Find a Doctor
Yoly Pina, MD
Locations: Moffitt Cancer Center
Cancer Focus: Brain Cancer , Glioblastoma , Meningioma , Neurofibromatosis
Dr. Piña earned her M.D. from the University of South Florida, Morsani College of Medicine, where she also completed her Residency in Neurology. She recently completed a Neuro-Oncology Fellowship at Moffitt Cancer Center. Dr. Piña has over 33 peer-reviewed publications, has written ITTs, and submitted a grant during her Fellowship at Moffitt. Her main clinical and translational research focus will be to develop a program and specialization in “onco-neurology.” This program will seek to understand, prevent and treat the neurologic complications of immunotherapies such as CAR-T cell Therapy and Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors. Her other clinical and translational research interests include central nervous system primary and metastatic tumors.
Education & Training
- Moffitt Cancer Center - NeuroOncology
- University of South Florida - Neurology
- USF Morsani College of MedicineMD
- Piña Y, Fusco MJ, Macaulay RJ, Walko CM, Peguero E, Evernden BR, Smalley KS, Forsyth P. Using personalized medicine in gliomas: a genomic approach to diagnosis and overcoming treatment resistance in a case with pleomorphic xanthoastrocytoma. J Neurol. 2019 Nov.267(3):783-790. Pubmedid: 31748891. Pmcid: PMC7035305.
The Provider Rating is an average of all responses to specific care provider-related questions from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive
different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Comments are gathered from specific care provider-related questions from our Patient Satisfaction Survey . The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.
We post both positive and negative comments from the surveys. We do not post comments that are libelous, slanderous, profane, irrelevant or otherwise inappropriate or may risk the privacy of our patients. A “[…]” in the comments below indicates de-identified patient information or comments that are unrelated to the patient’s experience with the visit to the provider, such as comments related to another provider, about the survey itself, or otherwise completely off-topic.
Not all providers will have a star rating or comments. In order to ensure accuracy of our ratings, we only display ratings for providers who have a minimum of 30 completed from the previous 12 months.Learn more about our patient comments
Provider Ratings and comments are gathered from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. If a provider does not have ratings or comments listed it can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. We require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.