Moffitt Notice of Blackbaud Data Incident. Learn More
Find a Doctor
Saeed Bajestani, MD
Locations: Moffitt Cancer Center
Cancer Focus: Breast Cancer
Dr. Bajestani earned his MD degree from Mashhad University of Medical Sciences in Mashhad, Iran. He completed an Anatomic and Clinical Pathology Residency at the University of Florida College of Medicine, Jacksonville, where he also served as Chief resident. He remained at the University of Florida and went on to complete a fellowship in Cytopathology and a fellowship in Breast Pathology. Dr. Bajestani also completed a fellowship in Renal Pathology at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. Dr. Bajestani joins us from Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, where he was an Associate Professor of Pathology, Director of Breast Pathology, and the Director of the University Medical Center Immunohistochemistry Laboratory. Dr. Bajestani’s clinical and research interests focus on the benign and malignant diseases of the breast, eye and orbital structures, and immunohistochemical diagnostic and prognostic markers.
Education & Training
- Yao K, Zhao W, Bajestani S, Gru A, Otterson G, Shilo K. Comprehensive Next-Generation Sequencing Analysis is Recommended for the Management of Patients With Melanoma. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2018 Feb.26(2):e24-e25. Pubmedid: 29176444. Pmcid: PMC7273895.
- Altara R, Zouein FA, Brandão RD, Bajestani SN, Cataliotti A, Booz GW. In Silico Analysis of Differential Gene Expression in Three Common Rat Models of Diastolic Dysfunction. Front Cardiovasc Med. 2018 Feb.5:11. Pubmedid: 29556499. Pmcid: PMC5850854.
- Altara R, Giordano M, Nordén ES, Cataliotti A, Kurdi M, Bajestani SN, Booz GW. Targeting Obesity and Diabetes to Treat Heart Failure with Preserved Ejection Fraction. Front Endocrinol (Lausanne). 2017 Jul.8:160. Pubmedid: 28769873. Pmcid: PMC5512012.
- Rosa M, Bajestani S, Davis C, Makary R, Villas B. Fine-needle aspiration biopsy diagnosis of costal juxtacortical chondrosarcoma presenting as an abdominal mass. Diagn Cytopathol. 2010 Nov.38(11):837-840. Pubmedid: 20187114.
- Khalbuss WE, Bajestani S, D'Agostino HJ. Cytomorphology of a solitary left chest wall mass: an unusual presentation from unknown primary hepatocellular carcinoma. Diagn Cytopathol. 2007 Sep.35(9):586-589. Pubmedid: 17703451.
- Ghavami S, Hashemi M, de Serres FJ, Bajestani SN, Mehrabifar H, Leonardi A. Trypsin inhibitory capacity in vernal keratoconjunctivitis. Invest Ophth Vis Sci. 2007 Jan.48(1):264-269. Pubmedid: 17197542.
- Ghavami S, Hashemi M, Shahriari HA, Bajestani SN, de Serres FJ, Moghaddam EM, Kazemi M, Alavian SM, Taheri M, Blanco I, Fernandez Bustillo E. Alpha-1-antitrypsin phenotypes and HLA-B27 typing in uveitis patients in southeast Iran. Clin Biochem. 2005 May.38(5):425-432. Pubmedid: 15820772.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.