Find a Doctor
Colleen Veloski, MD
Program: Endocrine Oncology
Locations: Moffitt Cancer Center
Cancer Focus: Adrenal Carcinoma, Neuroendocrine Tumor , Thyroid Cancer
Dr. Veloski received her MD degree from Medical College of Pennsylvania. She completed an Internal Medicine Residency and Endocrinology Fellowship at Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Following her Fellowship, Dr. Veloski became an Assistant Professor at Temple University School of Medicine, Section of Endocrinology, and she was promoted to Associate Professor in 2009. Dr. Veloski most recently has been an Associate Professor at Fox Chase Cancer Center, where she served as Director of the Endocrinology and Thyroid Program. Dr. Veloski has extensive experience in the care of cancer patients with endocrine diseases, specializing in the evaluation and treatment of patients with thyroid nodules and thyroid cancer. She holds the Endocrine Certification in Neck Ultrasound. Dr. Veloski’s research interests include the role of molecular markers and genomic testing in thyroid cancer diagnosis, preoperative risk assessment, and treatment.
Education & Training
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
- Temple University Hospital - Endocrinology
- Temple University Hospital - Internal Medicine
- Medical College of Pennsylvania - MD
- Wei S, Veloski C, Sharda P, Ehya H. Performance of the Afirma genomic sequencing classifier versus gene expression classifier: An institutional experience. Cancer Cytopathol. 2019 Sep.127(11):720-724. Pubmedid: 31536167.
- Godwin JL, Jaggi S, Sirisena I, Sharda P, Rao AD, Mehra R, Veloski C. Nivolumab-induced autoimmune diabetes mellitus presenting as diabetic ketoacidosis in a patient with metastatic lung cancer. J Immunother Cancer. 2017 May;5:40. Pubmedid: 28515940. Pmcid: PMC5433051.
- Sznol M, Postow MA, Davies MJ, Pavlick AC, Plimack ER, Shaheen M, Veloski C, Robert C. Endocrine-related adverse events associated with immune checkpoint blockade and expert insights on their management. Cancer Treat Rev. 2017 Jul;58:70-76. Pubmedid: 28689073.
- Ginzburg S, Reddy M, Veloski C, Sigurdson E, Ridge JA, Azrilevich M, Kutikov A. Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma Metastases Presenting as Ipsilateral Adrenal Mass and Renal Cyst. Urol Case Rep. 2015 Nov;3(6):221-222. Pubmedid: 26793559. Pmcid: PMC4714304.
- Tomaszewski JJ, Uzzo RG, Egleston B, Corcoran AT, Mehrazin R, Geynisman DM, Ridge JA, Veloski C, Kocher N, Smaldone MC, Kutikov A. Coupling of prostate and thyroid cancer diagnoses in the United States. Ann Surg Oncol. 2015 Mar;22(3):1043-1049. Pubmedid: 25205302. Pmcid: PMC4419700.
- Hall MJ, Innocent J, Rybak C, Veloski C, Scott WJ, Wu H, Ridge JA, Hoffman JP, Borghaei H, Turaka A, Daly MB. Bilateral granulosa cell tumors: a novel malignant manifestation of multiple endocrine neoplasia 1 syndrome found in a patient with a rare menin in-frame deletion. Appl Clin Genet. 2015 Feb;8:69-73. Pubmedid: 25733923. Pmcid: PMC4337709.
- Lango M, Flieder D, Arrangoiz R, Veloski C, Yu JQ, Li T, Burtness B, Mehra R, Galloway T, Ridge JA. Extranodal extension of metastatic papillary thyroid carcinoma: correlation with biochemical endpoints, nodal persistence, and systemic disease progression. Thyroid. 2013 Sep;23(9):1099-1105. Pubmedid: 23421588. Pmcid: PMC3770240.