Find a Doctor
Ankita Patel, MD
Specialty: Medical Oncology
Program: Satellite and Community Oncology
Locations: Moffitt Cancer Center
Dr. Ankita Patel is an Assistant Member of the Moffitt Cancer Center MMG Medical Oncology practice at Tampa General Hospital. Dr. Patel received her MBBS degree from Smt. N.H.L. Municipal Medical College in Ahmedabad, India. She completed an internal medicine residency at the University of Illinois College of Medicine. After completing her residency, she was employed at Hospital Physician Services of Central Alabama as a Hospitalist. Dr. Patel most recently completed a Hematology-Oncology Fellowship at the University of New Mexico. Dr. Patel’s clinical and research interests are in benign hematology (anemia, platelet disorders), medical oncology (CNS malignancies, GI malignancies) and malignant hematology (leukemia).
Education & Training
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology
- University of New Mexico - Hematology-Oncology
- University of Illinois College of Medicine - Internal Medicine
- Smt. N.H.L. Municipal Medical College, Ahmedabad, India - MBBS
- Iannuzzi GL, Patel AA, Stewart JT. Aripiprazole and Delusional Disorder. J Psychiatr Pract. 2019 Mar.25(2):132-134. Pubmedid: 30849061.
- Laber DA, Chen MB, Jaglal M, Patel A, Visweshwar N. Phase 2 Study of Cyclophosphamide, Etoposide, and Estramustine in Patients With Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer. Clin Genitourin Cancer. 2018 Dec;16(6):473-481. Pubmedid: 30072309.
- Rosenfeld JA, Patel A. Chromosomal Microarrays: Understanding Genetics of Neurodevelopmental Disorders and Congenital Anomalies. J Pediatr Genet. 2017 Mar.6(1):42-50. Pubmedid: 28180026. Pmcid: PMC5288005.
- Sandoval-Sus JD, Mogollon-Duffo F, Patel A, Visweshwar N, Laber DA, Kim R, Jaglal MV. Nivolumab as salvage treatment in a patient with HIV-related relapsed/refractory Hodgkin lymphoma and liver failure with encephalopathy. J Immunother Cancer. 2017 Jun;5:49. Pubmedid: 28642818. Pmcid: PMC5477132.
- Gu S, Szafranski P, Akdemir ZC, Yuan B, Cooper ML, Magriñá MA, Bacino CA, Lalani SR, Breman AM, Smith JL, Patel A, Song RH, Bi W, Cheung SW, Carvalho CM, Stankiewicz P, Lupski JR. Mechanisms for Complex Chromosomal Insertions. PLoS Genet. 2016 Nov;12(11):e1006446. Pubmedid: 27880765. Pmcid: PMC5120786.
- Posey JE, Mohrbacher N, Smith JL, Patel A, Potocki L, Breman AM. Triploidy mosaicism (45,X/68,XX) in an infant presenting with failure to thrive. Am J Med Genet A. 2016 Mar;170(3):694-698. Pubmedid: 26566716. Pmcid: PMC4760878.
- Bostwick B, Fang P, Patel A, Sutton VR. Phenotypic and molecular characterization of focal dermal hypoplasia in 18 individuals. Am J Med Genet C Semin Med Genet. 2016 Mar;172C(1):9-20. Pubmedid: 26853229.
- El-Hattab AW, Schaaf CP, Fang P, Roeder E, Kimonis VE, Church JA, Patel A, Cheung SW. Clinical characterization of int22h1/int22h2-mediated Xq28 duplication/deletion: new cases and literature review. BMC Med Genet. 2015 Mar;16:12. Pubmedid: 25927380. Pmcid: PMC4422130.
- Gu S, Yuan B, Campbell IM, Beck CR, Carvalho CM, Nagamani SC, Erez A, Patel A, Bacino CA, Shaw CA, Stankiewicz P, Cheung SW, Bi W, Lupski JR. Alu-mediated diverse and complex pathogenic copy-number variants within human chromosome 17 at p13.3. Hum Mol Genet. 2015 Jul;24(14):4061-4077. Pubmedid: 25908615. Pmcid: PMC4476451.
- Cheung SW, Patel A, Leung TY. Accurate description of DNA-based noninvasive prenatal screening. N Engl J Med. 2015 Apr;372(17):1675-1677. Pubmedid: 25830325.