Moffitt Notice of Blackbaud Data Incident. Learn More
Find a Doctor
Cancer Focus: Cervical Cancer, Endometrial (Uterine) Cancer , Ovarian Cancer , Vaginal Cancer , Vulvar Cancer
Dr. Chon is a gynecologic oncologist in the Gynecologic Oncology program at Moffitt Cancer Center. She provides medical and surgical care to women with gynecologic malignancies and pre-invasive disease of the lower genital tract. Dr. Chon has completed her residency training in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Kyung Hee Univeristy, Seoul, Korea and Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX and fellowship in Gynecologic Oncology at Moffiitt. Dr. Chon has a special interest in minimally invasive surgery, including robotic-assisted laparoscopy, for appropriate patients with gynecologic malignancies. Minimally invasive surgery has revolutionized care for patients with gynecologic malignancies while improving patients’ quality of life postoperatively. In addition to providing excellent patient care, Dr. Chon continues to pursue her research interests which include surgical innovation and outcomes in gynecologic malignancies, and personalizing treatment options for patients with endometrial cancer. Dr. Chon believes in working closely with the patient and the referring doctor in order to provide quality care through a comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach.
Education & Training
- Gynecologic Oncology
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- MD Anderson International Fellow - Gynecologic Medical Oncology
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research - Gynecologic Oncology
- Kyung Hee University Medical Center - Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Baylor College of Medicine - Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Kyung Hee University College of Medicine - MD
CLINICAL TRIAL 20087
A Randomized, Double-Blind, Phase 3 Trial Of Maintenance With Selinexor/Placebo After Combination Chemotherapy For Patients With Advanced Or Recurrent Endometrial Cancer
Condition: Gynecological Tumor
Intervention: KPT-330 (Selinexor); Placebo (); Selinexor ()
CLINICAL TRIAL 20175
A Two-arm, Randomized, Non-comparative, Phase 2 Trial of AGEN2034 (anti-PD-1) as a Monotherapy or Combination Therapy with AGEN1884 (anti-CTLA4) or with Placebo in Women with Recurrent Cervical Cancer (Second Line) - RaPiDS
Condition: Gynecological Tumor
Intervention: AGEN1884 (); AGEN2034 (); Placebo ()
CLINICAL TRIAL 20336
A Phase II Trial of Ribociclib (LEE011) plus Letrozole in Women with Recurrent Low-Grade Serous Carcinoma of the Ovary, Fallopian Tube or Peritoneum
Condition: Gynecological Tumor
Intervention: Femara (Letrozole); LEE011 (Ribociclib); Letrozole (); Ribociclib ()
CLINICAL TRIAL 20529
A Randomised, Multicentre, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled, Phase III Study of First-line Carboplatin and Paclitaxel in Combination with Durvalumab, Followed by Maintenance Durvalumab with or without Olaparib in Patients with Newly Diagnosed Advanced or Recurrent Endometrial Cancer (DUO-E)
Condition: Gynecological Tumor
Intervention: AMP-514 (Durvalumab); Durvalumab (); MEDI4736 (Durvalumab); Olaparib (Lynparza); Paraplatin (carboplatin); Placebo (); Taxol (paclitaxel); carboplatin (); paclitaxel ()
CLINICAL TRIAL 19125
A Randomized Phase II Trial of Radiation Therapy and Cisplatin Alone or in Combination with Intravenous Triapine in Women with Newly Diagnosed Bulky Stage IB2, Stage II, IIIB, or IVA Cancer of the Uterine Cervix or Stage II-IVA Vaginal Cancer
Condition: Gynecological Tumor
Intervention: Triapine (); cisplatin ()
- Asamoah FA, Yarney J, Scott A, Vanderpuye V, Yuan Z, Fernandez DC, Montejo ME, Agyeman M, Boateng SN, Anarfi K, Aidoo C, Shahzad MM, Chern JY, Chon HS, Wenham RM, Yamoah K, Ahmed KA. Comparison of Definitive Cervical Cancer Management With Chemotherapy and Radiation Between Two Centers With Variable Resources and Opportunities for Improved Treatment. JCO Glob Oncol. 2020 Oct.6:1510-1518. Pubmedid: 33021855. Pmcid: PMC7605379.
- Mohammadi H, Prince A, Figura NB, Peacock JS, Fernandez DC, Montejo ME, Chon HS, Wenham RM, Eschrich SA, Torres-Roca JF, Ahmed KA. Using the Radiosensitivity Index (RSI) to Predict Pelvic Failure in Endometrial Cancer Treated With Adjuvant Radiation Therapy. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2020 Mar.106(3):496-502. Pubmedid: 31759077. Pmcid: PMC7050205.
- Abu-Rustum NR, Yashar CM, Bean S, Bradley K, Campos SM, Chon HS, Chu C, Cohn D, Crispens MA, Damast S, Fisher CM, Frederick P, Gaffney DK, Giuntoli R, Han E, Huh WK, Lurain Iii JR, Mariani A, Mutch D, Nagel C, Nekhlyudov L, Fader AN, Remmenga SW, Reynolds RK, Sisodia R, Tillmanns T, Ueda S, Urban R, Wyse E, McMillian NR, Motter AD. NCCN Guidelines Insights: Cervical Cancer, Version 1.2020. J Natl Compr Canc Ne. 2020 Jun.18(6):660-666. Pubmedid: 32502976.
- Rishi A, Rollins M, Ahmed KA, Hunt DC, Sarkar P, Fernandez DC, Hoffman MS, Apte SM, Shahzad MMK, Chon HS, Chern JY, Wenham RM, Montejo ME. High-dose intensity-modulated chemoradiotherapy in vulvar squamous cell carcinoma: Outcome and toxicity. Gynecol Oncol. 2020 Feb.156(2):349-356. Pubmedid: 31771865.
- Kunos CA, Andrews SJ, Moore KN, Chon HS, Ivy SP. Randomized Phase II Trial of Triapine-Cisplatin-Radiotherapy for Locally Advanced Stage Uterine Cervix or Vaginal Cancers. Front Oncol. 2019 Oct.9:1067. Pubmedid: 31681600. Pmcid: PMC6803528.
- Abu-Rustum NR, Yashar CM, Bean S, Bradley K, Campos SM, Chon HS, Chu C, Cohn D, Crispens MA, Damast S, Dorigo O, Eifel PJ, Fisher CM, Frederick P, Gaffney DK, Han E, Huh WK, Lurain JR, Mariani A, Mutch D, Nagel C, Nekhlyudov L, Fader AN, Remmenga SW, Reynolds RK, Sisodia R, Tillmanns T, Ueda S, Wyse E, McMillian NR, Scavone J. Gestational Trophoblastic Neoplasia, Version 2.2019, NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology. J Natl Compr Canc Ne. 2019 Nov.17(11):1374-1391. Pubmedid: 31693991.
- Chon HS, Sehovic M, Marchion D, Walko C, Xiong Y, Extermann M. Biologic Mechanisms Linked to Prognosis in Ovarian Cancer that May Be Affected by Aging. J Cancer. 2019 Jun.10(12):2604-2618. Pubmedid: 31258768. Pmcid: PMC6584919.
- Koh WJ, Abu-Rustum NR, Bean S, Bradley K, Campos SM, Cho KR, Chon HS, Chu C, Clark R, Cohn D, Crispens MA, Damast S, Dorigo O, Eifel PJ, Fisher CM, Frederick P, Gaffney DK, Han E, Huh WK, Lurain JR, Mariani A, Mutch D, Nagel C, Nekhlyudov L, Fader AN, Remmenga SW, Reynolds RK, Tillmanns T, Ueda S, Wyse E, Yashar CM, McMillian NR, Scavone JL. Cervical Cancer, Version 3.2019, NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology. J Natl Compr Canc Ne. 2019 Jan.17(1):64-84. Pubmedid: 30659131.
- Bulls HW, Hoogland AI, Kennedy B, James BW, Arboleda BL, Apte S, Chon HS, Small BJ, Gonzalez BD, Jim HSL. A longitudinal examination of associations between age and chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy in patients with gynecologic cancer. Gynecol Oncol. 2019 Feb.152(2):310-315. Pubmedid: 30558975. Pmcid: PMC6380347.
- Nelson AM, Albizu-Jacob A, Fenech AL, Chon HS, Wenham RM, Donovan KA. Quality of life after pelvic exenteration for gynecologic cancer: Findings from a qualitative study. Psychooncology. 2018 Oct.27(10):2357-2362. Pubmedid: 29956389.
- Kang S, Thompson Z, McClung EC, Abdallah R, Lee JK, Gonzalez-Bosquet J, Wenham RM, Chon HS. Gene Expression Signature-Based Prediction of Lymph Node Metastasis in Patients With Endometrioid Endometrial Cancer. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2018 Feb.28(2):260-266. Pubmedid: 29194195. Pmcid: PMC5780243.
- Koh WJ, Abu-Rustum NR, Bean S, Bradley K, Campos SM, Cho KR, Chon HS, Chu C, Cohn D, Crispens MA, Damast S, Dorigo O, Eifel PJ, Fisher CM, Frederick P, Gaffney DK, George S, Han E, Higgins S, Huh WK, Lurain JR, Mariani A, Mutch D, Nagel C, Nekhlyudov L, Fader AN, Remmenga SW, Reynolds RK, Tillmanns T, Ueda S, Wyse E, Yashar CM, McMillian NR, Scavone JL. Uterine Neoplasms, Version 1.2018, NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology. J Natl Compr Canc Ne. 2018 Feb.16(2):170-199. Pubmedid: 29439178.
- Jeong D, Hakam A, Abuel-Haija M, Chon HS. Ovarian microcystic stromal tumor: Radiologic-pathologic correlation. Gynecol Oncol Rep. 2018 Aug.25:11-14. Pubmedid: 30014019. Pmcid: PMC6019857.
- Boac BM, Xiong Y, Apte SM, Wenham RM, Shahzad MM, Munroe DG, Lancaster JM, Chon HS. Adherence to practice guidelines is associated with reduced referral times for patients with ovarian cancer. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2018 Apr.218(4):436.e1-436.e7. Pubmedid: 29353030.
- Chon HS, Kang S, Lee JK, Apte SM, Shahzad MM, Williams-Elson I, Wenham RM. Phase I study of oral ridaforolimus in combination with paclitaxel and carboplatin in patients with solid tumor cancers. BMC Cancer. 2017 Jun.17(1):407. Pubmedid: 28595616. Pmcid: PMC5465458.
- Koh WJ, Greer BE, Abu-Rustum NR, Campos SM, Cho KR, Chon HS, Chu C, Cohn D, Crispens MA, Dizon DS, Dorigo O, Eifel PJ, Fisher CM, Frederick P, Gaffney DK, Han E, Higgins S, Huh WK, Lurain JR, Mariani A, Mutch D, Nagel C, Nekhlyudov L, Fader AN, Remmenga SW, Reynolds RK, Tillmanns T, Ueda S, Valea FA, Wyse E, Yashar CM, McMillian N, Scavone J. Vulvar Cancer, Version 1.2017, NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology. J Natl Compr Canc Ne. 2017 Jan.15(1):92-120. Pubmedid: 28040721.
- Han HS, Magliocco AM. Molecular Testing and the Pathologist's Role in Clinical Trials of Breast Cancer. Clin Breast Cancer. 2016 Jun.16(3):166-179. Pubmedid: 27103546.
- Abdallah R, Chon HS, Bou Zgheib N, Marchion DC, Wenham RM, Lancaster JM, Gonzalez-Bosquet J. Prediction of Optimal Cytoreductive Surgery of Serous Ovarian Cancer With Gene Expression Data. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2015 Jul.25(6):1000-1009. Pubmedid: 26098088.
- Chon HS, Abdallah R, Bosquet JG. Association between endometrial cancer risk classification and gene expression in the cancer genome atlas database. Obstet Gynecol. 2014 May.123 Suppl 1:90S. Pubmedid: 24770301.
- Abdallah R, Chon HS, Gonzalez Bosquet J. Gene expression and prediction of complete cytoreduction in ovarian cancer. Obstet Gynecol. 2014 May.123 Suppl 1:89S. Pubmedid: 24770297.
- Gonzalez Bosquet J, Marchion DC, Chon H, Lancaster JM, Chanock S. Analysis of chemotherapeutic response in ovarian cancers using publicly available high-throughput data. Cancer Res. 2014 Jul.74(14):3902-3912. Pubmedid: 24848511.
- Chen N, Chon HS, Xiong Y, Marchion DC, Judson PL, Hakam A, Gonzalez-Bosquet J, Permuth-Wey J, Wenham RM, Apte SM, Cheng JQ, Sellers TA, Lancaster JM. Human cancer cell line microRNAs associated with in vitro sensitivity to paclitaxel. Oncol Rep. 2014 Jan.31(1):376-383. Pubmedid: 24220856. Pmcid: PMC3981115.
- Al Sawah E, Chen X, Marchion DC, Xiong Y, Ramirez IJ, Abbasi F, Zgheib NB, Chon HS, Wenham RM, Apte SM, Judson PL, Lancaster JM. Perifosine, an AKT inhibitor, modulates ovarian cancer cell line sensitivity to cisplatin-induced growth arrest. Gynecol Oncol. 2013 Oct.131(1):207-212. Pubmedid: 23877012.
- Marchion DC, Xiong Y, Chon HS, Sawah EA, Zgheib NB, Ramirez IJ, Abbasi F, Stickles XB, Judson PL, Hakam A, Gonzalez-Bosquet J, Wenham RM, Apte SM, Berglund AE, Lancaster JM. Gene expression data reveal common pathways that characterize the unifocal nature of ovarian cancer. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2013 Dec.209(6):576.e1-576.e16. Pubmedid: 23933223. Pmcid: PMC3840156.
- Bicaku E, Xiong Y, Marchion DC, Chon HS, Stickles XB, Chen N, Judson PL, Hakam A, Gonzalez-Bosquet J, Wenham RM, Apte SM, Fulp W, Cubitt CL, Chen DT, Lancaster JM. In vitro analysis of ovarian cancer response to cisplatin, carboplatin, and paclitaxel identifies common pathways that are also associated with overall patient survival. Brit J Cancer. 2012 Jun.106(12):1967-1975. Pubmedid: 22596241. Pmcid: PMC3388569.
- Zgheib NB, Xiong Y, Marchion DC, Bicaku E, Chon HS, Stickles XB, Sawah EA, Judson PL, Hakam A, Gonzalez-Bosquet J, Wenham RM, Apte SM, Cubitt CL, Chen DT, Lancaster JM. The O-glycan pathway is associated with in vitro sensitivity to gemcitabine and overall survival from ovarian cancer. Int J Oncol. 2012 Jul.41(1):179-188. Pubmedid: 22552627. Pmcid: PMC4017641.
- Judson PL, Al Sawah E, Marchion DC, Xiong Y, Bicaku E, Zgheib NB, Chon HS, Stickles XB, Hakam A, Wenham RM, Apte SM, Gonzalez-Bosquet J, Chen DT, Lancaster JM. Characterizing the efficacy of fermented wheat germ extract against ovarian cancer and defining the genomic basis of its activity. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2012 Jul.22(6):960-967. Pubmedid: 22740002. Pmcid: PMC4036555.
- Chon HS, Marchion DC, Xiong Y, Chen N, Bicaku E, Stickles XB, Zgheib NB, Judson PL, Hakam A, Gonzalez-Bosquet J, Wenham RM, Apte SM, Lancaster JM. The BCL2 antagonist of cell death pathway influences endometrial cancer cell sensitivity to cisplatin. Gynecol Oncol. 2012 Jan.124(1):119-124. Pubmedid: 22032837.
- Marchion DC, Cottrill HM, Xiong Y, Chen N, Bicaku E, Fulp WJ, Bansal N, Chon HS, Stickles XB, Kamath SG, Hakam A, Li L, Su D, Moreno C, Judson PL, Berchuck A, Wenham RM, Apte SM, Gonzalez-Bosquet J, Bloom GC, Eschrich SA, Sebti S, Chen DT, Lancaster JM. BAD phosphorylation determines ovarian cancer chemosensitivity and patient survival. Clin Cancer Res. 2011 Oct.17(19):6356-6366. Pubmedid: 21849418. Pmcid: PMC3186862.
- Ramirez I, Chon HS, Apte SM. The role of surgery in the management of epithelial ovarian cancer. Cancer Control. 2011 Jan.18(1):22-30. Pubmedid: 21273977.
- Chon HS, Lancaster JM. Microarray-based gene expression studies in ovarian cancer. Cancer Control. 2011 Jan.18(1):8-15. Pubmedid: 21273975.
- Tao X, Chon HS, Fu S, Kavanagh JJ, Hu W. Update on aurora kinase inhibitors in gynecologic malignancies. Recent Pat Anticancer Drug Discov. 2008 Nov.3(3):162-177. Pubmedid: 18991785. Pmcid: PMC3039426.
- Chon HS, Hu W, Kavanagh JJ. Targeted therapies in gynecologic cancers. Curr Cancer Drug Targets. 2006 Jun.6(4):333-363. Pubmedid: 16848724.
- Chon HS, Chung HS, Hahn KS, Lee HJ. A case of endometrial squamous cell carcinoma. Korean J Obstet Gynecol. 2003 Apr.46(4):864-868.
- Chon HS, Lee SK, Kim SB. The accuracy of colposcopic impression among patients undergoing directed biopsy. Korean J Gynecol Oncol Colposc. 2002 Jun.13(2):116-123.
- Chon HS, Lee SK. A case report of primary peritoneal cancer. Korean J Gynecol Oncol Colposc. 2001 Jun.12(2):156-161.
- Chung MH, Chon HS, Huh JY. Clinical evaluation on 256 cases of CISH and comparison with TAH. Korean J Gynecol Endoscopy. 2001.13(2):104-114.
- Chon HS. A case of neoadjuvant chemotherapy with taxol/carboplatin in advanced epithelial ovarian cancer. Korean J Obstet Gynecol. 2000 Oct.43(10):1574-1878.
- Lee BY, Chon HS, Kim SB. Pelviscopic ovarian drilling in infertile patients in polycystic ovarian syndrome resistant to Clomiphene citrate. Korean J Obstet Gynecol. 2000.43(11):2033-2037.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.