Find a Doctor
Kedar Kirtane, MD
Specialty: Medical Oncology
Program: Head and Neck Oncology
Locations: Moffitt Cancer Center
Cancer Focus: Head and Neck Cancer , Thyroid Cancer
Dr. Kirtane is an Assistant Member at Moffitt Cancer Center in the Department of Head and Neck-Endocrine Oncology. Dr. Kirtane received his MD degree from The University of Florida College of Medicine. He completed an Internal Medicine Residency at Duke University Medical Center. Dr. Kirtane completed a Hematology/Oncology Fellowship at the University of Washington and a Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Oncology at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center. His clinical focus is patients with head and neck-endocrine cancers. He is interested in working with the Department of Health Outcomes and Behavior and the Department of Cancer Epidemiology to help increase access to cancer care for racial/ethnic minorities with cancer. Dr. Kirtane's research interests include the development of innovative cellular therapies for HPV-related malignancies.
Education & Training
- Internal Medicine
- University of Washington - Hematology/Oncology
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center - Oncology
- Duke University - Internal Medicine
- University of Florida(MD, - MD)
CLINICAL TRIAL 19962
A Phase 1 Study Evaluating the Safety and Efficacy of HPV16 E7 T Cell Receptor Engineered T Cells (KITE-439) in HLA-A*02:01+Subjects with Relapsed/Refractory HPV16+ Cancers
Condition: Head & Neck
Intervention: KITE-439 (); cyclophosphamide (); cytoxan (cyclophosphamide); fludarabine (Fludarabine phosphate)
- Kirtane K, Roth MY. Emerging Therapies for Radioactive Iodine Refractory Thyroid Cancer. CURR TREAT OPTION ON. 2020 Feb.21(3):18. Pubmedid: 32048061.
- Loggers ET, Kirtane K, Palacios R, Lewis F. Leaving footprints, not scars: a qualitative pilot study of Hispanic mothers' willingness to communicate with dependent children about an advanced cancer diagnosis. Support Care Cancer. 2019 Apr.27(4):1573-1578. Pubmedid: 30719659.
- Kirtane K, Downey L, Lee SJ, Curtis JR, Engelberg RA. Intensity of End-of-Life Care for Patients with Hematologic Malignancies and the Role of Race/Ethnicity. J Palliat Med. 2018 Oct.21(10):1466-1471. Pubmedid: 29975599. Pmcid: PMC6201780.
- Buckley SA, Kirtane K, Walter RB, Lee SJ, Lyman GH. Patient-reported outcomes in acute myeloid leukemia: Where are we now?. Blood Rev. 2018 Jan.32(1):81-87. Pubmedid: 28888621.
- Kirtane K, Rodriguez CP. Postoperative Combined Modality Treatment in High Risk Resected Locally Advanced Squamous Cell Carcinomas of the Head and Neck (HNSCC). Front Oncol. 2018 Dec.8:588. Pubmedid: 30564559. Pmcid: PMC6288294.
- Kirtane K, Lee SJ. Racial and ethnic disparities in hematologic malignancies. Blood. 2017 Oct;130(15):1699-1705. Pubmedid: 28724539. Pmcid: PMC5639484.