Find a Doctor
Cancer Focus: Bladder Cancer , Kidney (Renal Cell) Cancer , Prostate Cancer , Testicular Cancer
Dr. Chatwal earned her MD at Florida State University School of Medicine. She completed her Internal Medicine Residency at Emory University School of Medicine, followed by a Hematology Oncology Fellowship at Moffitt Cancer Center and the University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine. Dr. Chatwal’s clinical focus is the medical oncology management of patients with genitourinary malignancies, though she also brings to the practice her experience and interest in other solid malignancies. Her research focus will include clinical trials and outcomes in genitourinary malignancies. Dr. Chatwal also has a practical and research interest in the important issue of provider burnout. She has published data on approaches to improve individual resiliency, and will explore both individual and system-dependent approaches to help combat and alleviate this ongoing issue.
Education & Training
- Hlubocky FJ, Taylor LP, Marron JM, Spence RA, McGinnis MM, Brown RF, McFarland DC, Tetzlaff ED, Gallagher CM, Rosenberg AR, Popp B, Dragnev K, Bosserman LD, Dudzinski DM, Smith S, Chatwal M, Patel MI, Markham MJ, Levit K, Bruera E, Epstein RM, Brown M, Back AL, Shanafelt TD, Kamal AH. A Call to Action: Ethics Committee Roundtable Recommendations for Addressing Burnout and Moral Distress in Oncology. JCO Oncol Pract. 2020 Apr.16(4):191-199. Pubmedid: 32223701. Pmcid: PMC7351333.
- Chatwal MS, Tanvetyanon T. Combination chemotherapy and immunotherapy in metastatic non-small cell lung cancer: a setback for personalized medicine?. Transl Lung Cancer Res. 2018 Sep.7(Suppl 3):S208-S210. Pubmedid: 30393603. Pmcid: PMC6193911.
- Chatwal MS, Tanvetyanon T. Malignant mesothelioma clinical trial combines immunotherapy drugs. Immunotherapy. 2018 Apr.10(5):341-344. Pubmedid: 29473471.
- Puri S, Chatwal M, Gray JE. Anti PD-L1 combined with other agents in non-small cell lung cancer: combinations with non-immuno-oncology agents. Expert Rev Respir Med. 2017 Oct.11(10):791-805. Pubmedid: 28786318.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.