Notice to Our Patients Regarding a Stolen Briefcase. Learn More
Find a Doctor
Rosemarie Garcia Getting, MD
Medical Director of Periopritive Services - McKinley Campus
Locations: Moffitt McKinley Outpatient Center
Dr. Rosemarie Garcia Getting is an Assistant Member in the Department of Anesthesiology at Moffitt Cancer Center. Dr. Garcia Getting received her MD from the Florida State University College of Medicine. She completed an Anesthesiology Residency at the University of Florida. Her clinical interest and expertise are ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia and transesophageal echocardiography.
Education & Training
- University of Florida - Anesthesiology
- Florida State University College of MedicineMD
- Robinson LA, Tanvetyanon T, Grubbs D, Robinson NA, Pierce CM, McCarthy K, Garcia-Getting R, Patel S. Preoperative nutrition-enhanced recovery after surgery protocol for thoracic neoplasms. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2020 Jun. Pubmedid: 32713631.
- Ackerman RS, Cohen JB, Getting REG, Patel SY. Are you seeing this: the impact of steep Trendelenburg position during robot-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy on intraocular pressure: a brief review of the literature. J Robot Surg. 2019 Feb.13(1):35-40. Pubmedid: 30047103.
- Patel SY, Garcia Getting RE, Alford B, Hussein K, Schaible BJ, Boulware D, Lee JK, Gilbert SM, Powsang JM, Sexton WJ, Spiess PE, Poch MA. Improved Outcomes of Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) Protocol for Radical Cystectomy with Addition of a Multidisciplinary Care Process in a US Comprehensive Cancer Care Center. World J Surg. 2018 Sep;42(9):2701-2707. Pubmedid: 29750321.
- Chipollini JJ, Tang DH, Patel SY, Garcia-Getting RE, Gilbert SM, Pow-Sang JM, Sexton WJ, Spiess PE, Poch MA. Perioperative Transfusion of Leukocyte-depleted Blood Products in Contemporary Radical Cystectomy Cohort Does Not Adversely Impact Short-term Survival. Urology. 2017 May.103:142-148. Pubmedid: 28011275.
- Groshev A, Padalia D, Patel S, Garcia-Getting R, Sahebjam S, Forsyth PA, Vrionis FD, Etame AB. Clinical outcomes from maximum-safe resection of primary and metastatic brain tumors using awake craniotomy. Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 2017 Jun;157:25-30. Pubmedid: 28384595.
- Chipollini J, Tang DH, Hussein K, Patel SY, Garcia-Getting RE, Pow-Sang JM, Gilbert SM, Sexton WJ, Spiess PE, Poch MA. Does Implementing an Enhanced Recovery After Surgery Protocol Increase Hospital Charges? Comparisons From a Radical Cystectomy Program at a Specialty Cancer Center. Urology. 2017 Jul;105:108-112. Pubmedid: 28342928.
- Garcia Getting RE, Harris CL. Sudden Increase in EtCO2 During Upper Endoscopy Under General Endotracheal Anesthesia Suggests the Presence of Tracheoesophageal Fistula: A Case Report. A A Case Rep. 2017 Aug;9(4):109-111. Pubmedid: 28691980.
- Patel SY, Evans RM, Garcia Getting RE, Suz P. Pectoral Nerve and Transverse Abdominis Plane Block in a Patient Undergoing Mastectomy With Transverse Rectus Abdominis Muscle Flap: A Case Report. A A Case Rep. 2017 Apr;8(8):210-212. Pubmedid: 28118214.
- Poch MA, Patel S, Garcia-Getting R. The present and future enhanced recovery after surgery for bladder cancer. Int Braz J Urol. 44(6):1266-1271. Pubmedid: 30044593. Pmcid: PMC6442167.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.