Find a Doctor
Dr. Saima Rashid is an Assistant Member in the Moffitt Cancer Center Department of Supportive Care Medicine. Dr. Rashid obtained her MD from Medical University of the Americas, Camps, St. Kitts and Nevis. She completed an Internal Medicine Residency at East Tennessee State University and a Hospice and Palliative Care Fellowship at MD Anderson Cancer Center. Dr. Rashid’s clinical interest is in pain and fatigue management in cancer patients. She has research interest in outcomes of oncologic palliative care.
Education & Training
- Nguyen KPL, Pai V, Rashid S, Treece J, Moulton M, Baumrucker SJ. Prognostication in Anoxic Brain Injury. Am J Hosp Palliat Care. 2018 Nov.35(11):1446-1455. Pubmedid: 29614864.
- Arikapudi S, Rashid S, Al Almomani LA, Treece J, Baumrucker SJ. Serum Bovine Immunoglobulin for Chemotherapy-Induced Gastrointestinal Mucositis. Am J Hosp Palliat Care. 2018 May.35(5):814-817. Pubmedid: 29020798.
- Rashid S, Fields AR, Baumrucker SJ. Subcutaneous Botulinum Toxin Injection for Post-Thoracotomy Pain Syndrome in Palliative Care: A Case Report. Am J Hosp Palliat Care. 2018 Mar.35(3):511-513. Pubmedid: 28641445.
- Baumrucker SJ, York P, Stolick M, VandeKieft G, Hutchinson L, Adkins RW, Rashid S, Winiger D. Autonomy and Withdrawal of Treatment in a Patient With Depression. Am J Hosp Palliat Care. 2018 Jun.35(6):908-914. Pubmedid: 29034689.
- Rashid S, Trivedi DD, Al-Shathir M, Moulton M, Baumrucker SJ. Is There a Role for 5-HT Receptor Antagonists in the Treatment of Opioid-Induced Pruritus?. Am J Hosp Palliat Care. 2018 Apr.35(4):740-744. Pubmedid: 29020799.