediatric Patients with Neurofibromatosis Type 1 (NF1)-Associated Inoperable Plexiform Neurofibromas (PNs) that are Causing Significant Morbidity
Condition: Neurologic Oncology
- Figura NB, Rizk VT, Mohammadi H, Evernden B, Mokhtari S, Yu HM, Robinson TJ, Etame AB, Tran ND, Liu J, Washington I, Diaz R, Czerniecki BJ, Soliman H, Han HS, Sahebjam S, Forsyth PA, Ahmed KA. Clinical outcomes of breast leptomeningeal disease treated with intrathecal trastuzumab, intrathecal chemotherapy, or whole brain radiation therapy. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2019 Jun.175(3):781-788. Pubmedid: 30859348.
- Chung M, Jaffer M, Verma N, Mokhtari S, Ramsakal A, Peguero E. Immune checkpoint inhibitor induced anti-glutamic acid decarboxylase 65 (Anti-GAD 65) limbic encephalitis responsive to intravenous immunoglobulin and plasma exchange. J Neurol. 2019 Dec. Pubmedid: 31832829.
- B Figura N, Long W, Yu M, Robinson TJ, Mokhtari S, Etame AB, Tran ND, Diaz R, Soliman H, S Han H, Sahebjam S, Forsyth PA, Ahmed KA. Intrathecal trastuzumab in the management of HER2+ breast leptomeningeal disease: a single institution experience. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2018 Jun;169(2):391-396. Pubmedid: 29392582.
- Sahebjam S, Stallworth DG, Mokhtari S, Tran ND, Arrington JA. Assessing Response of High-Grade Gliomas to Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors. Cancer Control. 2017 Apr;24(2):180-186. Pubmedid: 28441372.