Find a Doctor Search
Dr. Shafique earned his MD degree at the University of Virginia, School of Medicine. He completed an Internal Medicine Residency at Duke University Medical Center and, most recently, a Hematology and Oncology Fellowship at University of South Florida/Moffitt Cancer Center. Dr. Shafique devotes the majority of clinical time treating lung cancer. However, he will also cares for patients with a wide spectrum of diagnoses as part of early phase clinical trials.
Education & Training
- Internal Medicine
- University of South Florida - Hematology and Oncology
- Duke University Medical Center - Internal Medicine
- University of Virginia School of Medicine - MD
If you believe you are eligible for one of these trials or studies, please call
- Turza KC, Shafique M, Lobo PI, Sawyer RG, Keith DS, Brayman KL, Agarwal A. Infectious complications in living-donor kidney transplant recipients undergoing multi-modal desensitization. Surg Infect (Larchmt). 2014 Jun;15(3):182-186. Pubmedid: 24773230. Pmcid: PMC4696441.
- Kanda J, Long GD, Gasparetto C, Horwitz ME, Sullivan KM, Chute JP, Morris A, Shafique M, Li Z, Chao NJ, Rizzieri DA. Reduced-intensity allogeneic transplantation using alemtuzumab from HLA-matched related, unrelated, or haploidentical related donors for patients with hematologic malignancies. Biol Blood Marrow Tr. 2014 Feb;20(2):257-263. Pubmedid: 24269380. Pmcid: PMC4140655.