Find a Doctor Search
Dr. Dahui Qin received his MD from the Southeast University, Medical College, Nanjing, China and his PhD from the Medical College of Virginia in immunology. He completed residency training in anatomic and clinical pathology at the University of Miami, and is board certified in anatomic and clinical pathology. He did his molecular genetic pathology fellowship at the University of North Carolina and is also board certified in the subspecialty of molecular genetic pathology. He was appointed Assistant Professor for two years in the department of Microbiology and Immunology, Medical College of Virginia, and then joined the faculty at Moffitt Cancer Center as Assistant Member in the Department of Anatomic Pathology in November 2006, moving to the Department of Hematopathology and Laboratory Medicine in 2009 as Medical Director of the Molecular Pathology Laboratory. He was promoted to Associate Member in 2013. Dr. Qin’s clinical focus is in Molecular Diagnostics. He established modern oncologic molecular testing at Moffitt Cancer Center in 2009. Since then, the lab has been growing exponentially, performing a wide menu of clinical testing that includes BCR/ABL quantitative PCR for CML and ALL; T and B cell gene rearrangement for lymphoma patients; chimerism for bone marrow transplant engraftment monitoring; CYP2C19 for pharmacogenomics; IDH1/2 Sequenom assay and MGMT methylation assay for central nervous system tumors; EGFR, BRAF, PIK3, NRAS and KRAS mutation pyrosequencing tests for solid tumors; next generation sequencing for solid tumors and myeloid leukemias. His research interests include improving molecular diagnostic techniques in clinical practice and developing new molecular assays to support clinical research and clinical trials; quality control of molecular diagnostic assays, next generation sequencing and molecular diagnosis; the association of genomic mutations with oncogenesis, diagnosis and therapeutic options. Dr. Qin is an active Clinician Educator who has been involved in teaching medical students, residents, fellows and visiting scholars. He is also involved in training technologists and scientists in the molecular laboratory.
Education & Training
- Anatomic Pathology
- Molecular Genetic Pathology
- Clinical Pathology
- Medical College of Virginia - Microbiology & Immunology
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill - Molecular Genetic Pathology
- University of Miami, School of Medicine - Pathology AP/CP
- Southeast University, Nanjing, China - MD
If you believe you are eligible for one of these trials or studies, please call
- Song J, Hussaini M, Zhang H, Shao H, Qin D, Zhang X, Ma Z, Hussnain Naqvi SM, Zhang L, Moscinski LC. Comparison of the Mutational Profiles of Primary Myelofibrosis, Polycythemia Vera, and Essential Thrombocytosis. Am J Clin Pathol. 2017 May;147(5):444-452. Pubmedid: 28419183. Pmcid: PMC5402718.
- Ismail A, Mallick JA, Qin D, Hussaini MO. Sentinel case of Richter transformation from chronic lymphocytic leukaemia/small lymphocytic lymphoma to CD3+ diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. J Clin Pathol. 2017 Jul;70(7):575-578. Pubmedid: 27899414.
- Qin D, Zheng Z, Shen S, Smith P, Khalil FK. Necessity of Microdissecting Different Tumor Components in Pulmonary Tumor Pyrosequencing. Biomed Res Int. 2017 Feb;2016:8759267. Pubmedid: 27597976. Pmcid: PMC4997073.
- McIntosh LY, Lal JE, Qin D. Usage of DNA Fingerprinting Technology for Quality Control in Molecular Lab Bench Work. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2016 May. Pubmedid: 27153449.
- Davies KD, Farooqi MS, Gruidl M, Hill CE, Woolworth-Hirschhorn J, Jones H, Jones KL, Magliocco A, Mitui M, O'Neill PH, O'Rourke R, Patel NM, Qin D, Ramos E, Rossi MR, Schneider TM, Smith GH, Zhang L, Park JY, Aisner DL. Multi-Institutional FASTQ File Exchange as a Means of Proficiency Testing for Next-Generation Sequencing Bioinformatics and Variant Interpretation. J Mol Diagn. 2016 Jul;18(4):572-579. Pubmedid: 27155050.
- Horna P, Deaver DM, Qin D, Moscinski LC, Sotomayor EM, Glass LF, Sokol L. Quantitative flow cytometric identification of aberrant T cell clusters in erythrodermic cutaneous T cell lymphoma. Implications for staging and prognosis. J Clin Pathol. 2014 May;67(5):431-436. Pubmedid: 24319102.
- Chen X, Eksioglu EA, Zhou J, Zhang L, Djeu J, Fortenbery N, Epling-Burnette P, Van Bijnen S, Dolstra H, Cannon J, Youn JI, Donatelli SS, Qin D, De Witte T, Tao J, Wang H, Cheng P, Gabrilovich DI, List A, Wei S. Induction of myelodysplasia by myeloid-derived suppressor cells. J Clin Invest. 2013 Nov;123(11):4595-4611. Pubmedid: 24216507. Pmcid: PMC3809779.
- Peker D, Quigley B, Qin D, Papenhausen P, Zhang L. Burkitt lymphoma arising from lymphoplasmacytic lymphoma following acquisition of MYC translocation and loss of the ETV6 tumor suppressor gene. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2013 Jan;137(1):130-133. Pubmedid: 23276184.
- Caso J, Qin D, Sexton WJ. Eosinophilic cystitis following immediate post-resection intravesical instillation of mitomycin-C. Can J Urol. 2010 Jun;17(3):5223-5225. Pubmedid: 20566021.
- Tanvetyanon T, Qin D, Padhya T, McCaffrey J, Zhu W, Boulware D, DeConti R, Trotti A. Outcomes of postoperative concurrent chemoradiotherapy for locally advanced major salivary gland carcinoma. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2009 Jul;135(7):687-692. Pubmedid: 19620591.
- Tanvetyanon T, Qin D, Padhya T, Kapoor R, McCaffrey J, Trotti A. Survival outcomes of squamous cell carcinoma arising from sinonasal inverted papilloma: report of 6 cases with systematic review and pooled analysis. Am J Otolaryngol. 2009 Jan;30(1):38-43. Pubmedid: 19027511.
- Tew J, Wu J, Fakher M, Szakal A, Qin D. Follicular dendritic cells: beyond the necessity of T-cell help. Trends Immunol. 2001 Jul;22(7):361-367. Pubmedid: 11429319.
- Qin D, Wu J, Vora K, Ravetch J, Szakal A, Manser T, Tew J. Fc gamma receptor IIB on follicular dendritic cells regulates the B cell recall response. J Immunol. 2000 Jun;164(12):6268-6275. Pubmedid: 10843680.
- Qin D, Wu J, Burton G, Szakal A, Tew J. Follicular dendritic cells mediated maintenance of primary lymphocyte cultures for long-term analysis of a functional in vitro immune system. J Immunol Methods. 1999 Jun;226(1-2):19-27. Pubmedid: 10410968.
- Schwarz Y, Yang M, Qin D, Wu J, Jarvis W, Grant S, Burton G, Szakal A, TewJG. Follicular dendritic cells protect malignant B cells from apoptosis induced by anti-Fas and antineoplastic agents. J Immunol. 1999 Dec;163(12):6442-6447. Pubmedid: 10586034.
- Qin D, Wu J, Carroll M, Burton G, Szakal A, Tew J. Evidence for an important interaction between a complement-derived CD21 ligand on follicular dendritic cells and CD21 on B cells in the initiation of IgG responses. J Immunol. 1998 Nov;161(9):4549-4554. Pubmedid: 9794381 .
- Qin D, Wu J, Carroll M, Burton G, Szakal A, Tew J. Evidence for an important interaction between a complement-derived CD21 ligand on follicular dendritic cells and CD21 on B cells in the initiation of IgG responses. J Immunol. 1998 Nov;161(9):4549-4554. Pubmedid: 09794381.
- Kapasi Z, Qin D, Kerr W, Kosco-Vilbois M, Shultz L, Tew J, Szakal A. Follicular dendritic cell (FDC) precursors in primary lymphoid tissues. J Immunol. 1998 Feb;160(3):1078-1084. Pubmedid: 9570519 .
- Kapasi Z, Qin D, Kerr W, Kosco-Vilbois M, Shultz L, Tew J, Szakal A. Follicular dendritic cell (FDC) precursors in primary lymphoid tissues. J Immunol. 1998 Feb;160(3):1078-1084. Pubmedid: 09570519.
- Qin D, Wu J, Burton G, Szakal A, Tew J. A role for CR2 in FDC-B cell interactions. Adv Exp Med Biol. 1997 Nov;417:493-497. Pubmedid: 9286409 .
- Tew J, Wu J, Qin D, Helm S, Burton G, Szakal A. Follicular dendritic cells and presentation of antigen and costimulatory signals to B cells. Immunol Rev. 1997 Apr;156:39-52. Pubmedid: 09176698.
- Tew J, Wu J, Qin D, Helm S, Burton G, Szakal A. Follicular dendritic cells and presentation of antigen and costimulatory signals to B cells. Immunol Rev. 1997 Apr;156:39-52. Pubmedid: 9176698 .
- Wu J, Qin D, Burton G, Szakal A, Tew J. Follicular dendritic cell-derived antigen and accessory activity in initiation of memory IgG responses in vitro. J Immunol. 1996 Oct;157(8):3404-3411. Pubmedid: 08871638.
- Wu J, Qin D, Burton G, Szakal A, Tew J. Follicular dendritic cell-derived antigen and accessory activity in initiation of memory IgG responses in vitro. J Immunol. 1996 Oct;157(8):3404-3411. Pubmedid: 8871638 .
- Wu J, Qin D, Burton G, Szakal A, Tew J. Iccosomes and induction of specific antibody production in vitro. Adv Exp Med Biol. 1995 378;378:309-311. Pubmedid: 8526080 .
- Qin D. A labeling technique for follicular dendritic cells under the electron microscope. Chinese Journal Of Physical Medicine. 1988;10:228-228.