Find a Doctor
Melissa McGettigan, MD
Program: Diagnostic Imaging and Interventional Radiology
Locations: Moffitt Cancer Center
Cancer Types Treated: Bladder Cancer , Cholangiocarcinoma (Bile Duct Cancer), Colon Cancer, Colorectal Cancer , Esophageal Cancer , GIST (Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor) , Gallbladder Cancer , Gastrointestinal Carcinoid Tumor , Kidney (Renal Cell) Cancer , Liver Cancer , Neuroendocrine Tumor , Pancreatic Cancer , Penile Cancer, Prostate Cancer , Rectal Cancer , Small Intestine Cancer , Stomach (Gastric) Cancer , Testicular Cancer , Anal Cancer, Appendiceal (Appendix) Cancer
Dr. McGettigan received her Doctor of Medicine degree from the University of South Florida College of Medicine in Tampa, FL. She completed a Diagnostic Radiology Residency at Medical College of Georgia where she also served as Assistant Chief Resident. Dr. McGettigan completed an Abdominal Imaging Fellowship at Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology in St. Louis, Missouri. Dr. McGettigan’s most recent affiliation was with the Radiology Associates of St. Petersburg. Dr. McGettigan joined Moffitt Cancer Center in 2016. Her clinical interests are in gastrointestinal and genitourinary radiology and non- vascular image-guided procedures. Her research interests include applications of MRI for prostate cancer and ultrasound for radiation dose reduction in diagnosis and therapeutic intervention of gastrointestinal and genitourinary malignancies.
Education & Training
- Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology - Abdominal Imaging
- Medical College of Georgia - Radiology
- University of South Florida - MD
CLINICAL TRIAL 18684
A Phase II Investigator Sponsored Study of Nivolumab in Patients with Advanced Refractory Biliary Tract Cancers
Intervention: BMS-936558 (Nivolumab); Nivolumab
- Liu Y, Wang H, Li Q, McGettigan MJ, Balagurunathan Y, Garcia AL, Thompson ZJ, Heine JJ, Ye Z, Gillies RJ, Schabath MB. Radiologic Features of Small Pulmonary Nodules and Lung Cancer Risk in the National Lung Screening Trial: A Nested Case-Control Study. Radiology. 2018 Jan;286(1):298-306. Pubmedid: 28837413. Pmcid: PMC5738292.
- McGettigan MJ, Gatenby RA. Radiologic Pearls for Internists: A Case-Based Review. Am J Med. 2018 Jan;131(1):9-16. Pubmedid: 28889930.
- Valderrabano P, McGettigan MJ, Lam C, Khazai L, Thompson ZJ, Chung CH, Centeno BA, McIver B. Thyroid Nodules with Indeterminate Cytology: Utility of the American Thyroid Association Sonographic Patterns for Cancer Risk Stratification. Thyroid. 2018 Aug;28(8):1004-1012. Pubmedid: 29848195.
- McGettigan MJ, Menias CO, Gao ZJ, Mellnick VM, Hara AK. Imaging of Drug-induced Complications in the Gastrointestinal System. Radiographics. 2016 Jan;36(1):71-87. Pubmedid: 26761532.
- Woodall MN, McGettigan M, Figueroa R, Gossage JR, Alleyne CH. Cerebral vascular malformations in hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia. J Neurosurg. 2014 Jan;120(1):87-92. Pubmedid: 24236651.
- Carvalho KM, McGettigan MJ, Martin DF. GC/MS analysis of volatile organic selenium species produced during phytoremediation. J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng. 2001 Sep;36(7):1403-1409. Pubmedid: 11545362.