Moffitt Notice of Blackbaud Data Incident. Learn More
Find a Doctor
Richard Levine, MD, MS
Locations: Moffitt Cancer Center at International Plaza
Cancer Focus: Appendiceal (Appendix) Cancer, Bladder Cancer , Breast Cancer, Cervical Cancer, Cholangiocarcinoma (Bile Duct Cancer), Colon Cancer, Colorectal Cancer , Ductal Carcinoma In Situ , Endometrial (Uterine) Cancer , Esophageal Cancer , Gallbladder Cancer , Inflammatory Breast Cancer , Invasive Ductal Carcinoma , Kidney (Renal Cell) Cancer , Liver Cancer , Lung Cancer , Ovarian Cancer , Pancoast Tumor , Pancreatic Cancer , Penile Cancer, Prostate Cancer , Rectal Cancer , Small Intestine Cancer , Stomach (Gastric) Cancer , Testicular Cancer , Triple Negative Breast Cancer , Vaginal Cancer , Vulvar Cancer
Dr. Richard Levine is the Medical Director at Moffitt International Plaza (MIP). Dr. Levine received his MD and MS in Pharmacology from Indiana University. He completed an internal medicine residency at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center and a medical oncology fellowship at the National Cancer Institute, Medical Branch. He joins Moffitt from Space Coast Cancer Center, where he served as President and founder. Dr. Levine was the Chairman of the Cancer Committee and Tumor Board of Parrish Medical Center and Cape Canaveral Hospital for 25 years. Dr. Levine is a medical oncologist who has had the privilege of caring for patients for over thirty years, directing their care across a continuum of services from initial consult and evaluation through treatment and follow-up and continued surveillance. He is dedicated to helping patients become informed about clinical trial opportunities and assisting them in identifying appropriate trials for which they may be eligible.
Education & Training
- Medical Oncology
- Internal Medicine
- National Cancer Institute - Medical Oncology
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center - Internal Medicine
- Indiana University - MD
- Kubal T, Peabody JW, Friedman E, Levine R, Pursell S, Letson DG. Using Vignettes to Measure and Encourage Adherence to Clinical Pathways in a Quality-Based Oncology Network: An Early Report on the Moffitt Oncology Network Initiative. Manag Care. 2015 Oct.24(10):56-64. Pubmedid: 26665718.
- Jacobsen PB, Lee JH, Fulp W, Siegel EM, Shibata D, Laronga C, Gray J, Tanvetyanon T, Schreiber F, Brown R, Levine R, Cartwright T, Abesada-Terk G, Kim G, Alemany C, Faig D, Sharp P, Markham MJ, Malafa M. Florida Initiative for Quality Cancer Care: Changes in Psychosocial Quality of Care Indicators Over a 3-Year Interval. J Oncol Pract. 2015 Jun.11(1):e103-e109. Pubmedid: 25352389. Pmcid: PMC4582141.
- Tanvetyanon T, Lee JH, Fulp WJ, Schreiber F, Brown RH, Levine RM, Cartwright TH, Abesada-Terk G, Kim GP, Alemany C, Faig D, Sharp PV, Markham MJ, Malafa M, Jacobsen PB. Use of Adjuvant Cisplatin-Based Versus Carboplatin-Based Chemotherapy in Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer: Findings From the Florida Initiative for Quality Cancer Care. J Oncol Pract. 2015 Jul.11(4):332-337. Pubmedid: 25991639.
- Laronga C, Gray JE, Siegel EM, Lee JH, Fulp WJ, Fletcher M, Schreiber F, Brown R, Levine R, Cartwright T, Abesada-Terk G, Kim G, Alemany C, Faig D, Sharp P, Markham MJ, Shibata D, Malafa M, Jacobsen PB. Florida Initiative for Quality Cancer Care: improvements in breast cancer quality indicators during a 3-year interval. J Am Coll Surg. 2014 Oct.219(4):638-45.e1. Pubmedid: 25086813. Pmcid: PMC4505727.
- Tanvetyanon T, Lee JH, Fulp WJ, Schreiber F, Brown RH, Levine RM, Cartwright TH, Abesada-Terk G, Kim GP, Alemany C, Faig D, Sharp PV, Markham MJ, Malafa M, Jacobsen PB. Changes in the care of non-small-cell lung cancer after audit and feedback: the Florida initiative for quality cancer care. J Oncol Pract. 2014 Jul.10(4):e247-e254. Pubmedid: 24737876.
- Jacobsen PB, Wells KJ, Meade CD, Quinn GP, Lee JH, Fulp WJ, Gray JE, Baz RC, Springett GM, Levine RM, Markham MJ, Schreiber FJ, Cartwright TH, Burke JM, Siegel RD, Malafa MP, Sullivan D. Effects of a brief multimedia psychoeducational intervention on the attitudes and interest of patients with cancer regarding clinical trial participation: a multicenter randomized controlled trial. J Clin Oncol. 2012 Jul.30(20):2516-2521. Pubmedid: 22614993. Pmcid: PMC4577714.
- Tanvetyanon T, Corman M, Lee JH, Fulp WJ, Schreiber F, Brown RH, Levine RM, Cartwright TH, Abesada-Terk G, Kim GP, Alemany C, Faig D, Sharp PV, Markham MJ, Bepler G, Siegel E, Shibata D, Malafa M, Jacobsen PB. Quality of care in non-small-cell lung cancer: findings from 11 oncology practices in Florida. J Oncol Pract. 2011 Nov.7(6):e25-e31. Pubmedid: 22379428. Pmcid: PMC3219472.
- Gray JE, Laronga C, Siegel EM, Lee JH, Fulp WJ, Fletcher M, Schreiber F, Brown R, Levine R, Cartwright T, Abesada-Terk G, Kim G, Alemany C, Faig D, Sharp P, Markham MJ, Shibata D, Malafa M, Jacobsen PB. Degree of variability in performance on breast cancer quality indicators: findings from the Florida initiative for quality cancer care. J Oncol Pract. 2011 Jul.7(4):247-251. Pubmedid: 22043190. Pmcid: PMC3140448.
- Jacobsen PB, Shibata D, Siegel EM, Lee JH, Alemany CA, Brown R, Cartwright TH, Levine RM, Smith JC, Abesada-Terk G, Malafa MP. Initial evaluation of quality indicators for psychosocial care of adults with cancer. Cancer Control. 2009 Oct.16(4):328-334. Pubmedid: 19910919.
- Jacobsen PB, Shibata D, Siegel EM, Druta M, Lee JH, Marshburn J, Davenport L, Cruse H, Levine R, Gondi A, Brown R, Malafa M. Measuring quality of care in the treatment of colorectal cancer: the moffitt quality practice initiative. J Oncol Pract. 2007 Mar.3(2):60-65. Pubmedid: 20859375. Pmcid: PMC2793747.
- Kandt RS, Levine RM. Headache and acute illness in children. J Child Neurol. 1987 Jan.2(1):22-27. Pubmedid: 3624825.
- Levine RM, Rubalcaba E, Lippman ME, Cowan KH. Effects of estrogen and tamoxifen on the regulation of dihydrofolate reductase gene expression in a human breast cancer cell line. Cancer Res. 1985 Apr.45(4):1644-1650. Pubmedid: 3978632.
- Bracey AW, McGinniss MH, Levine RM, Whang-Peng J. Rh mosaicism and aberrant MNSs antigen expression in a patient with chronic myelogenous leukemia. Am J Clin Pathol. 1983 Mar.79(3):397-401. Pubmedid: 6402921.
- Zabik JE, Levine RM, Maickel RP. Drug interactions with brain biogenic amines and the effects of amphetamine isomers on locomotor activity. Pharmacol Biochem Be. 1978 Apr.8(4):429-435. Pubmedid: 149988.
- Zabik JE, Levine RM, Spaulding JH, Maickel RP. Interactions of tricyclic antidepressant drugs with deprivation-induced fluid consumption by rats. Neuropharmacology. 1977 Apr.16(4):267-271. Pubmedid: 140330.
- Quirce CM, Levine RM, Maickel RP. Drug interactions on body temperature maintenance in the mouse. Res Commun Chem Pathol Pharmacol. 1977 Apr.16(4):621-628. Pubmedid: 860084.
- Maickel RP, Levine RM, Quirce CM. Differential effects of d- and 1-amphetamine on spontaneous motor activity in mice. Res Commun Chem Pathol Pharmacol. 1974 Aug.8(4):711-714. Pubmedid: 4420179.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.