Find a Doctor
Jad Chahoud, MD, MPH
Locations: Moffitt Cancer Center
Cancer Focus: Kidney (Renal Cell) Cancer , Penile Cancer, Prostate Cancer , Testicular Cancer
Dr. Chahoud completed his Internal Medicine Residency at the University of Texas Health Science Center and completed his hematology and medical oncology fellowship at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston. Dr. Chahoud's clinical expertise includes advanced stage genitourinary malignancies, with a specific focus on advanced kidney and penile cancer. Dr. Chahoud's research aims to understand the role of viral infections and the immune microenvironment in genitourinary cancers. He received funding from the Conquer Cancer Foundation through the ASCO Young Investigator Award in 2018 to study viral and immune biomarkers for metastasis and poor survival in penile squamous cell carcinoma. His research interest is focused on providing precision care through biomarker research to determine the most effective treatment strategy, and the investigation of novel therapies for patients with advanced renal, prostate, testicular and penile cancer. He's fluent in English, Spanish, French and Arabic.
Education & Training
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology
- University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center -
- University of Texas Health Science Center -
- Lebanese University Faculty of Medical Sciences(MD, - MD)
Start Year: 2017 End Year: 2018 Conquer Cancer Foundation Merit Award, Sponsor: American Society of Oncology
Start Year: 2013 End Year: Best Abstract Award, Sponsor: International Congress of Chemotherapy and Infection
Start Year: 2018 End Year: 2019 Conquer Cancer Foundation Merit Award, Sponsor: The American Society of Oncology
Start Year: 2018 End Year: 2018 Society for Transnational Oncology, Sponsor: Rising Star in Oncology
Start Year: 2018 End Year: 2019 Conquer Cancer Foundation Young Investigator Award, Sponsor: American Society of Oncology
- Chahoud J, Msaouel P, Campbell MT, Bathala T, Xiao L, Gao J, Zurita AJ, Shah AY, Jonasch E, Sharma P, Tannir NM. Nivolumab for the Treatment of Patients with Metastatic Non-Clear Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma (nccRCC): A Single-Institutional Experience and Literature Meta-Analysis. Oncologist. 2020 Mar.25(3):252-258. Pubmedid: 32162795. Pmcid: PMC7066696.
- Azizi M, Aydin AM, Hajiran A, Lai A, Kumar A, Peyton CC, Minhas S, Sonpavde GP, Chahoud J, Pagliaro LC, Necchi A, Spiess PE. Reply by Authors. J Urol. 2020 Mar.203(6):1155. Pubmedid: 32176595.
- Azizi M, Aydin AM, Hajiran A, Lai A, Kumar A, Peyton CC, Minhas S, Sonpavde GP, Chahoud J, Pagliaro LC, Necchi A, Spiess PE. Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis-Is there a Benefit in Using Neoadjuvant Systemic Chemotherapy for Locally Advanced Penile Squamous Cell Carcinoma?. J Urol. 2020 Jan.203(6):1147-1155. Pubmedid: 31928407.
- Chahoud J, Msaouel P, Campbell MT, Bathala T, Xiao L, Gao J, Zurita AJ, Shah AY, Jonasch E, Sharma P, Tannir NM. Nivolumab for the Treatment of Patients with Metastatic Non-Clear Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma (nccRCC): A Single-Institutional Experience and Literature Meta-Analysis. Oncologist. 2019 Sep. Pubmedid: 31501271.
- Chahoud J, Pickering CR, Pettaway CA. Genetics and penile cancer: recent developments and implications. Curr Opin Urol. 2019 Jul.29(4):364-370. Pubmedid: 31045928.
- Terrisse S, Karamouza E, Parker CC, Sartor AO, James ND, Pirrie S, Collette L, Tombal BF, Chahoud J, Smeland S, Erikstein B, Pignon JP, Fizazi K, Le Teuff G. Overall Survival in Men With Bone Metastases From Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer Treated With Bone-Targeting Radioisotopes: A Meta-analysis of Individual Patient Data From Randomized Clinical Trials. JAMA Oncol. 2019 Dec. Pubmedid: 31830233. Pmcid: PMC6990736.
- Chahoud J, Zhang M, Pisters LL, Lin SC, Lin SH, Tu SM. Identification of Glypican-3 (GPC3) Expression in a Lethal Subgroup of Refractory Cisplatin-Resistant Testicular Germ-Cell Tumors. Clin Genitourin Cancer. 2018 Oct.16(5):325-327. Pubmedid: 29807831.
- Chahoud J, Zhang M, Shah A, Lin SH, Pisters LL, Tu SM. Managing seminomatous and nonseminomatous germ cell tumors. Curr Opin Oncol. 2018 May.30(3):181-188. Pubmedid: 29538040.
- Chahoud J, Sui D, Erwin WD, Gulbis AM, Korbling M, Zhang M, Ahmed S, Alatrash G, Anderlini P, Ciurea SO, Oran B, Fayad LE, Bassett RL, Jabbour EJ, Medeiros LJ, Macapinlac HA, Young KH, Khouri IF. Updated Results of Rituximab Pre- and Post-BEAM with or without Yttrium Ibritumomab Tiuxetan during Autologous Transplant for Diffuse Large B-cell Lymphoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2018 May.24(10):2304-2311. Pubmedid: 29476021. Pmcid: PMC5955837.
- Chahoud J, Rieber AG, Tyring SK. The β-HPV Subtypes-Cornerstone of the Next-Generation Vaccine. JAMA Oncol. 2017 May.3(5):594-595. Pubmedid: 27893031.
- Chahoud J, Sharif Yakan A, Saad H, Kanj SS. Right-Sided Infective Endocarditis and Pulmonary Infiltrates: An Update. Cardiol Rev. 2016 Sep.24(5):230-237. Pubmedid: 26501991.
- Chahoud J, Semaan A, Chen Y, Cao M, Rieber AG, Rady P, Tyring SK. Association Between β-Genus Human Papillomavirus and Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma in Immunocompetent Individuals-A Meta-analysis. JAMA Dermatol. 2016 Dec.152(12):1354-1364. Pubmedid: 26720285.
- Chahoud J, Semaan A, Rieber A. Wealth, Health Expenditure, and Cancer: A National Perspective. J Natl Compr Canc Ne. 2016 Aug.14(8):972-978. Pubmedid: 27496113.
- Chahoud J, Semaan A, Rieber A. Counterpoint: Wealth, Health Expenditure, and Cancer-Translating Research Into Efficient Policies. J Natl Compr Canc Ne. 2016 Aug.14(8):1043. Pubmedid: 27496120.
- Chahoud J, Semaan A, Almoosa KF. Ventilator-associated events prevention, learning lessons from the past: A systematic review. Heart Lung. 2015 May.44(3):251-259. Pubmedid: 25686517.
- Chahoud J, Mrad J, Semaan A, Asmar R. PREVALENCE OF DIABETES MELLITUS AMONG PATIENTS WITH ESSENTIAL ARTERIAL HYPERTENSION. J Med Liban. 2015 Apr.63(2):74-80. Pubmedid: 26164975.
- Chahoud J, Kanafani Z, Kanj SS. Surgical site infections following spine surgery: eliminating the controversies in the diagnosis. Front Med (Lausanne). 2014 Mar.1:7. Pubmedid: 25705620. Pmcid: PMC4335387.
- Chahoud J, Kanafani ZA, Kanj SS. Management of candidaemia and invasive candidiasis in critically ill patients. Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2013 Jun.42 Suppl:S29-S35. Pubmedid: 23664579.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.