Find a Doctor
Rawan Faramand, MD
Specialty: Blood and Marrow Transplant and Cellular Immunotherapy
Program: Blood and Marrow Transplant and Cellular Immunotherapy
Locations: Moffitt Cancer Center
Cancer Focus: Leukemia , MDS, Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS)
Dr. Faramand earned her MD from Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine in Richmond. She completed an Internal Medicine Residency at the University of Maryland Medical Center, where she also served as Chief Resident. She recently completed a Hematology and Medical Oncology Fellowship at the University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine and Moffitt Cancer Center, where she also served as Chief Fellow. Dr. Faramand’s clinical focus is on allogeneic stem cell transplantation for hematologic malignancies. She is particularly interested in improving outcomes for patients with acute leukemias, including acute lymphoblastic leukemias and acute myeloid leukemia as well as myelodysplastic syndrome. Dr. Faramand’s research is primarily focused on improving outcomes for patients with leukemia, and she has worked on specific projects during her fellowship under the mentorship of Drs. Mishra, Davila and Chavez.
Education & Training
- Internal Medicine
- University of South Florida - Hematology & Medical Oncology
- Maryland Medical Center - Internal Medicine
- Virginia Commonwealth University - MD
- Ayers EC, Li S, Medeiros LJ, Bond DA, Maddocks KJ, Torka P, Mier Hicks A, Curry M, Wagner-Johnston ND, Karmali R, Behdad A, Fakhri B, Kahl BS, Churnetski MC, Cohen JB, Reddy NM, Modi D, Ramchandren R, Howlett C, Leslie LA, Cytryn S, Diefenbach CS, Faramand R, Chavez JC, Olszewski AJ, Liu Y, Barta SK, Mukhija D, Hill BT, Ma H, Amengual JE, Nathan S, Assouline SE, Orellana-Noia VM, Portell CA, Chandar A, David KA, Giri A, Hess BT, Landsburg DJ. Outcomes in patients with aggressive B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma after intensive frontline treatment failure. Cancer. 2019 Sep.126(2):293-303. Pubmedid: 31568564.
- Sandoval-Sus JD, Faramand R, Chavez J, Puri S, Parra P, Sokol L, Kharfan-Dabaja MA, Shah B, Ayala E. Allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation is potentially curative in mantle cell lymphoma: results from a single institution study. Leuk Lymphoma. 2019 Feb.60(2):309-316. Pubmedid: 29963932.
- Landsburg DJ, Ayers EC, Bond DA, Maddocks KJ, Karmali R, Behdad A, Curry M, Wagner-Johnston ND, Modi D, Ramchandren R, Assouline SE, Faramand R, Chavez JC, Torka P, Mier Hicks A, Medeiros LJ, Li S. Poor outcomes for double-hit lymphoma patients treated with curative-intent second-line immunochemotherapy following failure of intensive front-line immunochemotherapy. Brit J Haematol. 2019 Dec. Pubmedid: 31804715.
- Babakoohi S, Lapidus RG, Faramand R, Sausville EA, Emadi A. Comparative Analysis of Methods for Detecting Isocitrate Dehydrogenase 1 and 2 Mutations and Their Metabolic Consequence, 2-Hydroxyglutarate, in Different Neoplasms. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2017 May.25(5):334-337. Pubmedid: 26945443.
- Emadi A, Faramand R, Carter-Cooper B, Tolu S, Ford LA, Lapidus RG, Wetzler M, Wang ES, Etemadi A, Griffiths EA. Presence of isocitrate dehydrogenase mutations may predict clinical response to hypomethylating agents in patients with acute myeloid leukemia. Am J Hematol. 2015 May.90(5):E77-E79. Pubmedid: 25651001.
- Fathi AT, Wander SA, Faramand R, Emadi A. Biochemical, Epigenetic, and Metabolic Approaches to Target IDH Mutations in Acute Myeloid Leukemia. Semin Hematol. 2015 Jul.52(3):165-171. Pubmedid: 26111463.