Find a Doctor Search
Dr. Dam received his MD degree from Boston University School of Medicine and completed an Internal Medicine Residency at Boston University Medical Center. Following his residency he completed a Gastroenterology Fellowship at Albany Medical Center, New York, and an Advanced Endoscopy Fellowship at Carolinas Medical Center, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Charlotte, North Carolina. Dr. Dam’s clinical interests include endoscopic therapy for Barrett’s esophagus, endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR), luminal stenting, management of pancreatic-biliary disorders and screening for colorectal cancer. His clinical focus involves the use of advanced endoscopic techniques including endoscopic ultrasound and endoscopic retrograde cholangio-pancreatography (ERCP) for the diagnosis and treatment of gastrointestinal malignancies.
Education & Training
- Albany Medical Center - Gastroenterology
- Carolinas Medical Center - Advanced Endoscopy
- Boston University School of Medicine - Internal Medicine
- Boston University School of Medicine - MD
If you believe you are eligible for one of these trials or studies, please call
- Kim M, Dam A, Green J. Common GI Drug Interactions in the Elderly. Curr Treat Options Gastroenterol. 2014 Sep;12(3):292-309. Pubmedid: 25031070.
- Dam AN, Berg AM, Farraye FA. Environmental influences on the onset and clinical course of Crohn's disease-part 1: an overview of external risk factors. Gastroenterol Hepatol (N Y). 2013 Nov;9(11):711-717. Pubmedid: 24764788. Pmcid: PMC3995193.
- Berg AM, Dam AN, Farraye FA. Environmental influences on the onset and clinical course of Crohn's disease-part 2: infections and medication use. Gastroenterol Hepatol (N Y). 2013 Dec;9(12):803-810. Pubmedid: 24772046. Pmcid: PMC3999994.
- Leopold JA, Dam A, Maron BA, Scribner AW, Liao R, Handy DE, Stanton RC, Pitt B, Loscalzo J. Aldosterone impairs vascular reactivity by decreasing glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase activity. Nat Med. 2007 Feb;13(2):189-197. Pubmedid: 17273168. Pmcid: PMC3648863.