Find a Doctor Search
Dr. Shafique earned his MD degree at the University of Virginia, School of Medicine. He completed an Internal Medicine Residency at Duke University Medical Center and, most recently, a Hematology and Oncology Fellowship at University of South Florida/Moffitt Cancer Center. Dr. Shafique devotes the majority of clinical time treating lung cancer. However, he will also cares for patients with a wide spectrum of diagnoses as part of early phase clinical trials.
Education & Training
- Internal Medicine
- University of South Florida - Hematology and Oncology
- Duke University Medical Center - Internal Medicine
- University of Virginia School of Medicine - MD
CLINICAL TRIAL 17908
Phase II/III Biomarker-Driven Master Protocol for Second Line Therapy of Squamous Cell Lung Cancer (Screening Step)
Intervention: 750009 (Rilotumumab); 765338 (AZD4547); 772256 (Palbociclib); AMG102 (Rilotumumab); AZD4547; BMN-673 (Talazoparib); BMS-936558 (Nivolumab); Dexamethasone; Erlotinib; GDC-0032 (Taselisib); Ipilimumab; MEDI4736 (Durvalumab); Nivolumab; Palbociclib; Rilotumumab; Talazoparib; Tarceva (Erlotinib); Taxotere (docetaxel); Yervoy (Ipilimumab); docetaxel
CLINICAL TRIAL 18428
A Randomized Phase II Study of Individualized Combined Modality Therapy for Stage III Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC)
Intervention: Crizotinib; Erlotinib; Paraplatin (carboplatin); Tarceva (Erlotinib); Taxol (paclitaxel); Xalkori (Crizotinib); carboplatin; cisplatin; etoposide; paclitaxel
CLINICAL TRIAL 19067
A Phase 2 Single-arm Study to Evaluate Safety and Efficacy of CRS-207 with Pembrolizumab in Adults with Previously-Treated Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma
Intervention: CRS-207; Pembrolizumab (Keytruda)
CLINICAL TRIAL 18914
Consolidative Ipilimumab and Nivolumab with Thoracic Radiotherapy after Platinum Based Chemotherapy for Patients with Extensive-Stage Small Cell Lung Cancer
Intervention: BMS-936558 (Nivolumab); Ipilimumab; Nivolumab; Yervoy (Ipilimumab)
If you believe you are eligible for one of these trials or studies, please call
- Shafique MR, Lee MC, Han HS. Treatment of the Pregnant Patient with Breast Cancer. South Med J. 2017 Oct;110(10):627-631. Pubmedid: 28973702.
- Turza KC, Shafique M, Lobo PI, Sawyer RG, Keith DS, Brayman KL, Agarwal A. Infectious complications in living-donor kidney transplant recipients undergoing multi-modal desensitization. Surg Infect (Larchmt). 2014 Jun;15(3):182-186. Pubmedid: 24773230. Pmcid: PMC4696441.
- Kanda J, Long GD, Gasparetto C, Horwitz ME, Sullivan KM, Chute JP, Morris A, Shafique M, Li Z, Chao NJ, Rizzieri DA. Reduced-intensity allogeneic transplantation using alemtuzumab from HLA-matched related, unrelated, or haploidentical related donors for patients with hematologic malignancies. Biol Blood Marrow Tr. 2014 Feb;20(2):257-263. Pubmedid: 24269380. Pmcid: PMC4140655.