Moffitt Notice of Blackbaud Data Incident. Learn More
Find a Doctor
Dr. Grajales-Cruz received his MD from Universidad Central del Caribe in Bayamon, Puerto Rico. He completed an Internal Medicine Residency at Veterans Administration Caribbean Healthcare System, where he also served as Chief Resident. Most recently, he completed a Hematology and Medical Oncology Fellowship at Moffitt Cancer Center/University of South Florida. Dr. Grajales-Cruz’s clinical and research interests include lymphomas and plasma cell dyscrasias, such as multiple myeloma, monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance, plasmacytoma, primary systemic amyloidosis and Waldenstrom macroglobulinemia.
Education & Training
- Mato AR, Roeker LE, Jacobs R, Hill BT, Lamanna N, Brander D, Shadman M, Ujjani CS, Sarraf Yazdy M, Perini GF, Pinilla-Ibarz JA, Barrientos J, Skarbnik AP, Torka P, Pu JJ, Pagel JM, Gohil S, Fakhri B, Choi M, Coombs CC, Rhodes J, Barr PM, Portell CA, Parry H, Garcia CA, Whitaker KJ, Winter AM, Sitlinger A, Khajavian S, Grajales-Cruz AF, Isaac KM, Shah P, Akhtar OS, Pocock R, Lam K, Voorhees TJ, Schuster SJ, Rodgers TD, Fox CP, Martinez-Calle N, Munir T, Bhavsar EB, Bailey N, Lee JC, Weissbrot HB, Nabhan C, Goodfriend JM, King AC, Zelenetz AD, Dorsey C, Bigelow K, Cheson BD, Allan JN, Eyre TA. Assessment of the Efficacy of Therapies Following Venetoclax Discontinuation in CLL Reveals BTK Inhibition as an Effective Strategy. Clin Cancer Res. 2020 Mar.26(14):3589-3596. Pubmedid: 32198151.
- Rose A, Grajales-Cruz A, Lim A, Todd A, Bello C, Shah B, Chavez J, Pinilla-Ibartz J, Saeed H, Sandoval-Sus J, Isenalumhe L, Sokol L. Classical Hodgkin Lymphoma: Clinicopathologic Features, Prognostic Factors, and Outcomes From a 28-Year Single Institutional Experience. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2020 Aug. Pubmedid: 32950461.
- Grajales-Cruz A, Baco-Viera F, Rive-Mora E, Ramirez-Tanchez C, Tasso D, Arroyo-Portela N, Calderon E, Padua-Octaviani IJ, Caceres-Perkins W. Primary Adrenal Angiosarcoma: A Rare and Potentially Misdiagnosed Tumor. Cancer Control. 2017 Apr.24(2):198-201. Pubmedid: 28441375. Pmcid: PMC5483322.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.