Notice to Our Patients Regarding a Stolen Briefcase. Learn More
Find a Doctor
Cancer Focus: Brain Cancer , Leukemia
Dr. Jaglal completed his hematology/oncology fellowship at the University of South Florida and Moffitt Cancer Center. His research interests are in benign hematologic disorders: hemophilia, von Willebrand's disease, anemias, hemostasis and thrombosis disorders. Clinically, Dr. Jaglal is a hematologist/oncologist and member of the Moffitt Medical Group faculty based at Tampa General Hospital (TGH). The MMG faculty at TGH provides invaluable oncology services to the large patient population of this leading regional hospital.
Education & Training
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology
- Moffitt Cancer Center - Hematology/Oncology
- University of Louisville - Internal Medicine
- St. George's University School of Medicine, Grenada, West IndiesMD
- Visweshwar N, Zhang Y, Joseph H, Jaglal M, Ayala I. Chronic pain in patients with hemophilia: is it preventable?. Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis. 2020 Sep.31(6):346-352. Pubmedid: 32815911.
- Tebbi CK, Badiga A, Sahakian E, Arora AI, Nair S, Powers JJ, Achille AN, Jaglal MV, Patel S, Migone F. Plasma of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Patients React to the Culture of a Mycovirus Containing Aspergillus flavus. J Pediat Hematol Onc. 2020 Jul.42(5):350-358. Pubmedid: 32576782.
- Visweshwar N, Zhang Y, Joseph H, Jaglal M, Ayala I. Chronic pain in patients with hemophilia: is it preventable?. Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis. 2020 Aug.31(6):346-352. Pubmedid: 32804455.
- Patell R, Midha S, Kimani S, Martin R, Neparidze N, Jaglal M, Freed J, Key NS. Variability in Institutional Guidance for COVID-19-Associated Coagulopathy in the United States. Thromb Haemostasis. 2020 Aug. Pubmedid: 32828072.
- Mirza AS, Chen L, Amirzadeh S, Majethia S, Joppen J, Mirza S, Mhaskar R, Jaglal M, Ashraf N. Health disparities and chronic disease associated with anemia in free clinics: A retrospective study of uninsured patients in Tampa Bay. Postgrad Med. 2019 Sep.131(8):612-618. Pubmedid: 31524033.
- Visweshwar N, Jaglal M, Sokol L, Djulbegovic B. Hematological Malignancies and Arterial Thromboembolism. Indian J Hematol Blood Transfus. 2019 Oct.35(4):611-624. Pubmedid: 31741612. Pmcid: PMC6825093.
- Ashraf N, Visweshwar N, Jaglal M, Sokol L, Laber D. Evolving paradigm in thrombophilia screening. Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis. 2019 Jul.30(5):249-252. Pubmedid: 31145103. Pmcid: PMC6687403.
- Mirza AS, Yun S, Ali NA, Shin H, O'Neil JL, Elharake M, Schwartz D, Robinson K, Nowell E, Engle G, Badat I, Brimer T, Kuc A, Sequeira A, Mirza S, Sikaria D, Vera JD, Hackney N, Abusrur S, Jesurajan J, Kuang J, Patel S, Khalil S, Bhaskar S, Beard A, Abuelenen T, Ratnasamy K, Visweshwar N, Komrokji R, Jaglal M. Validation of the Khorana score in acute myeloid leukemia patients: a single-institution experience. Thromb J. 2019 Jul.17:13. Pubmedid: 31303864. Pmcid: PMC6604148.
- Mirza AS, Pabbathi S, Lu Y, Ayoubi N, Ewing A, Jaglal M, Roetzheim R. Comorbidities, risk, and socioeconomic factors of uninsured cancer survivors. Medicine. 2018 Nov.97(47):e13121. Pubmedid: 30461610. Pmcid: PMC6393034.
- Kerr D, Laber D, Visweshwar N, Jaglal M. Case Report: CEA Elevation Can Be a Marker of Increased Inflammation During Treatment with Oxaliplatin. Anticancer Res. 2018 Mar;38(3):1711-1713. Pubmedid: 29491106.
- Chaudhury A, Balakrishnan A, Thai C, Holmstrom B, Nanjappa S, Ma Z, Jaglal MV. The Efficacy and Safety of Rivaroxaban and Dalteparin in the Treatment of Cancer Associated Venous Thrombosis. Indian J Hematol Blood Transfus. 2018 Jul.34(3):530-534. Pubmedid: 30127566. Pmcid: PMC6081306.
- Visweshwar N, Jaglal M, Sokol L, Zuckerman K. Chemotherapy-related anemia. Ann Hematol. 2018 Feb;97(2):375-376. Pubmedid: 29103107.
- Laber DA, Chen MB, Jaglal M, Patel A, Visweshwar N. Phase 2 Study of Cyclophosphamide, Etoposide, and Estramustine in Patients With Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer. Clin Genitourin Cancer. 2018 Dec;16(6):473-481. Pubmedid: 30072309.
- Epperla N, Maddocks KJ, Salhab M, Chavez JC, Reddy N, Karmali R, Umyarova E, Bachanova V, Costa C, Glenn M, Calzada O, Xavier AC, Zhou Z, Hossain NM, Hernandez-Ilizaliturri FJ, Al-Mansour Z, Barta SK, Chhabra S, Lansigan F, Mehta A, Jaglal MV, Evans A, Flowers CR, Cohen JB, Fenske TS, Hamadani M, Costa LJ. C-MYC-positive relapsed and refractory, diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: Impact of additional "hits" and outcomes with subsequent therapy. Cancer. 2017 Nov;123(22):4411-4418. Pubmedid: 28749548.
- Sandoval-Sus JD, Mogollon-Duffo F, Patel A, Visweshwar N, Laber DA, Kim R, Jaglal MV. Nivolumab as salvage treatment in a patient with HIV-related relapsed/refractory Hodgkin lymphoma and liver failure with encephalopathy. J Immunother Cancer. 2017 Jun;5:49. Pubmedid: 28642818. Pmcid: PMC5477132.
- Gupta NK, Nolan A, Omuro A, Reid EG, Wang CC, Mannis G, Jaglal M, Chavez JC, Rubinstein PG, Griffin A, Abrams DI, Hwang J, Kaplan LD, Luce JA, Volberding P, Treseler PA, Rubenstein JL. Long-term survival in AIDS-related primary central nervous system lymphoma. Neurooncol. 2017 Jan;19(1):99-108. Pubmedid: 27576871. Pmcid: PMC5193026.
- Costa LJ, Maddocks K, Epperla N, Reddy NM, Karmali R, Umyarova E, Bachanova V, Costa C, Glenn M, Chavez J, Calzada O, Lansigan F, Nasheed H, Barta S, Zhou Z, Jaglal M, Chhabra S, Hernandez-Ilizaliturri F, Xavier AC, Mehta A, Peker D, Forero-Torres A, Al-Mansour Z, Evens AM, Cohen JB, Flowers CR, Fenske TS, Hamadani M. Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma with primary treatment failure: Ultra-high risk features and benchmarking for experimental therapies. Am J Hematol. 2017 Feb.92(2):161-170. Pubmedid: 27880984. Pmcid: PMC5549936.
- Sam C, Desai P, Laber D, Patel A, Visweshwar N, Jaglal M. Pegylated bovine carboxyhaemoglobin utilisation in a thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura patient. Transfus Med. 2017 Aug;27(4):300-302. Pubmedid: 28401611.
- Visweshwar N, Jaglal M, Booth C, Griffin P, Laber D. AOHE: manuscript AOHE-D-16-00564 paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria with autoimmune hemolytic anemia following eculizumab therapy-with large granular lymphocytic leukemia. Ann Hematol. 2016 Oct;95(10):1747-1749. Pubmedid: 27449072. Pmcid: PMC4982880.
- Balakrishnan A, Ledford R, Jaglal M. Temozolomide-induced biliary ductopenia: a case report. J Med Case Rep. 2016 Feb;10:33. Pubmedid: 26846183. Pmcid: PMC4743416.
- Dalia S, Price S, Forsyth P, Sokol L, Jaglal M. What is the optimal dose of high-dose methotrexate in the initial treatment of primary central nervous system lymphoma?. Leuk Lymphoma. 2015 Feb;56(2):500-502. Pubmedid: 24882264.
- Griffin PT, Jaglal M. Metastatic prostate cancer mimicking thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. Blood. 2015 Feb;125(8):1349. Pubmedid: 25853149.
- Luria L, Nguyen J, Zhou J, Jaglal M, Sokol L, Messina JL, Coppola D, Zhang L. Manifestations of gastrointestinal plasmablastic lymphoma: a case series with literature review. World J Gastroenterol. 2014 Sep;20(33):11894-11903. Pubmedid: 25206297. Pmcid: PMC4155383.
- Petrich AM, Gandhi M, Jovanovic B, Castillo JJ, Rajguru S, Yang DT, Shah KA, Whyman JD, Lansigan F, Hernandez-Ilizaliturri FJ, Lee LX, Barta SK, Melinamani S, Karmali R, Adeimy C, Smith S, Dalal N, Nabhan C, Peace D, Vose J, Evens AM, Shah N, Fenske T, Zelenetz AD, Landsburg DJ, Howlett C, Mato A, Jaglal M, Chavez JC, Tsai JP, Reddy N, Li S, Handler C, Flowers CR, Cohen JB, Blum KA, Song K, Sun HL, Press O, Cassaday R, Jaso J, Medeiros LJ, Sohani AR, Abramson JS. Impact of induction regimen and stem cell transplantation on outcomes in double-hit lymphoma: a multicenter retrospective analysis. Blood. 2014 Oct;124(15):2354-2361. Pubmedid: 25161267.
- Dalia S, Jaglal M, Chervenick P, Cualing H, Sokol L. Clinicopathologic characteristics and outcomes of histiocytic and dendritic cell neoplasms: the moffitt cancer center experience over the last twenty five years. Cancers (Basel). 2014 Nov;6(4):2275-2295. Pubmedid: 25405526. Pmcid: PMC4276966.
- Jaglal MV, Duong VH, Bello CM, Al Ali NH, Padron E, Fernandez HF, List AF, Lancet JE, Komrokji RS. Cladribine, cytarabine, filgrastim, and mitoxantrone (CLAG-M) compared to standard induction in acute myeloid leukemia from myelodysplastic syndrome after azanucleoside failure. Leuk Res. 2014 Apr;38(4):443-446. Pubmedid: 24439565.
- Dalia S, Forsyth P, Chavez J, Price S, Shah B, Bello C, Sokol L, Pan E, Sotomayor E, Lee JH, Fisher K, Jaglal M. Primary B-cell CNS lymphoma clinicopathologic and treatment outcomes in 89 patients from a single tertiary care center. Int J Hematol. 2014 Apr;99(4):450-456. Pubmedid: 24584873.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.