Find a Doctor Search
Dr. Shafique earned his MD degree at the University of Virginia, School of Medicine. He completed an Internal Medicine Residency at Duke University Medical Center and, most recently, a Hematology and Oncology Fellowship at University of South Florida/Moffitt Cancer Center. Dr. Shafique devotes the majority of clinical time treating lung cancer. However, he will also cares for patients with a wide spectrum of diagnoses as part of early phase clinical trials.
Education & Training
- University of South Florida - Hematology and Oncology
- Duke University Medical Center - Internal Medicine
- University of Virginia School of Medicine - MD
CLINICAL TRIAL 19293
Phase 1b/2 Study Of VX15/2503 In Combination With Avelumab In Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
Intervention: Avelumab; MSB00100718C (Avelumab); VX15/2503
CLINICAL TRIAL 17908
Phase II/III Biomarker-Driven Master Protocol for Second Line Therapy of Squamous Cell Lung Cancer (Screening Step)
Intervention: 750009 (Rilotumumab); 765338 (AZD4547); 772256 (Palbociclib); AMG102 (Rilotumumab); AMP-514 (Durvalumab); AZD4547; BMN-673 (Talazoparib); BMS-936558 (Nivolumab); CP-675,206 (tremelimumab); Dexamethasone; Durvalumab; Erlotinib; GDC-0032 (Taselisib); Ipilimumab; MEDI4736 (Durvalumab); Nivolumab; Palbociclib; Rilotumumab; Talazoparib; Tarceva (Erlotinib); Taxotere (docetaxel); Yervoy (Ipilimumab); docetaxel; tremelimumab
CLINICAL TRIAL 18906
A Phase 1 Dose Escalation and Cohort Expansion Study of TSR-022, an anti-TIM-3 Monoclonal Antibody, in Patients with Advanced Solid Tumors
Intervention: BMS-936558 (Nivolumab); Nivolumab; TSR-022; TSR-042
CLINICAL TRIAL 18914
Consolidative Ipilimumab and Nivolumab with Thoracic Radiotherapy after Platinum Based Chemotherapy for Patients with Extensive-Stage Small Cell Lung Cancer
Intervention: BMS-936558 (Nivolumab); Ipilimumab; Nivolumab; Yervoy (Ipilimumab)
CLINICAL TRIAL 19389
A Phase 1, First-in-Human, Open-Label, Dose Escalation Study of JNJ-61186372, a Human Bispecific EGFR and cMet Antibody, in Subjects with Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
CLINICAL TRIAL 19406
Phase I/II Study of Nivolumab and Ipilimumab combined with Nintedanib in Non Small Cell Lung Cancer
Intervention: BMS-936558 (Nivolumab); Ipilimumab; Nintedanib; Nivolumab; Yervoy (Ipilimumab)
CLINICAL TRIAL 18555
A Randomized Phase II/III Trial of Prophylactic Cranial Irradiation with or without Hippocampal Avoidance for Small Cell Lung Cancer
If you believe you are eligible for one of these trials or studies, please call
- Shafique MR, Lee MC, Han HS. Treatment of the Pregnant Patient with Breast Cancer. South Med J. 2017 Oct;110(10):627-631. Pubmedid: 28973702.
- Turza KC, Shafique M, Lobo PI, Sawyer RG, Keith DS, Brayman KL, Agarwal A. Infectious complications in living-donor kidney transplant recipients undergoing multi-modal desensitization. Surg Infect (Larchmt). 2014 Jun;15(3):182-186. Pubmedid: 24773230. Pmcid: PMC4696441.
- Kanda J, Long GD, Gasparetto C, Horwitz ME, Sullivan KM, Chute JP, Morris A, Shafique M, Li Z, Chao NJ, Rizzieri DA. Reduced-intensity allogeneic transplantation using alemtuzumab from HLA-matched related, unrelated, or haploidentical related donors for patients with hematologic malignancies. Biol Blood Marrow Tr. 2014 Feb;20(2):257-263. Pubmedid: 24269380. Pmcid: PMC4140655.