Find a Doctor
Edwin Peguero, MD
Locations: Moffitt Cancer Center
Cancer Types Treated: Brain Cancer , Glioblastoma , Meningioma
Dr. Peguero received his MD from Ponce School of Medicine, Puerto Rico. He completed a neurology residency at the University of South Florida, Morsani College of Medicine. After completing his residency, Dr. Peguero completed a fellowship in epilepsy and EEG at Vanderbilt University School of Medicine. After his fellowship, Dr. Peguero was employed at The Watson Clinic, Department of Neurology, Lakeland, Florida, where he also served as Chief of Service of Neurology at Lakeland Regional Medical Center. Dr. Peguero was an Assistant Professor at Ponce School of Medicine, and most recently, he has worked in private practice. Dr. Peguero’s clinical interest is in General Neurology, Epilepsy and Clinical Neurophysiology. He will help expand our diagnostic and therapeutic strategies in Onco-Neurology using advanced electrophysiologic techniques in EMG and EEG. This capability is especially important in the Neurologic complications of novel therapies such as check point inhibitors and CAR-T therapies.
Education & Training
- Clinical Neurophysiology
- Vanderbilt University School of Medicine - Epilepsy and EEG
- Damas Hospital - Internal Medicine
- University of South Florida - Neurology
- Ponce School of Medicine - MD
- Peguero E, Abou-Khalil B, Fakhoury T, Mathews G. Self-injury and incontinence in psychogenic seizures. Epilepsia. 1995 Jun;36(6):586-591. Pubmedid: 7555972.
- Fakhoury T, Abou-Khalil B, Peguero E. Differentiating clinical features of right and left temporal lobe seizures. Epilepsia. 1994 Sep;35(5):1038-1044. Pubmedid: 7925149.
- Maller B, Peguero E, Tanvetyanon T. Ipilimumab/Nivolumab-related Opsoclonus-Myoclonus-Ataxia Syndrome Variant in a Patient with Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma. J Immunother. 41(9):411-412. Pubmedid: 29742520.