Diagnostic Imaging and Interventional Radiology
Brian Morse, MD
Dr. Morse is an Assistant Member in the Diagnostic Imaging section of Moffitt Cancer Center and holds a co-appointment as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Oncologic Sciences at the University of South Florida. He received a BA in Microbiology from the University of Texas at Austin and an M.D. from the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. He completed his radiology residency at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas where he served as radiology chief-resident during his final year. After residency, Dr. Morse completed fellowship training in cross-sectional imaging with an emphasis in body MRI at the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Arizona. Dr. Morse is a reviewer for several journals and has published multiple articles in peer-reviewed journals. His clinical expertise includes the use of computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), radiographs and fluoroscopy to diagnose cancer and assess treatment response, particularly of the gastrointestinal and genitourinary organs. His research interests focus on imaging of neuroendocrine tumors.
Education & TrainingBOARD CERTIFICATION:
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Mayo Clinic Arizona - Cross-Sectional Imaging
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center - Radiology
- University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio - MD
- Howe JR, Cardona K, Fraker DL, Kebebew E, Untch BR, Wang YZ, Law CH, Liu EH, Kim MK, Menda Y, Morse BG, Bergsland EK, Strosberg JR, Nakakura EK, Pommier RF. The Surgical Management of Small Bowel Neuroendocrine Tumors: Consensus Guidelines of the North American Neuroendocrine Tumor Society. Pancreas. 2017 Jul;46(6):715-731. Pubmedid: 28609357.
- Strosberg J, Cives M, Hwang J, Weber T, Nickerson M, Atreya C, Venook A, Kelley K, Valone T, Morse B, Coppola D, Bergsland E. A phase II study of axitinib in advanced neuroendocrine tumors. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2016 May;23(5):411-418. Pubmedid: 27080472. Pmcid: PMC4963225.
- Ahdallah R, Morse B, Hakam A, Shahzad MM. Pelvic squamous cell carcinoma of unknown primary: a case report and review of the literature. Eur J Gynaecol Oncol. 2016 Jun;37(3):430-433. Pubmedid: 27352581.
- Sewda K, Coppola D, Enkemann S, Yue B, Kim J, Lopez AS, Wojtkowiak JW, Stark VE, Morse B, Shibata D, Vignesh S, Morse DL. Cell-surface markers for colon adenoma and adenocarcinoma. Oncotarget. 2016 Apr;7(14):17773-17789. Pubmedid: 26894861. Pmcid: PMC4951249.
- Kim R, Prithviraj G, Kothari N, Springett G, Malafa M, Hodul P, Kim J, Yue B, Morse B, Mahipal A. PET/CT Fusion Scan Prevents Futile Laparotomy in Early Stage Pancreatic Cancer. Clin Nucl Med. 2015 Nov;40(11):e501-e505. Pubmedid: 26053713. Pmcid: PMC4813735.
- Morse B, Strosberg J. Congenital Anomaly Detected During Work-up of Cystic Pancreatic Lesion. Gastroenterology. 2015 Jul;149(1):33-34. Pubmedid: 26025308.
- Cives M, Kunz P, Morse B, Schell MJ, Campos T, Nguyen PT, Nandoskar P, Khandelwal V, Strosberg J. Phase II clinical trial of pasireotide long-acting repeatable in patients with metastatic neuroendocrine tumors. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2015 Feb;22(1):1-9. Pubmedid: 25376618. Pmcid: PMC4643672.
- Morse B, Centeno B, Vignesh S. Autoimmune pancreatitis: updated concepts of a challenging diagnosis. Am J Med. 2014 Oct;127(10):1010.e1-1010.e9. Pubmedid: 24835039.
- Saranga-Perry V, Morse B, Centeno B, Kvols L, Strosberg J. Treatment of metastatic neuroendocrine tumors of the thymus with capecitabine and temozolomide: a case series. Neuroendocrinology. 2014 Feb;97(4):318-321. Pubmedid: 23296364.
- Silva AC, Morse BG, Hara AK, Paden RG, Hongo N, Pavlicek W. Dual-Energy (Spectral) CT: Applications in Abdominal Imaging. Radiographics. 2011 Jul;31(4):1031-1046. Pubmedid: 21768237.
- Nuss GR, Morey AF, Jenkins AC, Pruitt JH, Dugi DD, Morse B, Shariat SF. Radiographic predictors of need for angiographic embolization after traumatic renal injury. J Trauma. 2009 Sep;67(3):578-582. Pubmedid: 19741403.
- Charton J, Witherspoon SR, Itani K, Jones FR, Marple B, Morse B. Natural killer/T-cell lymphoma masquerading as orbital cellulitis. Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg. 2008 Mar;24(2):143-145. Pubmedid: 18356722.
- Polan JL, Morse B, Wetherold S, Villanueva-Vedia RE, Phelix C, Barera-Roderiquiz E, Waggoner D, Goswami N, Munoz O, Agrawal CM, Bailey SR. VEGF analysis induced by endothelialized gas-plasma treated D,L-PLA scaffolds. Cardiovasc Radiat Med. 3(3-4):176-182. Pubmedid: 12974370.
- Bailey SR, Polan JL, Morse B, Wetherold S, Villanueva-Vedia RE, Waggoner D, Phelix C, Barera-Roderiquiz E, Goswami N, Munoz O, Agrawal CM. Angiogenic bFGF expression from gas-plasma treated scaffolds. Cardiovasc Radiat Med. 3(3-4):183-189. Pubmedid: 12974371.
CLINICAL TRIAL 18094
A Phase 2 Study of Transarterial Chemoperfusion Treatment with Cisplatin, Methotrexate and Gemcitabine in Patients with Unresectable Pleural Mesothelioma
Intervention: Gemzar (gemcitabine); cisplatin; gemcitabine; methotrexate
If you believe you are eligible for one of these trials or studies, please call