Moffitt Notice of Blackbaud Data Incident. Learn More
Find a Doctor
Jinming Song, MD, PhD
Locations: Moffitt Cancer Center
Cancer Focus: Hodgkin Lymphoma , Leukemia , MDS, Multiple Myeloma-Plasma Cell Tumor , Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS) , Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
Dr. Song is board certified in anatomic pathology, surgical pathology, and hematopathology. His specialty is the diagnosis of acute and chronic leukemia, lymphoma, and other benign or malignant hematopoietic disorders. His expertise includes evaluation and interpretation of peripheral blood smears, bone marrow biopsies, lymphoid and non-lymphoid tissues, flow cytometry, molecular pathology especially NextGen sequencing, and cytogenetics. Dr. Song’s research interest is personized medicine, the use of gene mutations and cytogenetic abnormalities for the diagnosis, and the prediction of prognosis and treatment responses in patients with hematopoietic disorders. Dr Song’s interest also includes identification of alternative indications for late stage compounds or drugs.
Education & Training
- Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology
- Tianjin Medical University - Cardiology
- University of Maryland at College Park -
- The Institute for Genomic Research - Bioinformatics
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital - Hematopathology
- Hahneman University Hospital, Drexel University - Pathology
- Beijing Medical University - MD
- Song J, Liu K, Pinilla-Ibarz J, Zhang H. A case report and case review: Chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) blast phase with myelomastocytic differentiation. Leuk Res Rep. 2020 Sep.14:100222. Pubmedid: 33072512. Pmcid: PMC7549112.
- Shao H, Wang W, Song J, Tang G, Zhang X, Tang Z, Srivastava J, Shah B, Medeiros LJ, Zhang L. Myeloid/lymphoid neoplasms with eosinophilia and FLT3 rearrangement. Leuk Res. 2020 Oct.99:106460. Pubmedid: 33166908.
- Song J, Hussaini M. Adopting solutions for annotation and reporting of next generation sequencing in clinical practice. Pract Lab Med. 2020 Mar.19:e00154. Pubmedid: 32099889. Pmcid: PMC7031307.
- Badar T, Szabo A, Sallman D, Komrokji R, Lancet J, Padron E, Song J, Hussaini MO. Interrogation of molecular profiles can help in differentiating between MDS and AML with MDS-related changes. Leuk Lymphoma. 2020 Jun.61(6):1418-1427. Pubmedid: 32013644.
- Nguyen L, Zhang X, Roberts E, Yun S, McGraw K, Abraham I, Song J, Braswell D, Qin D, Sallman DA, Lancet JE, List AF, Moscinski LC, Padron E, Zhang L. Comparison of mutational profiles and clinical outcomes in patients with acute myeloid leukemia with mutated RUNX1 versus acute myeloid leukemia with myelodysplasia-related changes with mutated RUNX1. Leuk Lymphoma. 2020 Jun.61(6):1395-1405. Pubmedid: 32091281. Pmcid: PMC7269833.
- Song J, Hussaini M, Qin D, Zhang X, Shao H, Zhang L, Gajzer D, Basra P, Moscinski L, Zhang H. Comparison of SF3B1/DNMT3A Comutations With DNMT3A or SF3B1 Mutation Alone in Myelodysplastic Syndrome and Clonal Cytopenia of Undetermined Significance. Am J Clin Pathol. 2020 Jun.154(1):48-56. Pubmedid: 32112088.
- Yun S, Geyer SM, Komrokji RS, Al Ali NH, Song J, Hussaini M, Sweet KL, Lancet JE, List AF, Padron E, Sallman DA. Prognostic significance of serial molecular annotation in myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS) and secondary acute myeloid leukemia (sAML). Leukemia. 2020 Jul. Pubmedid: 32728186.
- Zhang Y, Song J, Rutenberg D, Sokol L. Hepatic Infiltration with Malignant T-cells Manifesting as Impending Acute Liver Failure in Sezary Syndrome. Mediterr J Hematol Infect Dis. 2020 Jan.12(1):e2020007. Pubmedid: 31934317. Pmcid: PMC6951350.
- Badaat I, Mirza S, Padron E, Sallman D, Komrokji R, Song J, Hussaini MO. Concurrent mutations in other epigenetic modulators portend better prognosis in BCOR-mutated myelodysplastic syndrome. J Clin Pathol. 2020 Apr.73(4):209-212. Pubmedid: 31771970.
- Mirza AS, Horna P, Teer JK, Song J, Akabari R, Hussaini M, Sokol L. New Insights Into the Complex Mutational Landscape of Sézary Syndrome. Front Oncol. 2020 Apr.10:514. Pubmedid: 32373524. Pmcid: PMC7186303.
- Hashmi H, Bachmeier C, Chavez JC, Song J, Hussaini M, Krivenko G, Nishihori T, Kotani H, Davila ML, Locke FL, Jain MD. Haemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis has variable time to onset following CD19 chimeric antigen receptor T cell therapy. Brit J Haematol. 2019 Oct.187(2):e35-e38. Pubmedid: 31410842.
- Song J, Moscinski L, Zhang H, Zhang X, Hussaini M. Does SF3B1/TET2 Double Mutation Portend Better or Worse Prognosis Than Isolated SF3B1 or TET2 Mutation?. Cancer Genomics Proteomics. 2019 Jan.16(1):91-98. Pubmedid: 30587503. Pmcid: PMC6348401.
- McGraw KL, Nguyen J, Al Ali NH, Komrokji RS, Sallman D, Zhang X, Song J, Padron E, Lancet JE, Moscinski LC, List AF, Zhang L. Association of EZH2 protein expression by immunohistochemistry in myelodysplasia related neoplasms with mutation status, cytogenetics and clinical outcomes. Brit J Haematol. 2019 Feb.184(3):450-455. Pubmedid: 29359794.
- Hussaini MO, Mirza AS, Komrokji R, Lancet J, Padron E, Song J. Genetic Landscape of Acute Myeloid Leukemia Interrogated by Next-generation Sequencing: A Large Cancer Center Experience. Cancer Genomics Proteomics. 2018 Mar.15(2):121-126. Pubmedid: 29496691. Pmcid: PMC5892606.
- Song J, Hussaini M, Zhang H, Shao H, Qin D, Zhang X, Ma Z, Hussnain Naqvi SM, Zhang L, Moscinski LC. Comparison of the Mutational Profiles of Primary Myelofibrosis, Polycythemia Vera, and Essential Thrombocytosis. Am J Clin Pathol. 2017 May.147(5):444-452. Pubmedid: 28419183. Pmcid: PMC5402718.
- Silva AS, Silva MC, Sudalagunta P, Distler AI, Jacobson T, Collins A, Nguyen T, Song J, Chen DT, Chen L, Cubitt CL, Baz R, Perez L, Rebatchouk D, Dalton W, Greene J, Gatenby RA, Gillies RJ, Sontag E, Meads MB, Shain K. An Platform for the Prediction of Clinical Response in Multiple Myeloma. Cancer Res. 2017 Jun.77(12):3336-3351. Pubmedid: 28400475.
- Zhang J, Kong G, Rajagopalan A, Lu L, Song J, Hussaini M, Zhang X, Ranheim EA, Liu Y, Wang J, Gao X, Chang YI, Johnson K, Zhou Y, Yang D, Bhatnagar B, Lucas DM, Bresnick E, Zhong X, Padron E, Zhang J. p53-/- synergizes with enhanced NrasG12D signaling to transform megakaryocyte-erythroid progenitors in acute myeloid leukemia. Blood. 2017 Jan.129(3):358-370. Pubmedid: 27815262. Pmcid: PMC5248933.
- Su J, Liu S, Song J. A segmentation method based on HMRF for the aided diagnosis of acute myeloid leukemia. Comput Methods Programs Biomed. 2017 Dec.152:115-123. Pubmedid: 29054251.
- Sallman DA, Komrokji R, Cluzeau T, Vaupel C, Al Ali NH, Lancet J, Hall J, List A, Padron E, Song J. ASXL1 frameshift mutations drive inferior outcomes in CMML without negative impact in MDS. Blood Cancer J. 2017 11.7(12):633. Pubmedid: 29176559. Pmcid: PMC5802523.
- Su J, Xu X, He Y, Song J. Automatic Detection of Cervical Cancer Cells by a Two-Level Cascade Classification System. Anal Cell Pathol (Amst). 2016 Dec.2016:9535027. Pubmedid: 27298758. Pmcid: PMC4889791.
- Nishihori T, Song J, Shain KH. Minimal Residual Disease Assessment in the Context of Multiple Myeloma Treatment. Curr Hematol Malig Rep. 2016 Apr.11(2):118-126. Pubmedid: 26898557. Pmcid: PMC4819726.
- Sasi SP, Song J, Park D, Enderling H, McDonald JT, Gee H, Garrity B, Shtifman A, Yan X, Walsh K, Natarajan M, Kishore R, Goukassian DA. TNF-TNFR2/p75 signaling inhibits early and increases delayed nontargeted effects in bone marrow-derived endothelial progenitor cells. J Biol Chem. 2015 Nov.290(45):27014. Pubmedid: 26546693. Pmcid: PMC4646378.
- Song J, Shao H. SNP Array in Hematopoietic Neoplasms: A Review. Microarrays (Basel). 2015 Dec.5(1). Pubmedid: 27600067. Pmcid: PMC5003446.
- Gulati G, Song J, Florea AD, Gong J. Purpose and criteria for blood smear scan, blood smear examination, and blood smear review. Ann Lab Med. 2013 Jan.33(1):1-7. Pubmedid: 23301216. Pmcid: PMC3535191.
- El-Sayed NM, Ghedin E, Song J, MacLeod A, Bringaud F, Larkin C, Wanless D, Peterson J, Hou L, Taylor S, Tweedie A, Biteau N, Khalak HG, Lin X, Mason T, Hannick L, Caler E, Blandin G, Bartholomeu D, Simpson AJ, Kaul S, Zhao H, Pai G, Van Aken S, Utterback T, Haas B, Koo HL, Umayam L, Suh B, Gerrard C, Leech V, Qi R, Zhou S, Schwartz D, Feldblyum T, Salzberg S, Tait A, Turner CM, Ullu E, White O, Melville S, Adams MD, Fraser CM, Donelson JE. The sequence and analysis of Trypanosoma brucei chromosome II. Nucleic Acids Res. 2003 Aug.31(16):4856-4863. Pubmedid: 12907728. Pmcid: PMC169936.
- Song J, Melera PW. Further characterization of the sixth transmembrane domain of Pgp1 by site-directed mutagenesis. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2001 Nov.48(5):339-346. Pubmedid: 11761450.
- Song J, Melera PW. Transmembrane domain (TM) 9 represents a novel site in P-glycoprotein that affects drug resistance and cooperates with TM6 to mediate [125I]iodoarylazidoprazosin labeling. Mol Pharmacol. 2001 Aug.60(2):254-261. Pubmedid: 11455011.
- Song J, Minetti CA, Blake MS, Colombini M. Meningococcal PorA/C1, a channel that combines high conductance and high selectivity. Biophys J. 1999 Feb.76(2):804-813. Pubmedid: 9929482. Pmcid: PMC1300082.
- Song J, Midson C, Blachly-Dyson E, Forte M, Colombini M. The topology of VDAC as probed by biotin modification. J Biol Chem. 1998 Sep.273(38):24406-24413. Pubmedid: 9733730.
- Song J, Minetti CA, Blake MS, Colombini M. Successful recovery of the normal electrophysiological properties of PorB (class 3) porin from Neisseria meningitidis after expression in Escherichia coli and renaturation. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998 Mar.1370(2):289-298. Pubmedid: 9545584.
- Song J, Midson C, Blachly-Dyson E, Forte M, Colombini M. The sensor regions of VDAC are translocated from within the membrane to the surface during the gating processes. Biophys J. 1998 Jun.74(6):2926-2944. Pubmedid: 9635747. Pmcid: PMC1299634.
- Blachly-Dyson E, Song J, Wolfgang WJ, Colombini M, Forte M. Multicopy suppressors of phenotypes resulting from the absence of yeast VDAC encode a VDAC-like protein. Mol Cell Biol. 1997 Oct.17(10):5727-5738. Pubmedid: 9315631. Pmcid: PMC232421.
- Song J, Colombini M. Indications of a common folding pattern for VDAC channels from all sources. J Bioenerg Biomembr. 1996 Apr.28(2):153-161. Pubmedid: 9132414.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.