Find a Doctor
Andrew T. Kuykendall, MD
Program: Malignant Hematology
Locations: Moffitt Cancer Center
Cancer Types Treated: Leukemia , Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS)
Dr. Kuykendall is an Assistant Member at Moffitt Cancer Center in the Department of Malignant Hematology. He earned his MD from the University of Florida College of Medicine and completed an Internal Medicine Residency at the University of South Florida. Dr. Kuykendall completed a Hematology and Medical Oncology Fellowship at Moffitt Cancer Center/University of South Florida, Morsani College of Medicine, where he also served as Chief Fellow. His primary clinical and research interests are within the field of myeloproliferative neoplasms, for which he will build upon the molecular understanding of these diseases to identify rational therapeutic targets and develop personalized clinical trials. Dr. Kuykendall will also play an active role in the clinical care of all patients with myeloid malignancies.
Education & Training
- Internal Medicine
- University of South Florida at Moffitt Cancer Center - Hematology and Medical Oncology
- University of South Florida - Internal Medicine
- University of Florida College of Medicine - M.D.
- Andrew K, Talati C, Padron E, Sweet K, Sallman D, List AF, Lancet JE, Komrokji RS. Genetically inspired prognostic scoring system (GIPSS) outperforms dynamic international prognostic scoring system (DIPSS) in myelofibrosis patients. Am J Hematol. 2018 Nov. Pubmedid: 30390311.
- Kuykendall A, Duployez N, Boissel N, Lancet JE, Welch JS. Acute Myeloid Leukemia: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. Am Soc Clin Oncol Educ Book. 2018 May;(38):555-573. Pubmedid: 30231330.
- Kuykendall AT, Shah S, Talati C, Al Ali N, Sweet K, Padron E, Sallman DA, Lancet JE, List AF, Zuckerman KS, Komrokji RS. Between a rux and a hard place: evaluating salvage treatment and outcomes in myelofibrosis after ruxolitinib discontinuation. Ann Hematol. 2018 Mar;97(3):435-441. Pubmedid: 29189896.
- Kuykendall AT, Talati C, Al Ali N, Sweet K, Padron E, Sallman DA, Lancet JE, List AF, Zuckerman KS, Komrokji RS. The Treatment Landscape of Myelofibrosis Before and After Ruxolitinib Approval. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2017 Dec;17(12):e45-e53. Pubmedid: 28869184.
- Talati C, Zhang L, Shaheen G, Kuykendall A, Ball M, Zhang Q, Lancet JE, Zuckerman KS, List AF, Komrokji R, Moscinski L, Padron E. Monocyte subset analysis accurately distinguishes CMML from MDS and is associated with a favorable MDS prognosis. Blood. 2017 03;129(13):1881-1883. Pubmedid: 28159734.
- Kuykendall A, Chiappori A. Advanced EGFR mutation-positive non-small-cell lung cancer: case report, literature review, and treatment recommendations. Cancer Control. 2014 Jan;21(1):67-73. Pubmedid: 24357744.