Notice to Our Patients Regarding a Stolen Briefcase. Learn More
Find a Doctor
Daniel Jeong, MD, MS
Program: Diagnostic Imaging and Interventional Radiology
Locations: Moffitt Cancer Center
Dr. Jeong obtained his MD degree from the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine. He completed a Diagnostic Radiology residency at Rush University Medical Center, where he also served as Chief Resident. Dr. Jeong also received his Master of Science in Clinical Research at Rush University Graduate College during residency. He completed an MRI Fellowship at University of Wisconsin. He joined Moffitt following fellowship in 2014. Dr. Jeong's clinical focus includes using CT, MRI, and Ultrasound to effectively diagnose cancers and guide treatments. His particular interests include lung cancer, prostate MRI, and imaging of hepatobiliary cancers and other gastrointestinal and genitourinary malignancies. In addition, Dr. Jeong has a special interest in cardiovascular imaging and has advanced certification from the Society Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance in cardiac MRI.
Education & Training
- Diagnostic Radiology
- University of Wisconsin - MRI
- Rush University Medical Center - Diagnostic Radiology
- University of Iowa Carver College of MedicineMD
- Parsee AA, Thomas KL, Ghayouri M, Mehta R, Latifi K, Sweeney J, Jeong D, Ahmed A. Rare Abdominal Wall Metastasis following Curative Resection of Gastric Cancer: What Can Be Learned from the Use of Percutaneous Catheters?. Case Rep Oncol Med. 2020 May.2020:3738798. Pubmedid: 32509367. Pmcid: PMC7244962.
- Polk SL, Choi JW, McGettigan MJ, Rose T, Ahmed A, Kim J, Jiang K, Balagurunathan Y, Qi J, Farah PT, Rathi A, Permuth JB, Jeong D. Multiphase computed tomography radiomics of pancreatic intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms to predict malignancy. World J Gastroenterol. 2020 Jun.26(24):3458-3471. Pubmedid: 32655269. Pmcid: PMC7327792.
- Thomas KL, Jeong D, Montilla-Soler J, Feuerlein S. The role of diagnostic imaging in the primary testicular cancer: initial staging, response assessment and surveillance. Transl Androl Urol. 2020 Jan.9(Suppl 1):S3-S13. Pubmedid: 32055480. Pmcid: PMC6995841.
- Polk SL, Montilla-Soler J, Gage KL, Parsee A, Jeong D. Cardiac Metastases in Neuroendocrine Tumors: 68Ga-DOTATATE PET/CT With Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Correlation. Clin Nucl Med. 2020 Feb.45(4):e201-e205. Pubmedid: 32049725.
- Lee DH, Armanious M, Huang J, Jeong D, Druta M, Fradley MG. Case of pembrolizumab-induced myocarditis presenting as torsades de pointes with safe re-challenge. J Oncol Pharm Pract. 2020 Feb.26(6):1544-1548. Pubmedid: 32089073.
- Huynh T, Ali K, Vyas S, Dezsi K, Strickland D, Basinski T, Chen DT, Jiang K, Centeno B, Malafa M, Klapman JB, Hodul PJ, Jeong D, Permuth JB. Comparison of imaging modalities for measuring the diameter of intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms of the pancreas. Pancreatology. 2020 Feb.20(3):448-453. Pubmedid: 32113936. Pmcid: PMC7346718.
- Jeong D, Gladish G, Chitiboi T, Fradley MG, Gage KL, Schiebler ML. MRI in cardio-oncology: A review of cardiac complications in oncologic care. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2019 Nov.50(5):1349-1366. Pubmedid: 31448472.
- Pejic M, Shifman M, Rose T, Jeong D. Chronic Anthracycline-related Myocarditis Presenting as Diffuse Myocardial Calcification. J Clin Imaging Sci. 2019 Nov.9:47. Pubmedid: 31819824. Pmcid: PMC6884985.
- Tunali I, Gray JE, Qi J, Abdalah M, Jeong DK, Guvenis A, Gillies RJ, Schabath MB. Novel clinical and radiomic predictors of rapid disease progression phenotypes among lung cancer patients treated with immunotherapy: An early report. Lung Cancer. 2019 Mar.129:75-79. Pubmedid: 30797495. Pmcid: PMC6450086.
- Permuth JB, Clark Daly A, Jeong D, Choi JW, Cameron ME, Chen DT, Teer JK, Barnett TE, Li J, Powers BD, Kumar NB, George TJ, Ali KN, Huynh T, Vyas S, Gwede CK, Simmons VN, Hodul PJ, Carballido EM, Judge AR, Fleming JB, Merchant N, Trevino JG. Racial and ethnic disparities in a state-wide registry of patients with pancreatic cancer and an exploratory investigation of cancer cachexia as a contributor to observed inequities. Cancer Med. 2019 Jun.8(6):3314-3324. Pubmedid: 31074202. Pmcid: PMC6558500.
- Johnson EM, Gage KL, Feuerlein S, Jeong D. Cardiac Magnetic Resonance for the Evaluation of Suspected Cardiac Thrombus: Conventional and Emerging Techniques. J Vis Exp. 2019 Jun.(148). Pubmedid: 31259905.
- Evens A, Cyriac G, Jeong D, Araujo C, Gage K, Rose T. A Pictorial Essay of Immunotherapy: Complications that Internists Will See, Whether They Like it or Not. Am J Med. 2019 Jul.132(7):808-815. Pubmedid: 30849381.
- Morse B, Jeong D, Ihnat G, Silva AC. Pearls and pitfalls of response evaluation criteria in solid tumors (RECIST) v1.1 non-target lesion assessment. Abdom Radiol (NY). 2019 Feb.44(2):766-774. Pubmedid: 30196362.
- Barnebee D, Morse B, Strosberg JR, Pejic M, Jeong D. Cardiac Magnetic Resonance for Diagnosis of Neuroendocrine Tumor Metastases to the Right and Left Ventricles with Carcinoid Heart Disease. Case Rep Cardiol. 2019 Dec.2019:8746413. Pubmedid: 31885933. Pmcid: PMC6915124.
- Luu C, Thapa R, Rose T, Woo K, Jeong D, Thomas K, Chen DT, Friedman M, Malafa MP, Hodul PJ. Identification of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease following pancreatectomy for noninvasive intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm. Int J Surg. 2018 Oct;58:46-49. Pubmedid: 30218781.
- Jeong D, Raghunand N, Hernando D, Poch M, Jeong K, Eck B, Dhillon J. Quantification of sarcomatoid differentiation in renal cell carcinoma on magnetic resonance imaging. Quant Imaging Med Surg. 2018 May.8(4):373-382. Pubmedid: 29928602. Pmcid: PMC5989092.
- Jeong D, Hakam A, Abuel-Haija M, Chon HS. Ovarian microcystic stromal tumor: Radiologic-pathologic correlation. Gynecol Oncol Rep. 2018 Aug.25:11-14. Pubmedid: 30014019. Pmcid: PMC6019857.
- Morse B, Jeong D, Thomas K, Diallo D, Strosberg JR. Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Neuroendocrine Tumor Hepatic Metastases: Does Hepatobiliary Phase Imaging Improve Lesion Conspicuity and Interobserver Agreement of Lesion Measurements?. Pancreas. 2017 Oct;46(9):1219-1224. Pubmedid: 28902795.
- Jeong D, Bui M, Peterson D, Montilla-Soler J, Gage KL. FDG avid breast cancer bone metastases silent on CT and scintigraphy: a case report with radiologic-pathologic correlation. Acta Radiol Open. 2017 Oct.6(10):2058460117734243. Pubmedid: 29051834. Pmcid: PMC5638166.
- Mirkin KA, Luke FE, Gangi A, Pimiento JM, Jeong D, Hollenbeak CS, Wong J. Sarcopenia related to neoadjuvant chemotherapy and perioperative outcomes in resected gastric cancer: a multi-institutional analysis. J Gastrointest Oncol. 2017 Jun.8(3):589-595. Pubmedid: 28736646. Pmcid: PMC5506267.
- Permuth JB, Choi JW, Chen DT, Jiang K, DeNicola G, Li JN, Coppola D, Centeno BA, Magliocco A, Balagurunathan Y, Merchant N, Trevino JG, Jeong D. A pilot study of radiologic measures of abdominal adiposity: weighty contributors to early pancreatic carcinogenesis worth evaluating?. Cancer Biol Med. 2017 Feb.14(1):66-73. Pubmedid: 28443205. Pmcid: PMC5365183.
- Gage KL, Thomas K, Jeong D, Stallworth DG, Arrington JA. Multimodal Imaging of Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Cancer Control. 2017 Apr;24(2):172-179. Pubmedid: 28441371.
- Jeong D, Patel A, Francois CJ, Gage KL, Fradley MG. Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Oncology. Cancer Control. 2017 Apr;24(2):147-160. Pubmedid: 28441369.
- Jeong D, Gage KL, Berman CG, Montilla-Soler JL. Cardiac Magnetic Resonance for Evaluating Catheter Related FDG Avidity. Case Rep Radiol. 2016 Nov.2016:5460727. Pubmedid: 27867676. Pmcid: PMC5102723.
- Jeong D, Jiang K, Anaya DA. Mucinous Cystic Neoplasm of the Liver Masquerading as an Echinococcal Cyst: Radiologic-pathologic Differential of Complex Cystic Liver Lesions. J Clin Imaging Sci. 2016 Mar;6:12. Pubmedid: 27195178. Pmcid: PMC4860451.
- Jeong D, Choi JW, Jeong K, Sokol L. CT findings associated with blastic plasmacytoid dendritic cell neoplasm: a case report. Acta Radiol Open. 2016 Jul;5(7):2058460116657688. Pubmedid: 27504192. Pmcid: PMC4963986.
- Nanjappa S, Jeong DK, Muddaraju M, Jeong K, Hill ED, Greene JN. Diffuse Alveolar Hemorrhage in Acute Myeloid Leukemia. Cancer Control. 2016 Jul;23(3):272-277. Pubmedid: 27556667.
- Khimani F, Jeong DK, Miladinovic B, Nishihori T, Ayala E, Locke F, Mishra A, Chavez J, Shah B, Gage K, Kharfan-Dabaja MA. Nonfluorodeoxyglucose-Avid Persistent Splenomegaly at Time of Transplantation Delays Neutrophil and Platelets Engraftment without Affecting Survival in Patients with Lymphomas Undergoing Allogeneic Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation. Biol Blood Marrow Tr. 2016 Dec;22(12):2201-2207. Pubmedid: 27660169.
- Kuppler K, Jeong D, Choi JW. Non-infectious cholecystopathy secondary to high-dose IL-2 cancer immunotherapy. Acta Radiol Open. 2015 Oct;4(10):2058460115579458. Pubmedid: 26576289. Pmcid: PMC4641551.
- Jeong D, Anagnostopoulos PV, Roldan-Alzate A, Srinivasan S, Schiebler ML, Wieben O, François CJ. Ventricular kinetic energy may provide a novel noninvasive way to assess ventricular performance in patients with repaired tetralogy of Fallot. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2015 May;149(5):1339-1347. Pubmedid: 25623907. Pmcid: PMC4437857.
- Jeong D, Malalis C, Arrington JA, Field AS, Choi JW, Kocak M. Mean apparent diffusion coefficient values in defining radiotherapy planning target volumes in glioblastoma. Quant Imaging Med Surg. 2015 Dec;5(6):835-845. Pubmedid: 26807366. Pmcid: PMC4700247.
- Jeong D, Schiebler ML, Lai P, Wang K, Vigen KK, François CJ. Single breath hold 3D cardiac cine MRI using kat-ARC: preliminary results at 1.5T. Int J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2015 Apr.31(4):851-857. Pubmedid: 25680356.
- Jeong D, Jhaveri MD, Prabhakaran S. Magnetic resonance imaging characteristics at onset of spontaneous intracerebral hemorrhage. Arch Neurol. 2011 Jun;68(6):826-827. Pubmedid: 21670410.
- Jiang K, Stephen FO, Jeong D, Pimiento JM. Pancreatic and Gastric Heterotopia with Associated Submucosal Lipoma Presenting as a 7-cm Obstructive Tumor of the Ileum: Resection with Double Balloon Enteroscopy. Case Rep Gastroenterol. 9(2):233-240. Pubmedid: 26269700. Pmcid: PMC4520188.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.