Find a Doctor
Altan Ahmed, MD
Specialty: Interventional Radiology
Program: Diagnostic Imaging and Interventional Radiology
Cancer Focus: Cholangiocarcinoma (Bile Duct Cancer), Kidney (Renal Cell) Cancer , Liver Cancer , Neuroendocrine Tumor
Dr. Altan Ahmed is an Assistant Member in the Department of Diagnostic Imaging and Interventional Radiology. Dr. Ahmed earned his MD at the University of Alabama at Birmingham and his MS in Human Genetics from Tulane University School of Medicine. He completed a Diagnostic Radiology Residency at the University of Florida, where he also served as Chief Resident. He recently completed a Vascular and Interventional Radiology Fellowship at Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida. Dr. Ahmed’s clinical interests are in Interventional oncology including radioembolization, chemoembolization, microwave ablation and cryoablation. His primary research interest is the treatment of primary and metastatic liver malignancy and optimizing the conformality of locoregional therapies.
Education & Training
- Ahmed AF, Samreen N, Grajo JR, Zendejas I, Sistrom CL, Collinsworth A, Esnakula A, Shah JL, Cabrera R, Geller BS, Toskich BB. Angiosomal radiopathologic analysis of transarterial radioembolization for the treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma. Abdom Radiol (NY). 2018 Jul.43(7):1825-1836. Pubmedid: 29052747.
- Ahmed A, Verma N, Barreto I, Mohammed TL. Low-dose Lung Cancer Screening at an Academic Medical Center: Initial Experience and Dose Reduction Strategies. Acad Radiol. 2018 Aug.25(8):1025-1030. Pubmedid: 29395799.
- Reynolds RJ, Ahmed AF, Danila MI, Hughes LB, Gregersen PK, Raychaudhuri S, Plenge RM, Bridges SL. HLA-DRB1-associated rheumatoid arthritis risk at multiple levels in African Americans: hierarchical classification systems, amino acid positions, and residues. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2014 Dec.66(12):3274-3282. Pubmedid: 25524867. Pmcid: PMC4273668.
- Alebous HD, Cartee R, Vaccari D, Wright OA, Ahmed A, Hood RD, Johnson MD. Developmental control of inositol phosphate biosynthesis is altered in the brain of both curly and phenotypically normal straight tail mutant mice. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2009 Oct.85(10):822-827. Pubmedid: 19645052.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.