Find a Doctor
Dr. Gerard Mosiello is a plastic surgeon in the Department of Cutaneous Oncology at Moffitt Cancer Center. His clinical interests include plastic surgery reconstruction following skin cancer and breast cancer, as well as a variety of cosmetic surgery procedures. Dr. Mosiello received his medical degree from Hahnemann University School of Medicine in Philadelphia, Penn., graduating with honors. He completed his residency training in general surgery at St. Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston, N.J., followed by a general practice residency at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, N.Y., and a residency in plastic surgery at the University of South Florida. After completing his post-graduate education, Dr. Mosiello joined the USF faculty, where he is currently a clinical assistant professor of surgery. He is in private practice at Tampa Palms Plastic Surgery and is an attending plastic surgeon at Moffitt Cancer Center. Dr. Mosiello is a member of several regional and national medical societies, including the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and the Tampa Bay Society of Plastic Surgeons. He is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS).
Education & Training
- Plastic Surgery
- Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center - General Practice Residency
- University of Medicine and Dentistry - Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- St. Barnabas Medical Center - General Surgery
- University of South Florida - Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Hahnemann University, School of Medicine - MD
- Ottenhof SR, Leone A, Djajadiningrat RS, Azizi M, Zargar K, Kidd LC, Diorio G, Mosiello G, Graafland NM, Spiess PE, Horenblas S. Surgical and Oncological Outcomes in Patients After Vascularised Flap Reconstruction for Locoregionally Advanced Penile Cancer. Eur Urol Focus. 2018 Feb;5(5):867-874. Pubmedid: 29433986.
- Shons A, Mosiello G. Postmastectomy breast reconstruction: current techniques. Cancer Control. 2001 Sep;8(5):419-426. Pubmedid: 11579338.
- Robson MC, Maggi SP, Smith PD, Wassermann RJ, Mosiello GC, Hill DP, Cooper DM. Original articles: ease of wound closure as an endpoint of treatment efficacy. Wound Repair Regen. 7(2):90-96. Pubmedid: 10231510.