Find a Doctor
Michael Jain, MD, PhD
Specialty: Blood and Marrow Transplant and Cellular Immunotherapy
Program: Blood and Marrow Transplant and Cellular Immunotherapy
Locations: Moffitt Cancer Center
Dr. Michael Jain is an Assistant Member in the Moffitt Cancer Center Department of Blood and Marrow Transplant and Cellular Immunotherapy. Dr. Jain earned his MD and PhD at McGill University in Montréal, in the province of Québec, Canada. His PhD in Cell Biology was completed under the supervision of Dr. John Bergeron. Dr Jain completed an Internal Medicine Residency and a Hematology Residency at the University of Toronto. He completed a Clinician Scientist Training Program and Clinical Fellowship in Lymphoma and Autologous Stem Cell Transplantation at Princess Margaret Cancer Center, University of Toronto. Dr. Jain’s clinical interests focus on treatment modalities for relapsed lymphoma, particularly stem cell transplantation and cellular and immunotherapies. His research interests include translational research in lymphoma and early-phase clinical trials.
Education & Training
- Internal Medicine
- Princess Margaret Cancer Center - Lymphoma and Autologous Stem Cell Transplantation
- University of Toronto - Internal Medicine
- University of Toronto - Hematology
- McGill University(MD/PhD, - MD/PhD)
CLINICAL TRIAL 19725
A Phase 1/2 Multicenter Study Evaluating the Safety And Efficacy Of Axicabtagene Ciloleucel in Combination with Utomilumab in Subjects with Refractory Large B-Cell Lymphoma (Zuma-11)
Condition: Malignant Hematology
Intervention: Axicabtagene Ciloleucel (KTE-C19); PF-05082566 (utomilumab); utomilumab ()
- Jain MD, Lam R, Liu Z, Stubbins RJ, Kahlon A, Kansara R, Goswami R, Humar A, Prica A, Sehn LH, Slack GW, Crump M, Savage KJ, Peters AC, Kuruvilla J. Failure of rituximab is associated with a poor outcome in diffuse large B cell lymphoma-type post-transplant lymphoproliferative disorder. Brit J Haematol. 2020 Feb.189(1):97-105. Pubmedid: 32068243.
- Kharfan-Dabaja MA, Jain MD, Aulakh S, Ayala E, Zubair AC, Tun HW, Liu HD, Locke FL, Chavez JC. Obinutuzumab as bridging therapy for successful manufacturing of axicabtagene ciloleucel for transformed follicular lymphoma with circulating cells. Am J Hematol. 2019 Sep.94(9):E245-E247. Pubmedid: 31211433. Pmcid: PMC6917994.
- Chavez JC, Jain MD, Kharfan-Dabaja MA. Cytokine release syndrome and neurologic toxicities associated with chimeric antigen receptor T-cell therapy: A comprehensive review of emerging grading models. Hematol Oncol Stem Cell Ther. 2019 Jun.13(1):1-6. Pubmedid: 31202671.
- Sim AJ, Jain MD, Figura N, Chavez JC, Shah BD, Khimani F, Lazarayan A, Krivenko G, Davila ML, Liu HD, Falchook AD, Dahiya S, Rapoport AP, Kim SU, Locke FL, Robinson TJ. Radiation Therapy as a Bridging Strategy for CAR T Cell Therapy With Axicabtagene Ciloleucel in Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2019 Dec.105(5):1012-1021. Pubmedid: 31175906. Pmcid: PMC6872916.
- Alvi RM, Frigault MJ, Fradley MG, Jain MD, Mahmood SS, Awadalla M, Lee DH, Zlotoff DA, Zhang L, Drobni ZD, Hassan MZO, Bassily E, Rhea I, Ismail-Khan R, Mulligan CP, Banerji D, Lazaryan A, Shah BD, Rokicki A, Raje N, Chavez JC, Abramson J, Locke FL, Neilan TG. Cardiovascular Events Among Adults Treated With Chimeric Antigen Receptor T-Cells (CAR-T). J Am Coll Cardiol. 2019 Dec.74(25):3099-3108. Pubmedid: 31856966. Pmcid: PMC6938409.
- Hashmi H, Bachmeier C, Chavez JC, Song J, Hussaini M, Krivenko G, Nishihori T, Kotani H, Davila ML, Locke FL, Jain MD. Haemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis has variable time to onset following CD19 chimeric antigen receptor T cell therapy. Brit J Haematol. 2019 Aug.187(2):e35-e38. Pubmedid: 31410842.
- Beaupierre A, Lundberg R, Marrero L, Jain M, Wang T, Alencar MC. Management Across Settings: An Ambulatory and Community Perspective for Patients Undergoing CAR T-Cell Therapy in Multiple Care Settings. Clin J Oncol Nurs. 2019 Apr.23(2):27-34. Pubmedid: 30880815.
- Jain MD, Bachmeier CA, Phuoc VH, Chavez JC. Axicabtagene ciloleucel (KTE-C19), an anti-CD19 CAR T therapy for the treatment of relapsed/refractory aggressive B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Ther Clin Risk Manag. 2018 May.14:1007-1017. Pubmedid: 29910620. Pmcid: PMC5987753.
- Jain MD, Davila ML. Concise Review: Emerging Principles from the Clinical Application of Chimeric Antigen Receptor T Cell Therapies for B Cell Malignancies. Stem Cells. 2018 Jan;36(1):36-44. Pubmedid: 29024301.
- Locke FL, Jain MD. Advances in aggressive lymphoma from the 2018 American Society of Clinical Oncology annual meeting: commentary. Clin Adv Hematol Oncol. 2018 Aug.16 Suppl 14(8):20-23. Pubmedid: 30300338.
- Jain MD, Kuruvilla J. Anti-PD-1 Antibodies as a Therapeutic Strategy in Classical Hodgkin Lymphoma. Drugs. 2017 Oct;77(15):1645-1655. Pubmedid: 28819821.
- Jain MD, Tomlinson GA, Lam D, Liu J, Damaraju D, Detsky AS, Devine LA. Workplace-Based Assessment of Internal Medicine Resident Diagnostic Accuracy. J Grad Med Educ. 2014 Sep;6(3):532-535. Pubmedid: 26279781. Pmcid: PMC4535220.
- Jain MD, Nikonova A. Methemoglobinemia from curing salt. CMAJ. 2013 Nov;185(16):E771. Pubmedid: 23670150. Pmcid: PMC3826356.
- Smirle J, Au CE, Jain M, Dejgaard K, Nilsson T, Bergeron J. Cell biology of the endoplasmic reticulum and the Golgi apparatus through proteomics. Cold Spring Harb Perspect Biol. 2013 Jan;5(1):a015073. Pubmedid: 23284051. Pmcid: PMC3579394.
- Jain MD, Cabrerizo-Sanchez R, Karkouti K, Yau T, Pendergrast JM, Cserti-Gazdewich CM. Seek and you shall find--but then what do you do? Cold agglutinins in cardiopulmonary bypass and a single-center experience with cold agglutinin screening before cardiac surgery. Transfus Med Rev. 2013 Apr;27(2):65-73. Pubmedid: 23375735.