Find a Doctor
Dr. Ronica Nanda is an Assistant Member in the Department of Radiation Oncology at Moffitt Cancer Center. Dr. Nanda will be located at Morton Plant Mease Hospital where she will support the partnership between Moffitt and BayCare. Dr. Nanda received her MD from the University of Florida. She completed a Radiation Oncology Residency at Emory University, where she also served as Chief Resident. She recently completed a Fellowship in Pediatric Proton Therapy at the University of Florida Health Proton Therapy Institute in Jacksonville. Dr. Nanda’s clinical interest is the treatment of breast cancers, lung cancers, brain tumors, and sarcomas. She also has a background in pediatric radiation oncology as well as in the use of proton therapy for adult and pediatric malignancies. Dr. Nanda’s primary research interests are on late effects of radiation therapy and cancer treatment. She has published numerous peer-reviewed manuscripts in high impact journals and has presented her research at multiple internationally-attended conferences. She is also passionate about studying survivorship issues for people with cancer. We are very excited to have Ronica join us and strengthen Moffitt’s ongoing relationship with the Baycare Health System.
Education & Training
- University of Florida Health Proton Therapy Institute - Pediatric Proton Therapy
- Emory University School of Medicine - Internal Medicine/Radiation Oncology
- University of Florida College of Medicine - MD
- Indelicato DJ, Bradley JA, Rotondo RL, Nanda RH, Logie N, Sandler ES, Aldana PR, Ranalli NJ, Beier AD, Morris CG, Mendenhall NP. Outcomes following proton therapy for pediatric ependymoma. Acta Oncol. 2018 May;57(5):644-648. Pubmedid: 29239262.
- Mokhtech M, Rotondo RL, Bradley JA, Sandler ES, Nanda R, Logie N, Aldana PR, Morris CG, Indelicato DJ. Early outcomes and patterns of failure following proton therapy for nonmetastatic intracranial nongerminomatous germ cell tumors. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2018 Jun;65(6):e26997. Pubmedid: 29380526.
- Morgan TM, Danish H, Nanda RH, Esiashvili N, Meacham LR. Whole lung irradiation in stage IV Wilms tumor patients: Thyroid dosimetry and outcomes. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2018 Feb;65(2). Pubmedid: 28960781.
- Cassidy RJ, Zhang X, Switchenko JM, Patel PR, Shelton JW, Tian S, Nanda RH, Steuer CE, Pillai RN, Owonikoko TK, Ramalingam SS, Fernandez FG, Force SD, Gillespie TW, Curran WJ, Higgins KA. Health care disparities among octogenarians and nonagenarians with stage III lung cancer. Cancer. 2018 Feb;124(4):775-784. Pubmedid: 29315497. Pmcid: PMC5801133.
- Nanda R, Flampouri S, Mendenhall NP, Indelicato DJ, Jones LM, Seeram VK, Hoppe BS. Pulmonary Toxicity Following Proton Therapy for Thoracic Lymphoma. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2017 Oct;99(2):494-497. Pubmedid: 28872001.
- Nanda RH, Ganju RG, Schreibmann E, Chen Z, Zhang C, Jegadeesh N, Cassidy R, Deng C, Eaton BR, Esiashvili N. Correlation of Acute and Late Brainstem Toxicities With Dose-Volume Data for Pediatric Patients With Posterior Fossa Malignancies. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2017 Jun;98(2):360-366. Pubmedid: 28463155.
- Nanda RH, Shehata BM, Khoshnam N, Durham M, Kim S, Selwanes W, Chen Z, Zhang C, Esiashvili N. Impact of lymph node evaluation in adjuvant and neoadjuvant chemotherapy settings on survival outcomes in Wilms tumour: a review of 185 cases from a single institution. Pathology. 2017 Jan;49(1):19-23. Pubmedid: 27913041.
- Sayan M, Cassidy RJ, Butker EE, Nanda RH, Krishnamurti L, Khan MK, Esiashvili N. Gonadal shielding technique to preserve fertility in male pediatric patients treated with total body irradiation for stem cell transplantation. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2016 Jul;51(7):997-998. Pubmedid: 26950374.
- Abugideiri M, Nanda RH, Butker C, Zhang C, Kim S, Chiang KY, Butker E, Khan MK, Haight AE, Chen Z, Esiashvili N. Factors Influencing Pulmonary Toxicity in Children Undergoing Allogeneic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation in the Setting of Total Body Irradiation-Based Myeloablative Conditioning. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2016 Feb;94(2):349-359. Pubmedid: 26853343.
- Ganju RG, Nanda RH, Esiashvili N, Switchenko JM, Wasilewski-Masker K, Marchak JG. The Effect of Transition Clinics on Knowledge of Diagnosis and Perception of Risk in Young Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer. J Pediat Hematol Onc. 2016 Apr;38(3):197-201. Pubmedid: 26925717. Pmcid: PMC4937789.
- Kirkland RS, Nanda RH, Alazraki A, Esiashvili N. Influence of Pulmonary Nodules on Chest Computed Tomography and Risk of Recurrence in Stage IV Wilms Tumor. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2015 Jun;92(2):332-338. Pubmedid: 25754630.
- Nanda RH, El-Rayes B, Maithel SK, Landry J. Neoadjuvant modified FOLFIRINOX and chemoradiation therapy for locally advanced pancreatic cancer improves resectability. J Surg Oncol. 2015 Jun;111(8):1028-1034. Pubmedid: 26073887.
- Nanda RH, Liu Y, Gillespie TW, Mikell JL, Ramalingam SS, Fernandez FG, Curran WJ, Lipscomb J, Higgins KA. Stereotactic body radiation therapy versus no treatment for early stage non-small cell lung cancer in medically inoperable elderly patients: A National Cancer Data Base analysis. Cancer. 2015 Dec;121(23):4222-4230. Pubmedid: 26348268.
- Kandula S, Prabhu RS, Nanda R, Switchenko JM, Cash T, Qayed M, Katzenstein H, Esiashvili N. Outcomes After Radiation Therapy to Metastatic Sites in Patients With Stage 4 Neuroblastoma. J Pediat Hematol Onc. 2015 Apr;37(3):175-180. Pubmedid: 25238225. Pmcid: PMC4869887.
- Nanda R, Dhabbaan A, Janss A, Shu HK, Esiashvili N. The feasibility of frameless stereotactic radiosurgery in the management of pediatric central nervous system tumors. J Neurooncol. 2014 Apr;117(2):329-335. Pubmedid: 24549752.
- Hazariwala R, Morris CG, Gilbert S, Algood C, Zlotecki RA. Radiotherapy for spermatic cord sarcoma. Am J Clin Oncol. 2013 Aug;36(4):392-394. Pubmedid: 22772428.