Find a Doctor
Aixa Soyano Muller, MD
Cancer Focus: Breast Cancer
Dr. Aixa Soyano is an Assistant Member in the Department of Breast Oncology. Dr. Soyano received her MD degree from Universidad Central de Venezuela/Escuela de Medicina in Venezuela. She completed an Internal Medicine Residency at Steward Saint Elizabeth’s Medical Center in Boston, Massachusetts. Dr. Soyano recently completed a Hematology Oncology Fellowship at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida. Dr. Soyano is interested in the multidisciplinary care of patients of any age and race with breast cancer of any stage and subtype. Her research interest is in the future of oncology related to personalized medicine.
Education & Training
- Mayo Clinic - Hematology Oncology
- Steward Saint Elizabeth’s Medical Center - Internal Medicine
- Universidad Central de Venezuela - MD
CLINICAL TRIAL 20152
A Phase III Double-blind Randomised Study Assessing the Efficacy and Safety of Capivasertib + Paclitaxel Versus Placebo + Paclitaxel as First-line Treatment for Patients with Histologically Confirmed, Locally Advanced Inoperable) or Metastatic Triple-Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC)
Intervention: Capivasertib (); Placebo (); Taxol (paclitaxel); paclitaxel ()
CLINICAL TRIAL 20349
A Phase 2 Study of TAS-120 in Metastatic Breast Cancers Harboring Fibroblast Growth Factor Receptor (FGFR) Amplifications
Intervention: Faslodex (fulvestrant); TAS-120 (); fulvestrant ()
- Lou Y, Marin-Acevedo JA, Vishnu P, Manochakian R, Dholaria B, Soyano A, Luo Y, Zhang Y, Knutson KL. Hypereosinophilia in a patient with metastatic non-small-cell lung cancer treated with antiprogrammed cell death 1 (anti-PD-1) therapy. Immunotherapy. 2019 May.11(7):577-584. Pubmedid: 30943864.
- Chumsri S, Serie DJ, Li Z, Pogue-Geile KL, Soyano A, Mashadi-Hossein A, Warren SE, Lou Y, Colon-Otero G, Knutson KL, Perez EA, Moreno-Aspitia A, Thompson EA. Effects of Age and Immune Landscape on Outcome in HER2-Positive Breast Cancer in the NCCTG N9831 (Alliance) and NSABP B-31 (NRG) Trials. Clin Cancer Res. 2019 Jul.25(14):4422-4430. Pubmedid: 30808774. Pmcid: PMC6634998.
- Soyano AE, Baldeo C, Kasi PM. Adjunctive Use of Circulating Tumor DNA Testing in Detecting Pancreas Cancer Recurrence. Front Oncol. 2019 Feb.9:46. Pubmedid: 30788289. Pmcid: PMC6372543.
- Lou Y, Dholaria B, Soyano A, Hodge D, Cochuyt J, Manochakian R, Ko SJ, Thomas M, Johnson MM, Patel NM, Miller RC, Adjei AA, Ailawadhi S. Survival trends among non-small-cell lung cancer patients over a decade: impact of initial therapy at academic centers. Cancer Med. 2018 Oct.7(10):4932-4942. Pubmedid: 30175515. Pmcid: PMC6198232.
- Dholaria BR, Hammond WA, Roy V, Sher T, Vishnu P, Soyano A, Finn LE, Tun H. Allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplant for relapsed-refractory, marginal zone lymphoma: a single-center experience. Leuk Lymphoma. 2018 Nov.59(11):2727-2730. Pubmedid: 29566563.
- Soyano AE, Dholaria B, Marin-Acevedo JA, Diehl N, Hodge D, Luo Y, Manochakian R, Chumsri S, Adjei A, Knutson KL, Lou Y. Peripheral blood biomarkers correlate with outcomes in advanced non-small cell lung Cancer patients treated with anti-PD-1 antibodies. J Immunother Cancer. 2018 Nov.6(1):129. Pubmedid: 30470260. Pmcid: PMC6251165.
- Marin-Acevedo JA, Dholaria B, Soyano AE, Knutson KL, Chumsri S, Lou Y. Next generation of immune checkpoint therapy in cancer: new developments and challenges. J Hematol Oncol. 2018 Mar.11(1):39. Pubmedid: 29544515. Pmcid: PMC5856308.
- Marin-Acevedo JA, Soyano AE, Dholaria B, Knutson KL, Lou Y. Cancer immunotherapy beyond immune checkpoint inhibitors. J Hematol Oncol. 2018 Jan.11(1):8. Pubmedid: 29329556. Pmcid: PMC5767051.
- Soyano AE, Baldeo C, Kasi PM. BRCA Mutation and Its Association With Colorectal Cancer. Clin Colorectal Cancer. 2018 Dec.17(4):e647-e650. Pubmedid: 30033118.
- Soyano AE, Reynolds G, Moreno-Aspitia A, Chumsri S. Rifaximin for Pertuzumab-Related GI Toxicities. Front Oncol. 2017 Aug.7:168. Pubmedid: 28848707. Pmcid: PMC5550690.
- Soyano AE, Kassi M, Kasi PM. Neuroendocrine Tumor Involving the Epicardium. Case Rep Oncol. 10(3):1144-1149. Pubmedid: 29430241. Pmcid: PMC5803682.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.