Find a Doctor
Daryoush Saeed-Vafa, MD
Locations: Moffitt Cancer Center
Dr. Daryoush Saeed-Vafa is a Clinical Instructor in the Moffitt Cancer Center Department of Anatomic Pathology. Dr. Saeed-Vafa earned his MD degree from Temple University School of Medicine. He completed an Anatomic and Clinical Pathology Residency in the Department of Pathology at Temple University Hospital. Following residency, Dr. Saeed-Vafa completed an Anatomic Fellowship in Surgical Pathology at the University of California, San Diego; a Digital Pathology Fellowship in the Department of Cancer Imaging and Metabolism and the Department of Pathology at Moffitt Cancer Center; an Oncologic Molecular Pathology Fellowship in the Department of Anatomic Pathology at Moffitt Cancer Center; and a Personalized Medicine Fellowship, DeBartolo Family Personalized Medicine Institute at Moffitt Cancer Center. Dr. Saeed-Vafa’s clinical interests are in molecular and digital pathology, focusing on the Moffitt STAR panel for solid tumors. His research interests reside in digital image analysis and deep learning, specifically leveraging deep learning to automate pathology.
Education & Training
- Anatomic Pathology
- University of California - Surgical Pathology
- Moffitt Cancer Center - Digital Pathology
- Moffitt Cancer Center - Oncologic Molecular Pathology
- Moffitt Cancer Center - Personalized Medicine
- Temple University Hospital - Anatomic and Clinical Pathology
- Temple University School of Medicine - MD
CLINICAL TRIAL 19744
Benign Neurofibroma and MPNST Tumor Progression in Neurofibromatosis Type 1 (NF1) - Evolution of the Growth Factor Receptor and Hormonal Receptor Expression
Condition: Neurologic Oncology
- Saglam O, Xiong Y, Marchion DC, Strosberg C, Wenham RM, Johnson JJ, Saeed-Vafa D, Cubitt C, Hakam A, Magliocco AM. ERBB4 Expression in Ovarian Serous Carcinoma Resistant to Platinum-Based Therapy. Cancer Control. 2017 Jan;24(1):89-95. Pubmedid: 28178720.
- Saeed-Vafa D, Magliocco AM. Practical Applications of Digital Pathology. Cancer Control. 2015 Apr;22(2):137-141. Pubmedid: 26068757.
- Saeed-Vafa D, Huang Y, Manucha V. Should cervical cancer screening begin at age 21 for everyone? A quantitative analysis in a high-risk, low-income, African American/Hispanic young-adult population. Diagn Cytopathol. 2014 Mar;42(3):205-212. Pubmedid: 23897742.
- Saeed-Vafa D, Myers E, Huang Y, Ferriss JS, Manucha V. Localized cavernous hemangioma of the uterus involving adenomyotic foci. J Cancer Res Ther. 2010 Dec;7(1):69-71. Pubmedid: 21546746.
- Bhavsar T, Saeed-Vafa D, Harbison S, Inniss S. Retroperitoneal cystic lymphangioma in an adult: A case report and review of the literature. World J Gastrointest Pathophysiol. 2010 Dec;1(5):171-176. Pubmedid: 21607159. Pmcid: PMC3097960.