Find a Doctor
Edwin Peguero, MD
Locations: Moffitt Cancer Center
Cancer Focus: Brain Cancer , Glioblastoma , Meningioma
Dr. Peguero received his MD from Ponce School of Medicine, Puerto Rico. He completed a neurology residency at the University of South Florida, Morsani College of Medicine. After completing his residency, Dr. Peguero completed a fellowship in epilepsy and EEG at Vanderbilt University School of Medicine. After his fellowship, Dr. Peguero was employed at The Watson Clinic, Department of Neurology, Lakeland, Florida, where he also served as Chief of Service of Neurology at Lakeland Regional Medical Center. Dr. Peguero was an Assistant Professor at Ponce School of Medicine, and most recently, he has worked in private practice. Dr. Peguero’s clinical interest is in General Neurology, Epilepsy and Clinical Neurophysiology. He will help expand our diagnostic and therapeutic strategies in Onco-Neurology using advanced electrophysiologic techniques in EMG and EEG. This capability is especially important in the Neurologic complications of novel therapies such as check point inhibitors and CAR-T therapies.
Education & Training
- Clinical Neurophysiology
- Vanderbilt University School of Medicine - Epilepsy and EEG
- Damas Hospital - Internal Medicine
- University of South Florida - Neurology
- Ponce School of Medicine(MD, - MD)
- Kasischke KA, Peguero EN, Sriaroon C, Moreo N, Ren Z, Mokin MV, Rose DZ. Immediate Transfer for Clot Extraction in a Young Woman With Leukemia and Asparaginase-Associated Acute Cerebral Vein Thrombosis. Neurohospitalist. 2020 Jan.10(1):58-63. Pubmedid: 31839868. Pmcid: PMC6900648.
- Piña Y, Fusco MJ, Macaulay RJ, Walko CM, Peguero E, Evernden BR, Smalley KS, Forsyth P. Using personalized medicine in gliomas: a genomic approach to diagnosis and overcoming treatment resistance in a case with pleomorphic xanthoastrocytoma. J Neurol. 2019 Nov.267(3):783-790. Pubmedid: 31748891. Pmcid: PMC7035305.
- Chung M, Jaffer M, Verma N, Mokhtari S, Ramsakal A, Peguero E. Immune checkpoint inhibitor induced anti-glutamic acid decarboxylase 65 (Anti-GAD 65) limbic encephalitis responsive to intravenous immunoglobulin and plasma exchange. J Neurol. 2019 Dec. Pubmedid: 31832829.
- Maller B, Peguero E, Tanvetyanon T. Ipilimumab/Nivolumab-related Opsoclonus-Myoclonus-Ataxia Syndrome Variant in a Patient with Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma. J Immunother. 2018 Nov;41(9):411-412. Pubmedid: 29742520.
- Peguero E, Abou-Khalil B, Fakhoury T, Mathews G. Self-injury and incontinence in psychogenic seizures. Epilepsia. 1995 Jun;36(6):586-591. Pubmedid: 7555972.
- Fakhoury T, Abou-Khalil B, Peguero E. Differentiating clinical features of right and left temporal lobe seizures. Epilepsia. 1994 Sep;35(5):1038-1044. Pubmedid: 7925149.